Guest viewing is limited

THR Damn glad that's over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tammy,

Hope you're feeling well after your day out yesterday. You don't have too many more of those before you officially have to go back yet, do you?

Don't you get to start weightbearing this coming week? Once you start, are you going to hold off on PT for a minute so you don't have too many things going on all at once? Not sure if it's an option for you or not... If PT does come I'm sure you'll have your crutch posed for the double whack that Beth proposes! Just say no to straight leg raises!!!

Hope you're able to sit in the sunshine to recharge today with your doggy pillows :SUNsmile:
 
Wow, sounds like you had a rather long day for someone who should be "taking it easy"!! :shrug: What is the point of being off work if you keep having to go run meetings and such??

Like you, the energy drain still sneaks up on me. It's not so bad if I am with other people or doing something away from home; but when I'm here, one minute everything can be fine and the next minute I just HAVE to go lay down. The other day at the shop it hit me too, but it was more of a gradual thing.....or maybe I was just too distracted to pay attention to it. Of course, if I could go to sleep and STAY asleep at night, it would help. It takes me an hour or two to fall asleep, and then I almost always wake up about an hour later and then can't get back to sleep for ages. BUT, one thing never fails, when hubby's alarm goes off at 6:20am, I am usually dead asleep and get my best sleep from then until around 10am......unfortunately, I can't usually stay in bed that late because of appointments or whatever. I'm trying to get things worked to where I go to bed earlier and get up earlier, but it never seems to work that way!
 
Hi All! Happy Friday!

Going in to work is actually my idea. Right now I am doing 6 hour days primarily right at my desk. I am at that point in my recovery where I might do something stupid if I continue to stay home and not engage my brain in something stimulating. I don't feel so crappy that all I want to do is lay around and take pain meds, but I am not up to satisfying my OCD tendencies in housework and organizing. So, short days at work are necessary for my physical and mental health.

Today, I taught a calculus lesson. However, we have these nifty little machines called Elmos. They are kind of like overhead projectors, but way more saavy. So, I got to teach 25 teenagers limits and functions all while sitting down. The teacher was not in today. His 24 year old son was tragically killed in a car accident last night. He teaches pre-calculus and Advanced Placement calculus. I didn't want him to worry about his AP kids falling behind. Since I used to be a math teacher, I enjoyed this little blast from the past.

No PT for me until December 7th. I get to start 50% weightbearing in about 1 week. Can I get an "Amen?"

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Tammy
 
That is great Tammy, you can tell that the day charged you up. So, I will not give you the R&R lecture, as you did what was right for you. I feel very bad for the other teacher and cannot even imagine what he is going through.
I will be jealous when in a couple of weeks, you will be full weight bearing
 
It is awful. I can not imagine anything worse than losing a child. Unfortunately, he is not alone in this. Another co-worker lost her 25 year old son 2 weeks ago due to an anerysum (sp?) in his brain. She has been an inspiration to me as she had a bilateral THR over the summer. I was unable to get to his funeral to support her, but I did manage to send her a letter and card.

Beth, I really miss being a teacher. I loved watching the light bulbs go on. I try to teach at least one class a week, preferably in a math class. At my school, the math courses vary from remedial to college level. Something for everyone. I can teach pretty much anything in all of our Reading and English classes and can fake my way through Chemistry and Physics. OTOH, forget the foreign languages, Biology, Anatomy, Social Studies, etc. Although I am getting better at social studies. I started teaching the classes once a week when our district introduced a new evaluation/observation system for our teachers. To take the fear out of it, I offered to let the teachers "evaluate and observe" me with the form before I came in to formally observe them. This snowballed in to my having to branch out in to the other content areas. However, it worked out so well, that all of the administrators are now doing this. It has built a great deal of cohesiveness at our school. Another added benefit is that it diminished the "us" and "them" feel.

Tammy
 
Tammy, you are a leader.To lead you must be willing to do the same you expect from others. I have dabbled in teaching and have worked with at-risk youths and now transitioning Veterans into the civilian workforce, I love the opportunity to train thegroups or work 1:1, always make sure my staff does not have all the fun,it also reminds me of why I do what I do,if you only do the administration side you can lose focus . Nothings beats the feeling when you know they it got
 
Alright everyone, look very carefully at Bandit's photo. I had to laugh and ask my daughters how old they were tonight. Our 24 and 29 year old daughters (biological and adopted) were getting ready to go out together and were "getting ready" (ie: hair, clothes, make up) and Bandit kept getting into their cosmetic bags. These ADULT women MADE UP THE DOG!!!!!

Bandit is sporting a beautiful green eyebrow pencil and a lovely peach shade of blush on his face. He soaked up the attention and sat there and let them do whatever they wanted to him.

Enjoy!
Tammy
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Damn glad that's over!
    Bandit with Make Up.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 139
That's just wrong..... my shepherd would have done the same thing just for the attention.
 
He is lucky they didn't paint his nails AGAIN.
 
Tammy,

That is so sad about your staff members' families. They are so fortunate to have you as part of the leadership team as I'm sure everyone rallied to help where they could. They really did mess up not selecting you as principal. You have great passion and compassion for teaching and your staff. It was wonderful to hear that the other admins took a page from your book to be better examples for the staff.

It''s funny that you also teach math. I loved math and science in high school and started out as a chemistry/math major at college before I ran down the computer road when I had to delay finishing school. Don't think I'd be able to teach it after all of these years
 
Tammy, you are amazing. After the worry and extra pain you've had this past week or so, to go back to work and do all that you do---dropping in to teach a calculus class off the cuff just floor me:bow:

What a great example you're setting for those kids at your school, with your courage, determination, sense of humor, down to earth grittiness:snork:. I'm sure they will look up to you and remember you all their lives---"and there she came in her golf cart with her crutches in one hand, taking the corners on two wheels...."

I will nominate you for Grand Hoo-Ha of the BoneSmart (international) Warriors. Do I hear a second?
 
Aw Sissy, you are making me blush :blush:. Believe it or not it is harder to teach a remedial basic Algebra class than it is to teach Calculus (any level). I think the reason is that the students in a Calc class are better able to think in the abstract and have a great grasp on complex problems. Remedial students have not acquired that skill set YET. Therefore, it is a bit more challenging to assist them in bridging the gap between concrete and abstract. Teaching each group has its own rewards and challenging.

Warrior Chiefs are only as good as those who serve with them. You ladies all deserve the nomination for Grand Hoo-Ha!
 
:loll:I would definitely need to be IN the remedial class.
 
Another remedial student here! Get beyond multiplication and division and I panic! LOL I passed HS algebra and HS geometry with D's! Good thing I dropped out of college 1st semester to get married!
 
Grand Hoo-Ha, got any plans for the day? Maybe supervising a bath for glamour boy, Bandit? :puppysmooze:
 
Today was a nice down day for me. I waited up until midnight last night so that I could get (from Amazon) the 4th book in the Project Eden series written by Brett Battles. Then, I stayed up all night and finished the book about lunchtime. It was excellent. I highly recommend this series. The 5th installment doesn't come out until Spring 2013....so I will have to continue to wonder what happens next.

A short nap, some puppy lovin, some catching up on my BS warriors and then an early dinner at a new steak place. Delish! Got home and put on the jammies already. Not really ready to go to bed, so want to be comfie and cozy. We are planning on another trip to the dog park tomorrow as the weather promises to be absolutely beautiful. I will then supervise the assembly line it takes to bath all 3 dogs.

How about the rest of you? Big plans for the rest of the weekend?

Tammy
 
Happy your doing well. I just cleaned the kitchen im doing house work until my surgery. My is studying for finals all this week coming up. She is in a radiology program and its brutal. Tomorrow I'm going to catch up on our tv shows with her
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom