Guest viewing is limited

Finally I did it

Hi every one
Is there any one has an experience how to deal with the nerve pain in the foot
I have to return to the work after three weeks I can't put my foot in any shoes
If the pain still as it is ,what should I do

I was given gabapentin and when that didn't work I was prescribed lyrica. It also didn't work. I don't think there is much to do except wait for the nerve to heal.

It will heal and the pain will go away. The pain I have now is much less then it was 6 weeks ago. Parts of my foot are wakening every few days. I was referred to a neurosurgeon who ordered an EMG and MRI to pinpoint where the nerve was injured and what sort of injury occurred. He did tell me if the nerve was stretched it could take 18 months to 2 years to fully recover.

Don't let this get you down. You have to push onward knowing it will get better.
 
I wonder if a prescription strength Lidocaine ointment would help. I had a lot of foot surgeries and dealt with all kinds of nerve pain from consistent to what I called "nerve zingers" to "creepy crawlies". Thankfully not so much constant -- and I'm sorry that seems to be what you are feeling. The "creepy crawlies" drove me nuts because it felt like a bug was crawling over my foot and the nerve zingers would cause me to kick out -- which would have interesting results when someone was sitting across from me under a conference table! Its all a matter of time for the nerve to heal. Good luck!
 
Hi AWS
I'm confused did you wait 18 months
WOW this is so scary ,they told me 6 months
And I have a big problem to put my foot inside any shoes how I can go to work
Lyrica is reducing the soreness but the pain still there
I discovered for me walking or standing are less painful than sitting or laying so it is ok to move to work but what to do about the shoes
 
I am 10 weeks out from my surgery. The neurosurgeon gave me some scenarios of how long it could take for the nerve to recover. The one I mentioned was if the nerve was stretched as the OS told me.

Yes walking and standing lessens the pain. Wearing shoes does also. I wear boots to work and while it is a challenge getting them on once they are on I have no pain. If you can get the shoes on make sure to tie them tightly. If you don't you could walk out of them because you have no feeling in your foot.
 
Hi AWS
You are my hero today is the first day I tried to walk with a shoes
Yes you are right it reduce the pain it seemed like it cut the electric pulse circuit when it just reach the foot
If you have a magic solution for sleeping as all the night I am walk up and shake my foot to reduce the pain so all the day I feel so exhausted can not do anything
 
Hi everyone
If any one have an explanation to why the pain in the joint and butt disappear and then return back and I can't left up my leg as before the pain I am afraid that I did something wrong,Ian trying to monitor the 90 degrees carefully but sometimes my family told me no this is not 90 degrees
Is this can cause the setback in the joint recovery
Thanks
 
Hi Kayak59
Unfortunately I ordered Lidocaine it didn't work
Until now my night sleeping very very bad and affect on my day activities
I still wonder how I can survive in the following months
If you have any advice I will be more than appreciated
Thanks
 
Hi Nagwa.
Your not even 2 months yet.
I think its normal enough to have some aches and pains from post op still.
Things should settle down quite a bit more.
Joe......
 
Thanks Joe
My concern that this aches sometimes disappear completely and then begin again as I am afraid from doing any thing wrong
Thank you
 
Everything you describe is normal. There are days when you'll feel great with no pain. On those days you might be more active. The next day you'll have aches and pains. It's normal.

The nerve pain I had at night isn't as bad as it was. I am able to fall asleep easily and don't wake up during the night because of pain. It's still there just not as bad. As time goes by you'll feel less pain.
 
Thanks AWS
Hope to you less pain,great recovery,peaceful nights and happy life
 
Hi Nagwa,
Just checked in to see how you are doing. We had our surgery three days apart. I still have pain that comes and goes. I get around in the house without a cane but still use it walking outside.

Sleep is the worst for me too but I remind myself that it isn't cause for worry - just recovery - especially as the pain is not in my hip or groin but in my thigh or knee. Those large muscles are just telling me they are tight. I need to remember to still ice too.
Also I need help with shoes and socks. I can put my winter boots on no problem but need my husband to put my socks on me in the morning so I can get out. We still have some snow here, in fact it snowed yesterday! Gah! When warmer weather arrives l hope that I can get into sandals!

Bye for now - try not to worry about your pain being something wrong, but jyst normal to your recovery.

Jan
 
I also am trying to walk the line between what I feel up to doing, and whether I've done too much. Numbness is greatly reduced at 3 weeks post-op, but thighs are super tender to the touch now and still get those weird nerve stings down sides of my thighs especially when I expand my gait much over baby steps. I had both hips done so for some reason when one wants to act right, the other wants to act up.
 
Clarification, important, leg pain not hip pain
 
Hi Labanan
My concern that sometimes I have pain in the inner place of the joint
I trying to follow the range of motion carefully but sometimes I set on law chair or picked something on the floor it is few times but I am afraid from doing something wrong to the artificial joint
I was able to left up my leg to the bed without pain,now I have some pain
I walk in the house without the cane but still having limbs
I have to return to the work after ten days I was hoping to go without the cane but obviously this is difficult
My nerve pain in my foot another story I was disappointed to have it
But this is my destiny sometimes I can doing my activity without thinking about it and sometimes the electric pulses are horrible I sat down and and shake my foot like crazy to reduce pain
I can't sleep well because of this case
OK it's all time issue but I hope that I didn't did something wrong to the artificial joint
 
I have had ALOT of different kinds of weird nerve pain and leg muscles pain and some lower back pain from all the sitting and laying, but not the hip joint terrible pain I had prior to surgery. But if you think it is somehow something you did to your artificial joint, maybe you should check with your doctor. I hope you have a better day today..
 
Hi everyone
I have a problem strange problem I feel that the surgery leg is taller then the other but when I laying and put heel to heel and knee to knee as my doctor did they are the same and the x-Ray for the joint is OK three doctors review it but when standing up I feel difference l have to bend my knee a little pit to be the same ,my doctor said that will be solved with time as I was having deformation in my body due to the late in doing the surgery about three years but I am afraid of loading on my other leg ,if I buy a silicon heel for the right leg could it help
Thanks
 
Nagwa it's very common to feel this post surgery. I felt a difference in leg length for about 8 weeks and as I balanced out it settled and has now gone. My surgeon said not to wear any inserts in shoes until time had settled it so you may want to get guidance on this before you use a silicone insert.
All the best
Sam x


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I am one week post surgery and at the moment I feel as if the operated leg is longer than the other one. I am assuming that this feeling will reduce in time but I find that I tend to stand with the operated leg slightly bent at the knee and have to keep reminding myself to spread the weight evenly over both legs. The hip itself is not painful but I have some nerve pain in the lower leg which is improved by getting up and walking around for a few minutes.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom