Guest viewing is limited

THR Damn glad that's over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on the "short" work day! If you're like me, the stress relief associated with actually accomplishing something on the job is worth any small aches and pains that might go along for the ride.
 
One down, one to go! Sounds like a plan. While I am not the great photographer that sissy46 is, I have attached a picture of my fur-babies. Hope you enjoy a look!

A great evening and a peaceful night's sleep to one and all.

Tammy
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Damn glad that's over!
    Fur-babies.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 164
Love it Tammy! Take a look at my pic too! We've got 100 lbs of dog: a 40, 35, and 25 pounder...and they are NOT pleased with the temporary ban on jumping up in my lap!
 
Aww! They look so sweet. Which one did you use instead of a wedge pillow to keep you from turning on your side in bed? Not the big one?
 
Anyone who knows me, knows how much I want a puppy.... and you have 3 all different size dogs... more photos please :)

Another milestone, getting back to work - well done! How did you find the energy drain? Do you have the facility to keep ice packs at work.. and maybe even heat packs. Even at 12 months post, I sometimes pull out the heat pack..
 
The medium one is my abduction wedge. That's the french bulldog, Bandit. The big one, the boxer Lily, is the one I use to elevate my legs :)

Poppet, I wouldn't say that I am "back to work" just yet. I just had a change of locations in which to answer all work-related emails. I am going to go in again this afternoon for Conference Night. Then maybe a few hours tomorrow as well. I have a small fridge/freezer in my office, so I have a very handy supply of ice packs. The energy drain is alive and kicking. I take about a 2 hour nap just as soon as I get home.

Didn't win the Powerball, so I guess I will keep my job.

Tammy
 
Tammy, your fur babies are picture perect, and I love how they posed for you. How's your pain level today on your thigh? Boy do I know what you mean by the energy drain, you think your fine and then you go to do something and wow, you are out for the count.
 
Hi Tammy, I'm sorry to hear your "ordeal" is such an ordeal. It's hard to imagine someone being in more discomfort. It will get better, just don't loose faith. I haven't any intelligent words of wisdom as all the knowlegeable people have posted the important things that matter. If I could say anything, it's "take it easy", get plenty of rest. I told my wife the pt said I should have bed rest and be waited on hand and foot. Well, the pt correct me and said "no way, she (the pt) only tells her female paitents no cooking and no cleaning for 12 months". Oh well, guess that plan got shot down. I asked another pt how I get one of those handicap tags so I could get priority parking near the front of the store. She told me if I want to park near the front, get there at 1am, otherwise, park at the back, move those legs and get some exercise. Another well thought out plan that came back to bite me somewhere. For me, it's been 16 days, stiches out, on a cane without pain.
Good luck.
 
limpingaround :rotfl: We have the BoneSmart (international) Warriors, and then we have the guys who will try to milk this for all it's worth.
:rofsign:Nice try, Limpin'!
 
Tammy,


Love how all the pups posed for you! I can just see them protecting you when the nurse was there. Has she been back? I can just imagine them giving her the doggie stink-eye if she came back! :heehee:

Hope you are feeling well and are getting a bit more shut-eye. :sleep:

Oh, yeah, sorry 'bout the lottery... Ah a girl's allowed to dream!
 
Tammy, sorry, I won't be flying to Florida to share your sunshine.....I didn't win either. :( Oh well, there's another drawing another day! Your furbabies are cute, but I'm glad they are yours. I seem to be a minority that does not enjoy pets. I loved them as a kid, and even as a young adult.....but now I'm glad not to have the added responsibility and work training them!

How are you feeling today? Better, I hope!!!
 
limpingaround, come over to the dark side! You will love hanging out with the BS Warriors. We plan on taking our show on the road internationally. Just ask Poppet. sissy46, the little one belongs to one of my daughters. It was a high school graduation gift for her. She snuggles with her. Those chow hounds love to pose as long as I say the magic word "treat."

Went into school today and stayed for Conference Night. So all in all it was a 6 hour day. Got up this morning and took a shower, then had a little rest. Then, I dried my hair and took a nap. This getting ready stuff is pretty tiring. Went into the office about 12:15 and got picked up at 6:20. I ran a couple of meetings during the afternoon, and then held a number of parent conferences.

I did realize as I was crutching my way out to the truck that I need to get up and move more frequently. My hip flexor is feeling pretty tight after a day of just sitting around. Anyone know of any stretches or exercises I could do to fix this? The deep thigh pain seems to be a thing of the past. Yippee!!! I guess PT was the cause of this. The outer thigh, burning pain is still alive and making itself known. If this pain would just disappear I would be feeling like a million bucks.

The energy drain we have all read about is horrible. I'm good for awhile and then BAM! Gotta take a nap, like now. A short, 30-60 minute nap seems to recharge the batteries pretty well.

Hope everyone is having a great evening.

Tammy
 
My evening is going well, Tammy. The shower was most excellent! I should sleep like a baby tonight.

I definitely agree about the energy drain. It's hard to understand until you experience it.

Take care!
 
I've got to be the exception to the rule... Only during the first week or two (part at hosp and part at home) did I hit the 'gotta take a nap' feeling. Probably for about a week now I've gotten up and stayed up all day. Now I'm not doing much except to and from the bathroom or kitchen and we have taken a couple of journies out and about. Some might have to do with the lower dose of pain meds at a steady pace or the fact that I've gotten pretty sound sleep in 4 hour chunks at night ever since I've been home. I hope I didn't just jinx myself. The PT and nurse both said I may have turned the proverbial corner since everything has gone fairly smooth since I've been home. I'm not going to take it for granted... I'm sure as I become more active it could easily swing the other way. :shrug:
 
dede62 It might also have to do with your not "overdoing" like some of us have had a tendency to do. Smart girl.

For me, sometimes, there seems to be no logic to it. I didn't do much on Wednesday, and woke up aching and limping yesterday morning. Took ibuprofen once, early yesterday. Went to the Y and worked out in the afternoon with no problem or ill effects, and went out to dinner last night. This morning, I'd poured my coffee before I considered how my hip felt (pretty good!)
 
Tammy, Yay... the thigh pain is gone, you know you really got to question the brain cells in use by PT sometimes, they should have been evaluting you and realize they were causing you harm. I believe they deserve a double crutch whack.

As far as the energy drain, I'm with you Tammy, now like dede62, I do not takes naps during the day, but that is only because unless I am at deaths door, I do not do well with naps. Refused to take them as a child to, drove nursery school teachers crazy, but at the same time, I will feel exahusted, once I go out or early evening comes around, then I will fall asleep for the night
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom