THR Eve2 recovery, reporting from the other side

Hey there, I feel you! I lost a friend to suicide last September too. I feel now that I am getting rid of my hip pain, I still need to process the pain of losing my much younger friend. I am sending you love and solidarity thoughts. It's really not easy...

Your visit on the other hand sounds like a blast! I have never made it to outside lands, due to exactly what you said with the lines and the bathroom situation :D After going through this surgery you have earned a bit of pampering! Enjoy!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Chronic pain messes up your head

while I am still recovering, which means I am still in pain a little bit, I still feel and know that the "original pain" is gone, and I've had moments where I started crying because I realized I am not in pain and that I forgot how this feels like!!!

Yeah, so it's really really good! Thank you!
 
And now to a segment called:
Eve's day out

As I mentioned before I had friends from out of town visiting. The day after I met them and reported and about pain and sitting, I stayed at home and they stayed with me. I took it easy and all was good. Enter weekend: I ruin everything. I spend all of Saturday outside.
A 2 hour museum visit (with lots of resting breaks) followed by a lot of moving around. So to get from one place to another I was ordering Lyfts, but then going from a restaurant to a bar 0.5 miles away, I would walk.
I checked my phone at the end of the day and it told me the amount of miles I walked and I won't tell it here, because I am a bit scared, as I am sure it is not appropriate to my recovery stage.
Sunday morning, I wake up and I am scared I will be in pain, but to my surprise I wasn't. We go out to have a goodbye breakfast with our friends and sure enough bäm I go back home and I am in pain. My guess: the very uncomfortable high chair I was sitting in for an hour.
So I spend the rest of yesterday not moving much and today I wake up not feeling my best either, so I am icing like the world champion of ice, taking it easy and praying I didn't mess it up.

All positive thoughts and prayers are appreciated.
 
Thanks so much for your sweet note Eve ~
I'm sorry you lost your friend in the same manner...it really sucks so much and my heart goes out to you!

I had the same experience at 2 weeks post op....going to a Party, then out to dinner, then listening and dancing to music at home (well slow dancing anyway....)...I felt really great so I went out but really over did it and was in bed for 2 days straight icing and elevating...had to cancel my PT etc...thank goodness after two days of staying in and resting...I was feeling great again!

My 3rd week, I only went out once...to dinner and a show...I was a little tired the next day but felt good so guess it's all about moderation. Your body will tell you if you've done too much, It did mine...so just take it easy, let your body heal, relax and remember that you'll be running around that City again before you know it!
Meantime ICE ICE BABY!
Sending Love and Big Hugs to you ~
j
 
Last edited:
I checked my phone at the end of the day and it told me the amount of miles I walked and I won't tell it here, because I am a bit scared, as I am sure it is not appropriate to my recovery stage.
No..it wasn't.:nah:
But that's how we know...how we learn.
You have just put a little bit too much on those poor stretched out muscles that still want to recoup from that trauma.
A few easy days with lots of ice and resting, and then a slower pace when you do resume for a bit longer.
We have all hit the ODIC (Overdid It Club)
I'm sure it's just complaining a bit.
You'll be back on track in no time!:loveshwr:
 
Last edited:
We have all hit the ODIC (Overdid It Club)

I may have earned the title of the queen of ODIC for this past weekend. I do not intend to repeat this. My friend wanted to come and be with me and asked me to dictate the pace, but since I have always been the queen of ODIC, now I am the queen of the couch with ice on my bubu :elevate:

thank you for your comforting and supporting words!
 
Hi there, Eve
Sorry you're in pain and uncomfortable.
I'm going to leave the Activity Progression for THR so you can view a rough guideline of
suggested avtivity at 2-3 weeks post op. I think you'll understand why you're hurting.
I'm sure with some rest and ice you'll feel like you did before you hit the ODIC.
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/activity-progression-for-thrs.13187/

I'm really sorry about the loss of your friend. It's simply heartbreaking and must have been extremely
difficult. :console2: Hopefully you find comfort in the good memories you shared.

You asked a few posts back about the discomfort in sitting too long. Yes, it does improve slowly but surely.
Just as the other aspects of recovery continually progress, so does sitting for lengths of time. It took a couple months though, if I recall, to sit in the car for more than 20-30 mins without discomfort. You'll get there soon.

Hope your night is peaceful and relaxing!
@eve2
 
Hey Queenie~
How did you get to be sooooo smart for such a young pup :ice:? Chill on the couch, ice and elevate till your feelin' better!

PS I'm watching "night flight"...it's hillarious! Mindless entertainment:spin:while recouping!
Rest Well~
 
Last edited:
And the award for ODIC Monster of the Day goes to....

The bad part about the ODIC is that you're past the door and half way to the bar before you realize you're in the vicinity. On the other hand, if you don't go for it, you'll never know your limits. And what sends you to the couch with ice this week will barely register in a week or two, so I say, bear your pain with pride, and raise a glass to the learning experience. As St. Paul said, sin bravely. (I'm sure he had exactly this situation in mind.)

Feel better, you monster!
 
@Layla

Thank you so much! Believe it or not, I have a tap open with the activity progression. I check it every day and I think it is very useful and it is one of the reasons why I know what I did last weekend was crazy :)

I learned my lesson!

@Bone-obo I am sitting bravely on the couch with my double, opposite crowns/titles. And I know you are right. Today is the third day of repenting/resting and I feel much better and I don't feel like doing what I did any time soon. So I guess, all good. I am grateful I could get out of bed, make coffee for my husband and my self and feeling good while doing this.


Have a lovely day everybody!
I am sending you lovely and healing thoughts all around
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Day 3 of taking it easy

I joined the UDIC (under do it club) and I guess it's time to attempt a trip to the grocery store (2 blocks away) to get a couple of things. This trip will be attempted with Mz. S folded in my backpack. Will see how it goes.
 
Mz Sugarcane will enjoy the jaunt. I hope you do too :yes: Go s-l-o-w
Let us know how it went..afterward. While you're icing and elevating, that is :ice:

Just precautionary :wink:
@eve2
 
@Layla
Am back, I feel fine :D Mz. S. stayed in my backpack folded. I went to the store got a couple of things and walked back (nothing too heavy and was holding my tote bag by the handles not putting its weight in the shoulders). It got a bit uncomfortable on my way back right before reaching the door, this is when I thought: Once you arrive you ice it :D

So, I made myself a strawberry milkshake and I am icing it while resting on the couch. I guess that's enough activity for the day.
Now I also have a better pic of how I feel, when I meet my PT tomorrow.

It's happening, slowly but surely, yay

:dancy:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
YAY!
A little activity seems to go a long way (I'm finding)....wanna make a shake for me? I'll come right over : )
Slow and steady wins this race:egypdance:
Hope you have an awesome afternoon ~ relax and enjoy the down time!
j
 
Come, though I have to warn you, I am yet to crack the code of a creamy shake! I just recently got a vitamax, so I am new to this world and one of my goals is: a very creamy smooth strawberry shake!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi again, @eve2

Wonderful! I'm happy you made it. It's is important to get out and smell the roses.
Consider doing several of those icing sessions tonight if you're just sitting around.
For 3 weeks, you're doing really well! Keep taking it slow. You don't want to visit the ODIC.
Wishing you a peaceful night in beautiful San Francisco. :)
 

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom