Guest viewing is limited

THR Eve2 recovery, reporting from the other side

@eve2.

I did lots of crying. Wishing god would take me or make it stop. Beer before surgery was of no help but now my pain is all but gone. More soreness instead of pain. Beer is beer again. I think you know what I mean. Glad to read you are doing well. Have a peaceful evening.
 
Hello everyone!
So I have been having this burning sensation on my thigh, the skin hurts and today whenever I want to flex my leg it feels as if the skin is burning.
It's nothing too bad, it's just a bit painful and uncomfortable.
Other than that all is good, whatever happened that made me walk without the cane two days ago is gone now and now when I try and see how it is without the cane it hurts, so I go back to my Mz sugarcane and try not to stress about it, as hopefully this will sort itself out soon.
I am seeing my doctor Monday for my (almost) 2 week post op check.
I will keep you updated.
Hope everyone is managing their implants and all is good.
P.S. did anyone name their implant? Once I am off the meds and get a feeling of how this thing really feels like, I would really like to name it :D
 
Recovery is not a straight line unfortunately! All sounds pretty normal for so early after your surgery. The burning could be because you were walking without the cane a little too early and it's just a signal that Mz Sugarcane isn't going down without a fight lol. You'll have to let her down easy.
 
P.S. did anyone name their implant?

Is this hip a onesie or are you thinking of eventually getting a matched pair? That's very important in naming. :chinstroke:

Sorry to hear about your setback, but I'll bet you and Mz S. can talk this out and be living separate lives again in no time!
 
Yes I had the burning.
Kind of freaked me out...I had so much numbness and it was a searing pain in my thighs, especially when trying to walk.
It is documented in my thread add I was hollering for Josephine or anyone to tell me it was okay.
It was.
It dissipated over some time and I can't tell you exactly what it was, but it did go.
Ice, ice, ice and remember ...temporary.
You are going to be going through some strange sensations as that leg recovers.
We did have a bilateral that named her implants Thing 1 and Thing 2.:heehee:
Mine is so much a part of me now, I really haven't thought about it as being separate.
 
@Bone-obo I am really hoping this is a onsie!

Yeah, I guess it's because I was doing better than I thougt, that I am rushing things a bit. I will be patient and then this day will come when "I will forget the cane at home when I leave the house". :)
 
@Mojo333 I like how you deal with your implant as a part of you and hence no need to name it, I will think about this :D

And yeah, the burning, weird! And yeah all kinds of weird stuff happening, I guess I will just stop expecting and be open to whatever comes. As for ice, that's the only department where I get an A+: I ice like my life is depending on it! If you can sit, you can ice, that's my motto now, hehe.
Oh well, I still feel great! At the end of the day this recovery process is so chill, it gets a bit boring :D After my shoulder surgery 10 years ago and my hip arthroscopy last year, I was really busy actively taking care of myself. Now I need to just sit (and walk around every now and then) and wait.

Thank you everybody for yet again being kick butt at support and useful info
:thankyou:
 
Is boring and hard to be patient, but getting your life back is going to be the payoff.
I think you're doing splendidly.
If your recovery tracks anything like mine, the burning will go...pressing on quads were super sore...hypersensitivity as numbness disappeared...I could feel the sheets! Then these zings AND electric zaps just out of the blue:shrug:
All gone now...all feeling had come back as I thought I would have some permanent numbness but smooth rolling hips that don't feel like anything but my hips.:yahoo:
 
Last edited:
:friends:Is definitely a journey...but I did see "symptoms" change...as time went along.
Hope you are doing well...these are the hard days.
Healing hugs
 
So, I am two weeks post! Juhuuuu! Am off the tramadol and I walk better. I feel good and I can't wait to start PT. I have a session next week with a therapist I had a few sessions with prior to the surgery. She specializes in hip and pelvis and has several patients with implants so I am counting on her to lead me through recovery!
Is it weird I am excited about PT?
Anyway, yesterday I was walking around home without a cane and I feel fine. I will be taking Mz. Sugarcane with me when I leave the house, to have some extra support, so we don't need to say our goodbyes now. I now feel better knowing I COULD go without her :D

yeah, so that's it for me. The weather is getting nice in SF and I am dying from having to wear the stupid compression socks, other than that all is good!

cheers!
 
Congrats on two weeks! All sounds great. I'm sure you will quickly forget about Mz. Sugarcane
and drop her like a bad habit, lol.
I love San Francisco :yes: Enjoy the beautiful weather and have a great rest of the week!
@eve2
 
You sound like you are doing well @eve2. I was also very attached to my cane (s). Never named them. However, I still keep one in back of car, and my office, and my favorite hangs in my front closet-I give it a nod occasionally as I get a jacket out.

Being excited about pt sounds normal-getting back to doing regular things. Just don’t let them push you too much!
 
Is it weird I am excited about PT?
Not weird at all - I love PT! Suggestion: have a goal when you go in. PT's are very solution-oriented, and if you don't give them a specific problem to solve, they'll spin your wheels with generic cookie-cutter exercises - not that there's anything wrong with that! But in your case, you might have them help you get free of the divine Mz. S. - stair work, muscle weakness that's affecting your stride, that type of thing. And always tell them how you feel - good ones will ask anyway.
 
Being excited about pt sounds normal-getting back to doing regular things. Just don’t let them push you too much!

yeah I guess that's it!
Also I guess I will follow your steps and hang it by the door, lest I forget! How would I? :D
 
@Bone-obo my therapist is quite awesome. Also thank you for your advice, I guess I know exactly what I want: I am a believer in the bonesmart method, I just need someone to work with me to get all the muscles that have been idle for almost two years to wake up and also work on my gait, I have been limping for a very long time now, I forgot how walking "normally" looks like!
 

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom