Guest viewing is limited

THR Damn glad that's over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grand HoHah, sounds like a comfy day We had snow flurries all day here,but tommorrow will be beautiful here to with temps in the 60's. That's weather in New England. Tommorrow will be adown day, and enjoy the weather sitting outside reading. I was at my mother-in-law's today
 
Sounds like you had an enjoyable day, and have plans for tomorrow that are right up your alley!

Not much going on here, it's deer season, so I'm a "hunting widow" for a few days. If hubby isn't working, he'll be out hunting. He did get a buck this afternoon, so now is out hanging it in the garage. Tomorrow we'll go to early Mass, then he'll vanish until it gets dark or he gets a doe, whichever comes first! Everyone I know is busy with one thing or another, so I'm on my own at home alone as usual. I did manage to get one eBay listing up today, and really should do a few more as soon as I can get the pics done. If I don't get motivated enough for that, I should at least move the family photos off the hutch so I can display some of my nativity scenes.....either way, I can be productive and still take it easy at the same time!
 
Been a long time Suz since I had some good venison. Have a bit of stew for me.

Had a pretty quiet weekend over all. Had a lazy day yesterday with not a lot going on. Got up today and went grocery shopping with one of the daughters. Then this afternoon took the whole famn damily to the Dog Park. Took in some sun and some fresh air. Came home and supervised the bathing of the dogs ritual and made sure to keep my crutches across my lap as last week one of them managed to tear through the house and jump up in my lap soaking wet.

Took a shower and laid out my clothes for work tomorrow. If nothing else, I am going to get a lot of mileage out of my yoga pants. Got them in a variety of colors....my school colors are very patriotic, red, white and blue. So, for now, my work uniform is yoga pants (black when I want to dress up :) ) and a school shirt. It is a nice break from wearing a suit and heels every day.

Now I am sitting back in the recliner with Bandit laying on the foot rest, and catching up with my girls (and guys) on BS. Waiting until 9:00 pm until The Walking Dead comes on. Can't wait.

Quick update: Deep inner thigh pain is gone. I guess knocking off the PT was an excellent order from the doc. Outside burning thigh pain still alive and well. However, I believe it is starting to diminish a bit as I can now lay the blanket on it and it not want to make me scream. Now it burns constantly, but only really hurts if I manage to touch it or one of the dogs leans against it. Progress!!! Being non-wb still sucks the big one. But boy do my arm muscles look fabulous!

No real milestones to speak of so far. Well, wait, maybe one...I didn't take a nap today! So, tonight should be a great night for sleeping.

Going to shoot for 7 hour days at work this week, with the understanding that I don't have anything to prove to anyone, and that it is perfectly alright to go home whenever I need too. A bitter pill for me to swallow, but hey, what can I say, I've learned a thing or two from all of you.

Hope all is well with my BS posse!

Tammy
 
That all sounds good, especially the deep inner thigh pain being gone and the outside thigh pain getting less.
I wondered what you were wearing to work---the kids would have gotten a bang out of your boxer shorts:rotfl:
 
My wife has two pairs of drawstring pants that I particularly enjoy. One is navy blue resplendent with bright red lobsters ("lobster pants"). The other is green with rodeo scenes ("rodeo pants"). If she were ever to have a THR, I imagine she'd wear those a lot.
 
sissy46, let me guarantee you that there's not a single thing in my wife's wardrobe that I can fit into. (She is not quite 5 feet tall and weighs about 85 pounds.) If I were to try on the rodeo pants, I'd have to put on the clown makeup to go along with the split seams ...
 
Tammy, that was one of the things I liked best about getting rid of the dressing.....I HATE wearing sweats! Even though I don't dress up like you normally do, I like to wear nice jeans or slacks and tops.
 
Tammy, sounds like you had an enjoyable weekend. Nothing like the clean smell of dogs! Junior was so funny- the words stinky or bath sent him cowering to the opposite end of the house. You would think I was making him walk the plank trying to get him in the tub. He was a really good bath taker though. He would even stand up in the corner so I could rinse his belly. He was so excited when it was all done! :puppysmooze:

I'm sure you'll have an awesome day tomorrow. Having that deep ache gone must be so much relief. So glad the side pain is also less intense. I'm glad to see your days are getting better. Try not to use too many warrior skills on the kids - unless they really deserve it! :wink: I could probably pull off some half days about now, but my director would string me up by my thumbs!
 
MaxBuck :giggle: so you just enjoy them on her---I get it. I was just picturing you in those resplendent lobster pants, but they probably do look cuter on your petite spouse.
 
I can just see MaxBuck in his wife's lobster pants!:heehee: Nice visual! Had a good laugh over that one.

Had a really good day overall today...so far. Ended up putting in a full 8 hour day and don't feel half bad. No swelling to speak of and other than the burning on the outside of the thigh, no real pain either. Several of my students offered to go to the clinic to get a wheelchair so they could push me around campus. I'm thinking they were wanting a reason to be out of class :) One brought me a homemade, rice filled heating pad that his mom had made for me. Too sweet. She filled it with lavender scent, so useful and smells wonderful.

Ran several meetings today, but was sure to get up for my three 10 minute walks. Will most likely work a shorter day tomorrow with plans of another full day on Wednesday. My boss is pretty good about all of this and just keeps telling me that I am not to over do it and go home when I need to. To which I reply "I'm fine" :) Then he reminds me that I still haven't brought in my doctor's note clearing me to go back to work. Whoopsie! Don't have one of those yet.

Hope everyone else had a great day!

Tammy
 
Dutch, the only pressure I feel about work are those I impose on myself. I'm sure you can relate.
 
Sounds like an awesome day, Tammy. Also appears that the kids are on their best behavior :angel: and you didn't have to break out any warrior moves on them! I'm guessing you'll sleep pretty well tonight! :sleep:
 
Hi Tammy.. 'the only pressure I feel about work are those I impose on myself'... don't be another Poppet who pushed herself and has spent a week so far regretting it.. slow and steady honey :)
 
I was going to say "marathon, not a sprint," but didn't want to give you ideas lest you haul off and do an Iron Woman Triathlon on crutches:happydance:
Have a great day!
 
Glad the day went well Tammy, sounds like you know what is best for you, just don't get overconfident as we Warriors need you

MaxBuck, and I thought lobster pants were only available in New England, maybe you could get the lobster tie
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom