Guest viewing is limited

Finally I did it

Hi sammylou99
I am now almost 8 weeks post op and this feeling still exist my doctor insist that they are ok but I lave to bend my knee a little bit to balance my weight and I will return to the work after one week from now
 
Hi JAS
I hope to you great recovery, yes exactly the same way I balance my weight on both legs I hope this will disappear quickly with you but for me I am 8 weeks post op
Any way I will wait for another few weeks and back to the doctor agin
Thanks to you and thanks to Sam x
For your respond I hope great recovery for all of us
 
I have had that sensation of my operated side leg feeling taller but it is starting to normalize now. Are you going back to work full-time? I was going to on Monday but decided not to. I'm not ready.
 
Hi Labanan
I have to return to work after one week from now I need to proceed in my life but I am afraid I sometimes have pain in my leg beside the continuous nerve pain in my foot in general my health is not good but I thought if I proceed my life this could help
I will be from 8 in the morning to 2:30 afternoon for three weeks then we have about one week vacation after that the real time begins from 8 morning till 4:15 afternoons
So I thought that these three weeks with reduced work time may help as training to the full time work
So any advice can help or support
Why you decide that you aren't ready?
 
Hi Nagwa - hmm... I still get quite tired and my work, although not physically tiring is quite mentally and emotionally tiring. I work with Indigenous families (both Indian and Inuit) who have addictions. My surgeon said I could be off until July 3rd. I'm covered by employment insurance until then, having run out of sick leave. My husband and I will travel to Ontario - two thousand kilometres away for family wedding. So I told work that I would not come back until August 1 so wasn't going and coming. It means no salary for me for a month but we decided we would deal with that. Hope this isn't too confusing!

I'm glad you are going back for reduced hours and then get a wee vacation! I think there is nothing to do but try it. I know if I had to go back I could but am glad as I needed this break for more than my hip.

And now to bed for me!
 
Hi Labanan
Wow it is humanity job,God with you
I hope your travel will be comfort get a happy times
You will return to your job able to continue after this big surgery, I think all women can manage the reduction in the income ,so I hope you can
So I will resume my work after 6 days from now,I have to prepare my comfort clothes as the degree here from 30 c to 39 c it is very hot summer ,I will be happy if I could do my work again
Hope to you great times
 
Hi Nagwa.
Best wishes with your back to work.
Do you still use a cane ?
Could you possibly bring it in to work with you even jf you don't use it now so your colleagues know that you are not totally normal just yet.
Joe.....
 
Hi joe
Actually I am still using the cane
I have to return after two days from now,I am so nervous and every day I have a pain in different part in my body and I tell my self
I am not normal to proceed in my life
I have to do anther X-Ray to my surgery
I hurtled my artificial joint
I was able to left my leg up to the bed without pain,now I have pain the the part where the appendix exist,my therapist said that it is from the exercise to the muscle
I am in a mental mess I do not know the why
I was happy by returning back to my life
Why these happened
Why these new pain
 
Hi Nagwa.
Sorry that you are stressed out at the moment.
Try not to get too worried if possible.
Your body has been through a lot and I felt many pains early in recovery.
See how you get along at work and please take some extra painkillers to help you along (within medical guidelines of course).
Its not unusual at all for new aches and pains to happen as we get more mobile. Maybe cut back on your PT also when you return to work.
I really think you'll be ok.
Its ok not to feel ok.
Joe.........
 
I can say to listen to @Irish Joe. I was getting new pains all over and he was very encouraging and supportive, telling me that it was all part of the recovery. I would hurt in one area and then that would ease, only to wake up the next day with a new pain. I still feel as though I am not quite there yet but getting better. I would never have thought that recovery would bring pain in so many different areas. However, it makes sense, but that doesn't always make it easy. People would ask how I was doing and I'd hate to say, well my knee, back, foot, etc, now hurts. Hang in there.
 
Yes,Nivea
You are right my knee,back,scar tissue,etc but these becomes more and more when I decide to return to work so it may be some of these from my fear of screwing up in my work
 
Hi everyone
Today was my first day at the work,everything was OK
The first minuets was hugs and asking About my health
After that I began doing my job,really I was need that
I had pains in different part in my body put I wasn't thinking about it during working hours,when I return home I could sleep for the first time deeply ,in general it was good decision to return
 
So glad your return to work was very positive. Please do very little when you come home from work. Rest, ice and elevate if you can - and nothing else. No PT or exercise. You will have plenty of exercise at work.
 
Thanks Labanan
I'm a little bit exhausted but feeling more positive
Hope your journey going OK
 
Hi everyone
Tomorrow will be my fifth day at work after two months post op
Everything going ok except swelling foot my doctor said its normal but
I'm already have nerve pain in my foot beside swelling it is very bad feeling
Can anyone help what I have to do
 
Back
Top Bottom