Hi there. Another gorgeous day of sunshine and warm temps here in upstate NY. We are having a bit of a drought, but I believe things always work out and I'm sure we will get some rain soon. Right now I'm just enjoying the clear, sunny weather!
My hip is feeling pretty good. My back still bothers me from time to time, but I try to do some stretches where I can within the limits of my hip restrictions and I think I can get it through till I get off the restrictions and can get more aggressive with the back.
I'm getting ready to go out for a walk on the sidewalk in front of my house . I'm still using my walker but I feel the strength coming back and I think I'll be able to ditch that soon and go to a cane. I'm even going to get into my Jeep and see how my leg works for driving. My surgeon has me on an "honor system" type thing--don't drive until you can easily and quickly move your leg from the gas pedal to the brake to do a sudden stop if necessary. I may just load in the dogs and go up and down my driveway for my first voyage, but one step closer to being able to drive for real. I won't start driving on the road until I really can do what is necessary to be safe.
I've been sleeping a lot--long nights and an afternoon nap too. I just go with what my body says it needs. I always feel better when I do that, rather than just push ahead despite my body saying it needs more rest. The body knows what it needs to get through this--we just need to listen and do it. Maybe that's why this recovery seems a little easier to me--I'm following my inner wisdom more than last time.
The insurance and home PT saga continues. Good thing I've been through this before and know what I need to do. The insurance people are stupid about it. My PT is so sick of trying to fight for just a couple more visits. She thinks I will be fine on my own soon, but she just wants a couple more visits--which will bring it to a grand total of 4. I can't believe an insurance company thinks that 4 visits after a total hip replacement is asking for a lot! I mostly need her to give me some more advice about what back stretches I can do without interfering with the hip. Her last visit was June 2nd. She told them that I saved them a ton of money by not going to rehab, so why are they balking on a few home visits????? Crazy!
The good stuff is that I'm doing well, my pets (dogs, cats, and horses) are doing well, the weather is great--life is good!!!!

Everyone have a great day!!!
Dorothy