THR Eve2 recovery, reporting from the other side

@Layla

Thank you :) I will be icing it for the rest of the day, only fair. I really just wanted to see I can get off the cane. But I guess I will be carrying it around for a while, that's if my PT approves.

I will report how tomorrow goes!
Also I really have no interest in visiting the ODIC once again, it's also really nice in the UDIC :D

:good-bad:
 
Strawberry Ice Cream
Malt Mix
A little Milk, or Half and Half
Marshmallow Creme
:happydance: Favorite malt in the whole wide world :happydance:

If you like shakes, you probably wouldn't like it. Could maybe try it without the Malt Mix

Great recovery medicine :heehee:
 
@Layla HAH!

I was trying it with fresh strawberries and vanilla ice cream, which I realize now doesn't make sense!
These ingredients sound lovely! I guess I like malts too! I will try this recipe!

Now I need to do another trip to the grocery store to get the ingredients!
hihi
:good-bad::angel:
 
Actually some fresh strawberries blended in sounds delish!!
I'm trying that addition next time. Thanks :wink:
 
SO!

I am back from my frist PT session and first thing my PT did is make me take Mz. S out of my backpack and walk with it :D she watched my walk without it and said my hip is still rotating too much on the right side, so I'd better stick to my cane for a while longer (aaaaaarrrrggghhhhh). But ok.

Other than that she gave me a few exersices that get the teeny tiny muscles moving, so that I go towards moving properly etc.
Most of it also focusing on engaging my abdominal muscles to get that core engaged.
I will be busy in the coming days doing those exercises. But all in all she was impressed with my general ROM and progress, so it's all good.

Other than that I feel great. I feel myself getting a bit antsy to get back to work like some people (@Bone-obo) did. I sat at my desk yesterday for like an hour editing some pics and it didn't feel great (sitting seems to be my biggest challenge currently), so I guess I will let this week pass and at 4 weeks post op just try again.
 
Don’t pushe return to wrk if you don’t have to @eve2. Sitting upright for the computer was challenging for me. I found at home short times on the pub chair at the table eased me into it, but regular office type chairs took a bit longer. You’ll be surprised at where you are in a few more weeks. Patience!
 
SO!

I am back from my frist PT session and first thing my PT did is make me take Mz. S out of my backpack and walk with it :D she watched my walk without it and said my hip is still rotating too much on the right side, so I'd better stick to my cane for a while longer (aaaaaarrrrggghhhhh). But ok.

Other than that she gave me a few exersices that get the teeny tiny muscles moving, so that I go towards moving properly etc.
Most of it also focusing on engaging my abdominal muscles to get that core engaged.
I will be busy in the coming days doing those exercises. But all in all she was impressed with my general ROM and progress, so it's all good.

Other than that I feel great. I feel myself getting a bit antsy to get back to work like some people (@Bone-obo) did. I sat at my desk yesterday for like an hour editing some pics and it didn't feel great (sitting seems to be my biggest challenge currently), so I guess I will let this week pass and at 4 weeks post op just try again.

Hey Chickie ~
Glad your therapist is making you keep sugar close : ) ~ none of us want to go thru that surgery again right? :unsure:
You and a mutual friend....dare I say....(hmmmmm @Bone-obo) are two peas in a pod :friends: better to chill, let your body heal properly and practice patience....something it appears NONE of us are good at : )

The minute I engage my abs....things get easier! Great to hear of your progress, geeeze, I feel like a "mom"...and I don't even have kids - so if I may....I'm going to adopt you on-line 'cause I adore you and @Bone-ono but I wait....I can't adopt him...he's older than me:old:....sorry Bone-obo ~ LOL!

Just feelin' your energy and know you're choppin at the bit....soooooo sending you lots and lots of healing vibes and big big hugs to you tonight ~
Cheers to healing properly ~ onward and upward:cheers:
 
Last edited:
Two weeks ago I left a post that I'd be on my walker for the foreseeable future, and the next day I started playing with the cane. A week ago I couldn't spend more than an hour sitting at a computer (uselessly because of brain cloud), showering and dressing just about wiped me out, and I couldn't walk 600 feet without dissolving into a limp, sweaty puddle. Last Friday I was a houseplant with a bad attitude, rooted to my couch. This week has been a huge surprise for me - Monday I was still trying to get someone else to take today's shoot for me!

You got this, Eve. You're healthy overall, you've got a good husband and good friends, and you're doing all the right things. Stuff happens fast around here - next week, who knows how either one of us will be doing? I'll bet you're in line for some serious healing, lady. At least, I hope so!
 
but in all seriousness, I am ok :) only slightly annoyed, but determined to do this right. I have no urgent work waiting for me and my hip story was so epic and long and it came in my life so much, I really want to take my time to finish this chapter once and for all (i.e. when it's time for a revision, hihi)

So thank you for your support and I will continue reporting from the couch, I am looking at you @Bone-obo.
Also I think I will use the time to practice my karaoke songs, hihi

UMMMMMMMMMMM
(that's me finding inner peace and patience)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Find your Inner Peace Eve!
We're all annoyed....patience is a virtue and I have none :skep:!
This is what I always search for and why I practice Yoga....my mantra today was heel to toe so I don't "limp" without "my sugar"...it works ~
sending you positive vibes for a smooth recovery moving forward~
 
Last edited:
Today's update:

i did my exercises. And now I am bored...

ummmmmmmmmm
 
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I am... Doing, most of the above (I love cats but I developed an allergy in the recent years, so yeah pretenting to have a cat is the most i can do, thank you for making me smile @Bone-obo)

and thank you @MammaT for caring :roseshwr:
 
Today's update:

i did my exercises. And now I am bored...

ummmmmmmmmm
We all know what that's like....arghhhhh - guess it's better to be "bored" than wearing the ODIC crown....treat yourself and relax tonight ~ you've been such a good patient this week ~ proud of you! :cheers:
TGIF! Hope you have a great evening~
j
 
Last edited:
I shall celebrate me being good this weekend, by hanging out in the park with my friends, wohooooo

A beautiful evening to you as well :cheers:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom