Guest viewing is limited

Finally I did it

actually most doctors here prefer to be in pain than addict
This is just cruel! You will not get addicted to anything in the short space of time that you are taking these drugs. In any case, you are taking them for a very good reason - to gain mobility.
they put the stomach and the kidney into consideration
Again - a very short space of time. Not very patient friendly thinking!
 
It's nuts when you think about it.
Doctors don't want to give people who are in pain the meds they need for that pain because of addiction fears.
What were the meds created for.
If your sore take a pill.
If your not Don't.
I'm glad you are feeling better.
Joe.........
 
Hi, yesterday was my first walk outside the house
At the first I could not walk more than 6 min ,and rest then 12 min and rest then 20 min I was happy except the burning feel in my foot ,but in general it decrease during walking
The doctor advised me to do some exercise in the pool
But I feel it is early for my surgery cut
Could you advice me? As the doctor assistant told me that strengthening the muscle helps the nerve to heal actually I do not know any thing about this information
 
Pool is great for getting muscles working and its great also because there's no weight bearing.
I wouldn't get in 'till the scar is fully healed though.
Joe.......
 
Yes joe,you are right
I have to wait the scar to complete healing
 
Glad to hear it's slowly getting better. Swimming or just non weight bearing exercises in a pool are wonderful. I waited until 6 weeks to get in a pool as wanted scar to be completely healed. I think with any nerve pain pressure helps. Mine is in my non op thigh and I rub it hard to desensitise it. I imagine for your foot it's similar and that's why the walking helps. Just walk little and often. Don't overdo it yet! The first couple of weeks are the worst for pain and after that each week you will notice a difference. I had good pain relief after two weeks with alternating ibuprofen and paracetemol (Advil and Tylenol) all through the day. You don't need a prescription for these.
Hope you have a better weekend.
Sam x


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks Sam
If I could manage the pain in my foot due to injured nerve I will be so happy
 
Maybe one of those massaging foot baths might help? Foot spa? X


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Glad to hear you are coping - it is hard when you feel alone and panicky with pain. Many years ago l had back surgery. It fixed the mechanics but I was left with terrific pain no western doctor seemed to be able to deal with. One of the unorthodox ways I found to work with the pain was a class I took in yoga for people with disabilities or chronic pain. One very weird but extremely helpful exercise was to imagine your body doing the exercise without doing it. I wonder if you could do that? Just lie in bed or in your comfortable firm chair and imagine your reluctant foot going through a tange of motions WITHOUT moving it. Imagine all the nerves, blood vessels, soft tissue, bones and joints as healthy. Try it a few times a day.
Much love and care out to you, my companion on this journey!
 
Sounds like you have the same problem as me. The pain isn't as bad as it was and some parts of my foot have woken up. Walking does relieve the pain as does elevating the foot at night to sleep.

It does get better, but takes a long time. Depending on how the nerve was damaged will determine how long it takes to heal.
 
Hi Sam x
What do you mean by foot massage?
Hi Labanan
I do not know if imagination can help or not but I know if I did That the pain still exist ,really I can not imagine it will disappear these things need faith which supplied to you at the class ,we don't have classes like this
I will try it by my self I hope it works
HI AWS
yes we have the same problem I hope the time you speaking about is not long I was thinking that the surgery will end my suffering not to start with another phase that depressed me ,I took three years to take the decision to make the operation some family members were disagree with the surgery because of its side effect like what we suffering now.
I will start ultrasound session today to help in healing the nerve I hope it works ,I do not know
How do you do your life activities with this pain ,I am totally out of order
 
Hi Nagwa I think you should follow doctors advice re your foot nerve pain as mine is in my thigh and different. I hope you get the relief you need as I know from experience it is not a good feeling.
Sending hugs,
Sam


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Nagwa, sending healing thoughts your way. I think you need to follow the advice of your doctor and that will help. Keep in touch with doctor if pain continues though so they can tell you what to do. Hang in there!
 
@Nagwa Hope you are feeling better now. After one of my knee replacements, I had horrible agonizing pain from my upper calf to ankles. It was just cramps! Just massaging that area helped unbelievably! I also started taking Magnesium supplements at night and that really seemed to help too. I've taken them ever since. If I get what feels like muscles cramps after my THR (can't wait!) I will remember that -- along with Ice, Ice, Ice and all the other advice and guidance too, of course!.
 
Still sending healing thoughts your way. I see you took your first walk outside, feels so good doesn't it? Finally some fresh air :) I hope the ultrasound helps.

I know it is difficult but you really are still early in your recovery. I had my surgery March 30 and I still have pain in my thigh and numbness down the outside of my leg, but I know from having the other hip done that some of these things just take time. Last time I had numbness down the side of my leg for a long time but it eventually lessened and lessened until it went away.

I love the pool and cannot wait to get in. My scar is healing pretty good so maybe another week or week and a half. I did pool for my other hip and it is a wonderful, yet gentle way to move forward in your recovery. Until then it is a balance of resting enough, yet moving enough too. If one sits too much, that can bring pain too.

Good luck to you and you are in my thoughts -Cathy
 
Hi every one,
Should I feel pain in the joint area when lifting up my leg or slide it up and down on the bed using my heel
I feel instant pain (weak pain) with the movement stops when I complete or stop the movement ,is this normal
 
Hi Nagwa,
I feel that pain when I do those things and so try not to do them. I guess that means it is normal for us. Because of the instructions given by this great site I know I am to let pain be my guide.

I noticed you are visiting people's threads - thst tells me you are feeling a bit better. I'm so glad! Part of what we need to do is distract ourselves so our bodies can mend without us interfering.

Many good wishes for you as you continue to heal.

Jan
 
All normal post op pain. Did you ask for more pain medication? You really need it to continue to get more mobile.
 
Thanks Jan
Yes I am trying
Hi Jaycey,now The doctor gives me three med. for nerve inflammation
I am still in foot pain but I think it is in reduction by a very little rate
 
Hi every one ,the pills I take for nerve inflammation cause sleeping so more than two times I found myself laying down on my surgery side
This terrified me ,so I need to know when it is OK to laying down on the surgery side


Sent from my iPad
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom