Don't be like me and wait too long!

9 hours sleeping like a log!?! Hallelujah! A day of enjoyable exercise? Double hallelujah! Your upcoming camping trip? Some girls really know how to live :)

So happy for you!

How wonderful that you got good sleep. A gift from the gods. Your camping trip sounds awesome.

Here's to good sleep, but you are really making everyone jealous--9 hours?!! REALLY? But isn't it nice to get a good night's sleep followed by a reasonably comfortable and active day. Such a gift you got, @mainegirl1!

Hey there @mainegirl1
It's fantastic how active you're able to be. No grass growing under your feet.
Your days sound full and fun filled and your vacay sounds like something to look forward to.
Hope you sleep well again tonight. Nine hours like a log....remarkable!
A great Wednesday to you!

Today when I got up it felt like it gave out Went to exercise class and the pain was back in spades. I don't get it the weather is nice and warm. And all the handicap spaces close to class were filled.. Had to walk about a quarter of a mile.. Trouble with Silver Sneakers is lots of people have handicap tags.

So sorry you are having another bad day. I am impressed with you going to the class. Sometimes there just not seem to be enough handicap spots, thank goodness for my cane.

Ugh, @mainegirl1, so hard to exercise when you are hurting, I can relate. I hope you took it easy in your exercise course. When I go to my Pilates class, some days are better than others--I never attempt to do exercises which simply exacerbate the pain. I just skip those and either do something else or flop forward into the "child's pose" and wait until an exercise that I can manage. But, keep on going to class as long as you can, you will, I believe, manage better post surgery if you've managed to keep up with some activity right up until surgery. It might not be pretty exercise, but keep on moving! Hope you feel better shortly.

You could honestly give you and your hip a break from stress, if you would.
You can work on things when you have a good hip to work with.
Exercise just got where all it did was aggravate my body and my psyche.
I worked on upper body with light weights at home with heating pad on my lower back...

The trouble is I am at risk with not exercising.. Heart risk.. If the heart quits again I am done so I try to keep it going.. The hip pain is quirky.. I can back off one day and the next walk a 4 mph half mile. When you are elderly there is so much that needs to be worked on.. Not to mention that if I don't move my replaced knee it seizes and aches too ( probably from the hip) . Sometimes I sleep tense and I think I did last night.. I am not taking any meds for pain. After chemo I was advised to alternate aceptminophen and ibuprofen for pain but it just took the edge off. I am not ready for Tramadol.

My upper body is doing OK.. sit in a chair and do 45 reps with a 5 lb weight in each hand 3 sets.. Also push ups on a computer chair so I am more efficient at that post surgery.( work out triceps)

I am kind of bummed out about not being able to move side to side.. I love the crab walk but my ad and abduction is just about nil.. Not good for upcoming gyn onco visit either.

I am sorry, didn't know you were also trying to take care of your ticker!:unsure:
Not too much longer, friend.:friends:

I still have one question re driving and riding.. I don't think I will have any restrictions BUT.. Is there a wedge pillow that folks have found works in a car? I have yep bucket seats and stick shift. I am totally confused on Amazon.. I don't trust a product when the grammar is so off..:chinstroke:

Five days of stabbing pain
plus belly pain and bloating
I have to see my oncologist
Hip may have to wait. Belly discomfort is a sign the cancer is back
Im down Kids havent called in months. They know about the situation but I think they are tired of me being sick
I am tired of it all and alone Hubby cant comfort me. When he doesnt know what to do or say he says and does nothing
The silence roars

Oh @mainegirl1
I don't like to hear this.
Five days of stabbing pain
plus belly pain and bloating
I have to see my oncologist
Hip may have to wait. Belly discomfort is a sign the cancer is back
I'll be praying :prayer: it is just some other issue with your gut...try not to go to the worst case scenario (I know that is easy for me to say):unsure:

Our children do get busy with their lives..:sigh:
I'm sorry you are so anxious and feel you have noone to vent to...:sorry:
We all are rooting for you so please don't feel totally alone.

Hope your appointment with cancer doc is VERY soon.
Hugs and good Mojo coming your way:console2:

Oh, @mainegirl1, you do sound very down in the dumps--I am so sorry! It must feel like "pile on" in terms of your life at the moment, and frustrating that kids and husband seem withdrawn and not supportive. I hope, as mojo says, that the kids are simply busy and distracted by their own lives. But your husband, can you try to approach him and say that you are feeling anxious and scared and could really use his support now? Certainly you wish he'd approach you first and be more open, but I wouldn't worry about that--you need help, so ask for it. I hope you're able to quickly schedule an appointment with your oncologist and that the appointment is helpful. I certainly can't predict the outcome, but I am hoping that the news isn't bad and you can still move forward with the hip replacement which, although you've done pretty darn well so far, is still something that needs to get done. Thinking of you today, with fingers and toes crossed for better news ahead!

He is supportive but tends to sympathize once then never talk about it again
He assumes I know
He wears hearing aids but only comprehends 30 percent of what is said. So he tends not to react but rather walk off
I have to remember he was brought up on a house where you did not talk and for years lived in silence
For him silence is normal
my kids are five hours away and with their several jobs and work. work. ( they all have multiple jobs) family falls by the wayside
I have no other family

I am sorry--that does sound rough, especially hard now when you could use some support and sympathy. I hope Bonesmart posters afford you some comfort, but it would, I'm sure, be so much better to have "live" and in-person support. Do you have friends nearby, or connections through church perhaps or other social outlets? I would encourage you to reach out to others, even if they aren't family--sometimes friends can offer more satisfying support than distracted, busy children or silent partners.

one reason Facebook is sometimes useful
Neighbors tend not to want to drop by uninvited
My closest friend has guests all summer and will be exhausted anyway. We all live in a lakeside community
I do try to go to Silver Sneakers class
and have a new neighbor who is a pleasure
I have to stop thinking inwardly

I'm so very sorry to read what you've posted above.
I certainly hope you can get into your doctor soon and receive the reassurance that your dealing with something far less threatening than what you're imagining. :praying:

Possibly, since your kids love you dearly, it is difficult for them to be around you when you're ill, or in a weakened state because it's upsetting to them. I wouldn't condone dealing with the situation that way and fully understand you need them now, but maybe that's their way of coping?

You may need to tell hubs exactly how you're feeling about his silence. Thankfully you have a fitness program to partake in, possibly there are some women there that you can connect with on a more personal level, sharing coffee and dessert somewhere after a class. Or invite the new neighbor you find a pleasure over for coffee and conversation. Don't forget about us too. We're here for you and we care. Truly.
Hugs and prayers for your comfort, peace of mind, strength and healing. :prayer:
@mainegirl1

Last edited:
@mainegirl1. I feel for you so much. I have a son that doesn't call. I find out how his family is doing through my other son. Breaks my heart he doesn't call. My daughter here only calls when she needs something. I relay on my friends and sister-in-law. My late husband was the same way, silent. I was also and I regret it now. Just a hug, rub of the back, squeeze of a hand. If you can show him what you need made he can show you the concern he does have for you. I am working on showing my love better now. I give you a hug, a rub on the back along with a squeeze of your hand.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom