February Valentines 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In February?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, my surgery was scheduled for 29th January but was cancelled the day before! Very disappointing. It is now rescheduled for 19th February for a right THR. I really hope it goes ahead this time. Getting a little nervous but no doubts about it being the right thing to do. :)
 
Good luck tgwal. prayers for you today. All will go well and hope to hear from you soon.
 
Emily76, the 19th will be here before you know it. Time flies when you're scurrying about on one leg, getting everything ready. 'Fingers crossed that the surgery goes on as planned, and for a speedy recovery.
 
To mrpounds and hiphiphorray,

Lots of luck for tomorrow. Wishing you both a speedy recovery
 
Thank you, Kim22! I'm torn between nerves and just wanting to get on with it. 'Will be glad to "see you" on the other side.

Mrpounds, off we go! Good luck, surgi-twin.
 
Take three... I do hope none of the February Valentines have dropped off the list... Tag me if it has happened again :)

I have brought the Feb list forward so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

04 Feb mjmrphy55
05 Feb Weezi and Quee-Knee
06 Feb tgwal
07 Feb hiphiphorray
11 Feb inimeg68
12 Feb 30something and nellsbells and scareDcat
13 Feb inimeg68 and Arcee and Rufa
15 Feb Cindy B
17 Feb
19 Feb octopus and Firebrand and emily76
20 Feb clifford149
22 Feb BionicWoman2
25 Feb rebel
26 Feb designergirl and sandybeach
27 Feb AnnBanan
 
Hi emily76 I have added you to the February list, and as mentioned you now have two surgical buddies octopus and Firebrand

Won't be long now... The days/weeks are ticking by very quickly.

:)
 
Still early days to hear from Weezi, Quee-Knee and tgal.. :)
 
inimeg68 yes you are, so wanted to wish you well.. Look forward to your first update on the recovery side :)
 
7 hippies to go next week but my heart is especially with inimeg68 as she is going to have both hips replaced. Good luck to all!!!
I just saw the post of hiphiphorray and was very encouraged with her post.
I wish you the same,
All the best!!!
 
Poppet
Hi Poppet
I may schedule for the last week of February. I am waiting to recover fully from the terrible flu (influenza?) that I had about 2 weeks ago. Cough still continues?
My OS mentioned just 2 weeks of notice after I decide. I was planning to get it done initially in April so that I would loose some weight and get my muscles stronger but the pain and disability is getting worse and both the recommendation here by Jo and others as well as my surgeon says that I should not wait any longer and get it done.
Any way, I have a question to you. Do you think I should get a checkup for my teeth as I am feeling uneasy in one of my tooth. Is it a good idea to have a canal treatment on your tooth a couple of weeks before surgery or just ignore it as it may be psychological pain that I feel?
what do you think?
selin
 
So glad to hear that Weezi is back home. I have been looking out for her
 
Hi all. I just found this forum today. My surgery is Wednesday, 13 February. I'm having my right hip replaced using the anterior approach. I'm so glad I found y'all. I'm pretty nervous, and you make me feel less alone. Thanks.
 
Drbabs
Good luck this wednesday!
Have you got any previous operations or is this the 1st one?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom