Guest viewing is limited

THR Dorothy's 2nd hip recovery, June 22, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Cardie, The horse is out of the barn (so funny!! LOVE it!!)!

I'm still far from healed and have to be careful walking along with my cane, get tired easily, and all the usual recovery stuff ... but right now I'm sitting here relaxing eating fresh blueberries from the produce farm a couple miles down the road--Cathy in VT got me drooling about blueberries ... I'm not up to actually picking them yet (See, I do know my limits), but another local farmer supplies this produce farm with fresh blueberries and I just made a trip and bought "already picked" blueberries, some corn, tomatoes, and peaches. The corn and tomatoes are right from the farm, so they are locally grown--the season has just started in upstate NY.

I was able to surprise my sweet elderly neighbor who, along with her daughter, has been SO helpful to me with many things surrounding the hip surgeries/recoveries and my animals with a couple of pints of blueberries and couple of ears of corn. She no longer drives and her daughter is away for a couple of weeks so she is limited with her fresh produce supply. It feels so good to give back because it seems like all I've done for the past year or so is ask people for help over and over ... that gets very old and discouraging.

I also felt good because I was able to help a friend (another angel who has helped me a lot--she was at the hospital for my surgeries and stayed overnight to be nearby in case there were problems, and has also done other things to help me) yesterday by doing something I'm good at, but she is not--being persistent and talking, lol. My friend took in a stray cat about a month ago and she already has 4 cats and there were some serious male aggression issues with her male cats, particularly one who is old and chronically ill. The situation never improved and her poor older, chronically ill cat was getting beat up by the new guy.

My friend is rather shy and not good at being a "salesperson" and was desperate to find a new home for the new cat before her old cat literally died from the stress and not eating because of it. She had exhausted all friends and family and was down to rescues and shelters. I couldn't take the cat because I have a male that he would have probably beat up. Odd because he is such a nice cat in every other way. I offered to help her out with the situation and I spent about 2 hours on the phone pleading with numerous responsible no kill shelters and rescues trying to find "room at the inn" for the cat. I finally found one that agreed to take him. She raced home from work to take him there before some other kitty filled the spot. It's a nice shelter and the staff really loves animals. He's a gorgeous cat who has a certain charm about him. After meeting him, they don't think they will have a hard time adopting him and will take his dislike of male cats into account when placing him.

As an aside, I was shocked at how overburdened these places are with cats and kittens--so many groups wanted to help, but I was told a sad "no" repeatedly after pleading my best "PLEASE take this cat!!!". I talked with my friend this morning. She misses the cat because she did get attached to him, but she just couldn't keep him and put her old guy at risk. And, she certainly wasn't going to put the stray back out on the street. For me, making the calls and trying to "sell" the stray wasn't a big deal ... but my friend told me afterwards that she couldn't do that kind of thing like I can (she called me "nicely manipulative", lol) and was incredibly grateful to me for doing it. So, again--*finally* a way to repay another of my "hip surgery angels" for her help and kindness. It feels good to be able to do something for others rather than the other way around.

Really, I have been SO blessed with wonderful people to help and support me (including people here!) through these hip surgeries. Seems like all I had to do was to allow myself to let down my "independence guard" and let people know I wanted and needed help or support. They seemed to come out of the woodwork to help! Says a lot about the inherent kindness in people and that the human race is still a caring bunch even thought our lives get busy and crazy. I'm very grateful.

Now, if I feel strong enough ... my neighbor and I may go blueberry picking middle to end of next week. I can drive right to the entry to the field, I don't have to bend ... I won't pick a ton ... I bet I can do it! But, don't worry--if I am not feeling up to it, I won't do it. I won't risk messing up my nice new hip.

I went for my first longish walk today. Mike took both dogs for a walk and after he returned I took Lucy (who doesn't pull like Heidi does--even with a no-pull harness) for a walk that was the longest one yet. I probably walked about 3/4 of a mile, which is a long ways for me right now. I had to walk slowly with my cane and paid close attention to my gait, stopped to see a couple of neighbors, talked to Lucy and thanked her for being my walking buddy ... I had a really good walk! After my produce run, my only plan is to rest for a couple of hours, eat dinner, and take another short walk this evening just to limber up.

Yes, the horse is out of the barn and getting stronger!!! :-)

Dorothy
 
Dorothy

What a great post. "Paying it forward" really does feel good, doesn't it? Something we don't always think about in midst of our recovery. Your " nice manipulation" was a lovely pay forward and makes the universe a better one. No animal deserves to be abandoned or put down simply because their human was irresponsible. You and your friend get extra karma points for helping the stray. Good on ya! And I think your gift to your elderly neighbor was lovely. I bet she did as well.

You sound so upbeat and strong. I am glad for you. And I bet Lucy loved her time alone with you to walk and sniff and hear your cheerful chatter.

Enjoy the berry picking next week..sounds like you have a good plan and I am positive those berries will taste delicious, covered in the sauce of " I can. I did" ....success berries...

I hope your recovery continues to go well. Sure sounds like you have every reason and intention that it does.

Suki
 
Hi Dorothy,

I really enjoyed reading your post. I was rivited to the cat story. It surprised me that there were many shelters that do not take homeless cats and kittens. I was also surprised that there would be male aggression even with neutered cats (I suppose they are neutered). Anyways, I am glad the handsome fellow got a slot in the home and wish him a quick adoption.

That was wonderful that you were able to help out this friend and also your neighbor lady. Yes, human beings really are good at helping each other and yes, sometimes our pride and/or fear of "bothering"people gets in the way. I am glad you have a good community of kind people there to support you.

Thank you for your warning about not following what your OS/PT gave you. These exercises (leg lift and side raise) were powerful (and the most difficult of the series) and I knew they were good, so it was nice to hear what your experts over there said. I really had little PT in my situation: just the few days in the hospital when they taught me how to use my waker and get up and down correctly. So I love to hear what other people are doing.

You sound so good, Dorothy! How delicious those berries and other fresh produce must be! I will try not to be jealous as I have my own fresh goodies here like coconuts, papaya, mangoes, passion fruit and etc, but something so divine about those North American fruits!

Wishing you a more wonderful walks and delights of summer,

Elle
 
Hi Dorothy,
Just got done with some more visitors (wonderful time) so catching up on you. So i gave you the blueberry bug huh? Fom the sounds of it i am sure you can pick some of your own. Wonderful having all this fresh produce around - great time of the year! Though I wouldn't mind one of those fresh mangos that Elle has.

You must be a wonderful person to have all that great support from people. What goes around comes around and from your posting about feeling so good giving to people, I am sure you are receiving what you often ( in better health) give.

Good for you on the phone calls to the health insurance. Dang, what a racket. We pay such high premiums and then have to fight for the care we need. You go girl.

I am so glad you are coming along so well. Makes sense that some of the first time fears (tripping etc) are gone, though I did not think of it till you mentioned it. Truly sounds like you are well on your way, cathy
 
yes, I want some mangos from Elle too!! I use mangos to make a fruit smoothie and I absolutely love the flavor!!! I bet the fresh ones Elle has are WONDERFUL!!!! Trade you some blueberries for some mangoes :-)

I think I'm having a little set back. I honestly don't think I'm doing too much, but the hip flexor strain that the hospital created with their aggressive PT and my pre-existing back problems are rearing their ugly little heads. The more I walk ... the more I hurt in those areas. The hip joint itself is fine. I refuse to just sit back and let either one stop me from rehabbing my hip adequately and I do think walking is helping my hip get stronger, so I've decided to try some outpatient PT. I have an appointment scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.

I have a pretty good idea of what I'm looking for in a PT. I want someone who can primarily help me work with/around these problem areas and still get my hip worked as it should to get it strengthened. I know the back problem isn't going away ... the hip flexor strain doesn't seem like it's going to be a quick fix ... so I have to press on, but nurse those problems along best I can. I feel that stretching and flexibility are the keys to doing this. So, I'm hoping the PT will work with me about how I can work more stretching and flexibility exercises into my hip rehab program. I have no interest in working with a PT who just wants to just do general post-hip replacement exercises and work me to a pulp further ... and I'll let him know this when we meet tomorrow.

I also talked with the spine/pain clinic that treats my back and I'm going to be scheduled for more epidural spine injections (and I'll make sure they target the correct areas this time!) and I'm also going to try an SI joint injection on the right. In the past I've had a good response to the epidural injections, but I've never tried SI joint injections ... I know I have chronic SI joint problems on the right side. Maybe this will help--won't know till I try. The nurse practitioner I see discussed all this with me and she will have someone from their scheduling department phone me tomorrow to schedule. I hear they are booked through the end of August. Darn!

I still walked a couple of times today, but I just walked on the sidewalk in front of my house and made a couple of trips up and down the same area, so I would be close to my house if I had to stop. I did some stretches that I have come up with on my own every 100 feet or so and this seemed to help ... but I do think I need a good PT to help me further. Let's hope the guy I see tomorrow is good and has some ideas.

Kind of feeling down today ... I had been feeling a little worse as I started walking more ... but I was trying to ignore it and hope it just went away. I was so proud that I was walking more ... good for my hip, but bad for my surrounding problem areas. When I got out of bed this morning and had problems just standing up straight due to the groin pain, I knew I had to acknowledge it and address it before it got worse.

Dorothy
 
Hi Dorothy, those two steps forward seem so great until the one step back shows up, huh? I know what you mean. Last week I had great improvement, then over the weekend, more discomfort so I don't feel I'm getting anywhere.

Hang in there. I hope your back is better. You sound like you are very in touch with what you want from PT and will be able to be assertive about it and get what you need.

Nancy
 
Dorothy,

Oh, I am so sorry you are dealing with these two problems, with the back and hip flexors and sorry that they are raining on your wonderful hip parade. After such a big operation, we expect our recovery will show daily improvements, especially when we are so careful and dedicated. When it is not in that straight projectory, it is discouraging and disappointing.

The good thing is: you know exactly what you need (help with the hip flexors and back pain) and exactlly what you want from the PT, so there is going to be no messing around. You also are already on with the spine clinic (although I can't believe you have to wait that long...for flipping injections?!! It's not like you are asking for a spine tranplant!!! Jeeze!)

That is also good that you walked and experimented with some of your own stretches. You are a careful person and have an inate sense of your body, so you will find some things that feel good.

Great you are already on to the PT person tomorrow.

Too bad I can't teleport you any mangos, but I am sending brain waves to Heidi and Lucy to give you some extra doggy love from me!!!

By the way, are you icing the hip flexor? You might want to experiment with that and/or heat, for the feel-good factor.

Hugs,
Elle
 
So sorry Dorothy. It s so much easier to stay positive when things are moving forward. We use a lot of energy in recovery and much energy to stay up emotionally. It always amazed me how I could be feeling really pretty good emotionally, handling everything, then when something started hurting or I had one off those " one step back " times or my back would kick up, boom, I would get emotionally low so easily. It is not easy, so make sure you cut yourself some slack and do something nurturing for yourself. Sometimes you can't just plow through ( from experience haha) you have to slow it down to let the other aching body part stop acting up.

Keep the faith, like Elle said, you know what you need in a PT so be direct, it is your appt and your dime too. hope things resolve quickly, Cathy :console2:
 
Thanks for the support. I really appreciate it. I, too, find that my emotions go South when I have a set back with the physical stuff during this recovery. Hip replacement surgery and recovery never ceases to amaze me with the ups and downs and the toll it takes on the body, mind, and soul. I still consider it a miracle surgery and am so glad I've had it done. But, this is tough!

I feel kind of run over by a truck today--lots of body parts are sore. Gosh, I didn't think I doing too much??? But maybe I increased my activity too fast. We are having such great weather that it's so easy to go out for one more walk ... walk out to see the horses one more time ... do two loads of laundry rather than the one I planned to do that day. That sort of thing. It all adds up over the course of the day. Maybe I increased activity too much too soon????? I'm also not resting as much as I used to. I used to lie down on my bed and try to take a nap every afternoon. I haven't done that since about the 3 week mark.

I had my first hip replaced during January. Even though we had a mild winter, I wasn't able to do as much outside as I'm doing now. So, my playground wasn't as expansive, lol. I had a pretty hefty thread going about the last hip replacement that may give me some information about what activity I was doing during the first few weeks. I'll check that and see what I find.

I'm still looking forward to the PT visit today. I'll know if we click or not. I really would like to have someone to work through these issues with me as a partner. I did the rehab on the last hip mostly on my own, but my back didn't hurt like this and I didn't have severe hip flexor problems as I do now. I think I need extra help this time. Wish me luck that they assign me a good one.

Dorothy
 
Good luck at PT today. You are still early in recovery Dorothy and I get the larger playground due to the weather, but rest is still so important to heal. You have got to find a way to work it in, perhaps even reading a good book etc. ...and it is not always "something you did wrong" , sometimes it is just our body telling us we need to pause a bit and rest up for the next wonderful spurt of healing. Look forward to hearing about the PT, cathy
 
I had my first visit with the new outpatient PT. I like him. I told him about what was going on and he agreed with me that we need to come up with a plan that rests the areas that are over stressed and strained, but do other things to keep building strength. He called it "active rest." He said we have to get a handle on the hip flexor strain in particular because something about if this goes on long enough, the nerves become inflamed and then everything is even more difficult to quiet down and taking even longer--something like that ...

He gave me a list of three exercises different than what I've been doing that really did make my groin and back feel better when I did them in the office, at least temporarily until I was back in the car using my leg. I just did my second set and I do feel a little better, especially my low back. I can keep doing some of the same exercises I've already been doing, but with fewer repetitions and try to do them at a time when my body feels most limber.

As far as walking and "endurance" building type exercises, he advised me to limit that to just going out to care for my horses and another walk of a similar distance per day, unless I start feeling a lot better and then I can increase the distance a little bit--but just a little bit. As the problem areas improve, I can also start doing more walking, but right now, that's one of the things that is making things worse, so I need to back off.

This may sound weird, but I don't have a good barometer for what is enough ... and what is too much. I think it comes from years of pushing through pain because I had to in order to do things. So, I came right out and asked for specific guidance about where to draw the line. It's so simple when I think about it ... but apparently, I'm not good at it. He said when I do something (anything--whether it's riding/driving a car, walking, housework, etc) and then about 20 minutes later I should check in with myself and see how I feel. If the pain is worse, back is aching, hip is aching more ... then what I did was too much and I need to back off. Simple ... but I needed to hear it broken down that detailed.

Sometimes I think I even need to get permission to back off. Again, it probably sounds weird to people who aren't nuts, lol. I just get thinking that the harder I work at this, the better and faster the hip will progress. That's where the "people who aren't nuts [like me]" comes in. :-) I even found myself thinking--I can go for a little walk later ... and then I caught myself and said "STOP! You did your walking for the day--just do the second set of new exercises and call it a day." That's hard for me.

I meet with the PT Wednesday of next week. I'll be eager to see what he has in store for the next step in this process. He thought it might take a couple of months to get the hip functioning well and get the hip flexor strain quieted down. That's kind of depressing, but things are different this time and I'm dealing with the hip flexor strain and the back pain on that side that I didn't have to deal with before. So, it's up and down, up and down!

Dorothy
 
[Bonesmart.org] Dorothy's 2nd hip recovery, June 22, 2012 It's that old TIME & PATIENCE thing, Dorothy. Slow down, take your time, do less, have patience! So easy to say, so hard to do. And you know "the harder you work at this, the better and faster the hip will progress" is just wishful thinking. Knee people are the same, and they get the same results.

You're really doing very well just a little over a month post op. And it seems you've found a jewel of a PT guy. They can be mighty hard to come by. So follow his advice which is very good, and stop pushing things and all will be well.

Take care of yourself, we care.
[Bonesmart.org] Dorothy's 2nd hip recovery, June 22, 2012




 
Dorothy

You are just 6 months out from your first surgery and less than 5 weeks out since your second. You are caring for your horses, your dogs, your home, doing kind things for your elderly neighbor, placing an unwanted kitty, doing PT, dealing with back issues and generally just being an amazing example to many of us hippies. It sounds like you have a great PT, and that he is really listening to you. Now you need to listen to him, and your many friends on BS----take it easy on yourself.

I hope you are feeling better soon. You deserve to enjoy those shiny new hips!

Suki
 
Hey there Dorothy,

Suki really has a good summary of all the things that you have been doign and accomplishing (may I add driving all over the place!) and when you think about it, that it quite a lot.

One thing I realized is that we all have to get into a different mind set with THR. Most of us are used to idea that the more we put in, the more we get out. (This is the usual way thinsg work for anything in life!) We probably have also all read the articles that the "surgery is just the first step and your effort at PT is the real clincher for success." So there we are, totally sincere and with the best of intentions, many of us "bootstrappers" to quote VThereandnow; and ready to plow in, thinking things like "ok, one more set of 10...or 5 more minutes". Ah, here, "putting in the work" means knowing when to pull back. What a beautiful lesson! I feel like we are all practicing the advice an I Ching hexigram! And like most lessons, it is not easy.

Dorothy, you are one week behind me and even though we are all different, there are some similar threads. In this case, needing rest. You sound like a strong, independent, hard-working woman with many responsibilities. Let go a bit and nurture yourself more. Lucy will forgive you.

Sounds like the PT gods blessed you with a gem of a therapist! YAY!

Now take gentle care.

Hugs,
Elle
 
Dorothy, you do not sound weird to me at all, must mean I am just as weird haha. I am used to pulling myself up by the bootstraps, Rolling up my sleeves and plowing through things, like back pain, hip pain, just like you. It truly is difficult to listen, really listen to our bodies so the idea of checking in is a wise one. Smart of you to know your shortcoming in this area and ask for clear guidelines. Sounds like you are off to a good start with the new PT and the new slightly slowed down recovery of our friend Dorothy :)
 
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the reality check and encouragement.

What puzzles me is that I *know* about the need to go slow and all of that ... but it seems to go out the window when I want to do something and I find I can manage it; seems like I ignore the "check with your hip after 20 minutes ..." advice that the new PT gave me--heck--the hip is still there and I can still walk, so it's OK! --NOT!!! -- I give advice to others on here about "take it easy--the hip is in charge..." all the time. I must be in denial that that statement applies to me too! lol

I think a lot of my problems and current fragility are because I was in such bad shape by the time my hip arthritis was finally diagnosed, my body had just gone down the tubes ... now it's going to take a lot of very small steps to bring it back and it's not going to be as easy as someone who was less weakened and compromised before they had their surgeries and got repaired.

It is so strange to me that it doesn't take much to make the hp and back stuff worse. All I have to do is add one or two additional seemingly innocent and harmless activities to my day for a couple of days in a row and *boom* I'm set back. I have a feeling that this hip is going to be a long haul, which is so sad because it started out SO good. My first "out of bed and walk" after surgery went SO well; so much easier than the first hip. Then the hospital PT got ahold of me and it got worse very quickly.

I think I'm going to write a letter to the head physical therapist at the hospital and nicely explain to him where I'm coming from and what I would recommend changing, from the perspective of a patient who's been through this twice. I know it won't help me now, but it might help someone else after me. I already talked to the head nurse and told her my concerns about the PT program, but who knows what she actually told him. He was a nice person and I believe he meant well ... just may need to tweak their program and maybe some information from me might help.

Dorothy
 
Well, some good news--I was able to get into a cancellation appointment for my back injections and I'm on the schedule for August 3rd! Otherwise, I would have had to wait until September 17--that's how booked they are. I hope this helps my back. Then I'll just have the hip flexor problem to worry about and that should help a lot.

I also called my surgeon's office because I'm still taking oxycodone and almost out of the last batch they prescribed for me. I've been on quite a bit of it ever since my surgery. For a brief period of time, I was able to cut back to just 2 or 3 times per day, but that didn't last long ... it just wasn't covering my pain well enough. I would like to not take any more oxycodone than necessary, so I thought I'd start adding some ibuprofen while trying to back off on the oxycodone because ibuprofen has always been very effective for me and that's what I did last hip, but I wanted to get their OK first. Turns out they don't want me taking ibuprofen on a regular basis at this time, but they are fine with my continuing to take oxycodone, which surprised me because I know this surgeon isn't big on narcotic pain medications for any longer than absolutely necessary. But I know he is also a reasonable guy, so nothing is chiseled in stone. He's told me "no one plan works for every patient" a number of times when I've discussed other things with him, so I know he's pretty flexible.

I've been taking Percocet (prescribed by the spine clinic) off and on for a year, but it's been sporadic and I've never taken it regularly or this quantity for this length of time ... but if my surgeon (who is conservative in this area) is OK with my continuing ... I'll trust that it will be OK. I keep reminding myself that I'm taking it for pain ... not for fun, so "fun" type of addiction shouldn't be a problem. General physical dependence may be a problem down the line ... but I discussed that concern with the spine clinic when they first prescribed the Percocet (combo of oxycodone and Tylenol) for me, and they said that they have drugs that help with any withdrawl symptoms, should they occur ... and then they would switch me to something else for pain. I think they thought I was worrying more than I needed to. Still makes me nervous, but with all the stuff going on I still need some heavy duty pain medication and I'll just have to trust that everything will work out.

Mike took the dogs on a field trip hiking for the day--to a state park/forest area that has a lot of trails. They will have fun and will probably be gone most of the day. And, then they will probably stop at a McDonalds or Wendy's for a burger on the way home--they love fast food burgers! It's weird here without them. They are very "in your face" type of dogs ... so it's much quieter, for sure. Never a dull moment with them around.

Dorothy
 
Dorothy,
Interesting that they'd want you to stay on the oxy. My OS won't let me drive at all unless I am completely off the narcotics. Don't worry too much about getting hooked. Better to keep the pain in check than tough it out and be miserable.

Here are no extra points for martyrdom.

I too miss my dog when she is not around. It was funny last week my hubby had to go to a conference and the neighbor volunteered to walk Penny for me. She was only gone an hour each morning but it felt strange to be here in the house without her by my side. Dogs are a woman's best friend.

Give them scratches when they get home and take care,
Nancy
 
Hey there Dorothy,
You are not going to get addicted to those drugs and pain management is your first priority (you know how Josephine, our dear Medical Goddess, would jump up and down about this). Yes, yes, trust your OS for wanting you to stay on these!!
That is SO GOOD that you got the injection preponed to August 3! YAY!
It's always easier to give advice than to follow it! But you do,my dear, need to take it easy and not aggrevate things.
You are so right when you said that you body has become weakened from the OA. That took some time to do, so it will take time to undo. (I am in the same boat with you here, so I see the long, slow road ahead of me as well!)
Slow, stready and onward!
Hugs,
Elle
P.S. I am ignoring the fact that Lucy and Heidi are junk food addicts (much more worrisome than you and the drugs!)...ACK! Next you're going to tell me the horses eat Krispey Cremes!
 
Elle, you make me laugh!!! Yes, I admit it--my dogs are junk food addicts, just like most American kids are. :) Seriously, they are allowed very little people food and eat a higher quality dog food than my own food, and Lucy's favorite treat is carrots (she will practically do back flips for a carrot). I hope the horses don't read this--they will break out of the fence in search of Krispey Cremes!!! :)

Nancy, about driving and the oxycodone. Since I don't have to be anywhere at any particular time, except my new weekly physical therapy appointment, I'm able to plan my meds around any driving I do (or plan my drives around my meds). For example, the day of my physical therapy appointment I took my med at 6:00 AM and didn't take another dose until I returned from PT at 4:30 PM. I was pretty sore, but I know it's important to be careful. If I go to the post office, the store down the road, or anywhere else, I wait until many hours have passed since my last dose.

I'm trying to move on after my set back--even if it's just in my head. So on a happier and more positive note, I day dreamed a lot about all the things I will be able to do after I'm healed and strong again. I spent a lot of time yesterday researching protective gear I can wear while riding my horse that will help prevent a hip injury if I do take a fall. There is very little equestrian-specific safety gear (I guess we equestrians like to live dangerously!), but I did find a LOT of protective clothing for other sports that can be used for horseback riding. Even though my primary riding horse, Babe, is usually a good girl and I will be very cautious when I resume riding, horses aren't perfect, riders are not perfect. Even the most well behaved horse can spook at the unexpected "demon" that surprises them on the trail, toss in a buck when they are feeling fresh, stumble big and cause a rider to fall ... there are no guarantees. But riding is such an important part of my life and something that makes me, "me".

After looking at a bunch of shorts/underwear with padding in the hip and surrounding areas and discussing options in detail with several different company representatives, I settled on this pair of shorts and ordered a pair. They come highly recommended for protection and comfort. I'm hoping they arrive in time to take them to my surgeon follow up appointment 8/6 so I can get his feedback. They are a little weird looking, but I was assured that they are quite flexible and comfortable. I'll wear some type of pants over top of them. I may also get a padded vest for my back and upper body (about the only safety clothing item on the market geared specifically towards equestrians) ... I'll probably end up looking like the Michelin (sp??) Man! I also always wear a riding helmet too. Here's a link to the shorts. The main picture is the front. You can click on that for other views of the sides and back.

https://www.xsportsprotective.com/cp2600.html

And more good news--I checked my weight yesterday and I've lost another 10 pounds since my surgery! I'm not doing anything radical and eating a well balanced diet (got to keep that healing going full speed ahead!), but with the boost in my metabolism post op and just being more aware of what and how much I'm eating, I've dropped some weight!! I do have a lot more to go--I piled on the pounds after this whole hip arthritis nightmare started--but I feel really good about my weight loss so far and am determined to continue. I want to treat these new hips right and they don't need to haul around alot of extra "me." I don't think I'll ever be able to get to a "thin" state, but I can get to a much healthier weight that will really help me in many areas of my life.

Dorothy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom