THR Damn glad that's over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Vida, I've had to use a gel cushion from about week 3 & am still using it. My butt kills me when I sit. I'm told it's scar tissue that will soften over time. I sure hope so.
 
Vida, your doc may allow it, I had seen him at 4 weeks so he wouldn't allow it, but I believe countdowner could full weightbear at 6 weeks. I think the doc just is making me wait till the next appointment so about 8 weeks it will be before full weight bearing. Yes, can not sit too ling and pillows are my friend, but I think that is pretty common even without the fracture. I will be keeping my fingers and toes crossed that you will be full weight bearing, just won't cross my legs,:)
 
Hi All!

Worked a full day today and followed it up with my second outpatient PT appointment. This girl is T-I-R-E-D!!! Lots of new exercises assigned today. Started out with 8 minutes on the stationary bike. That felt great. It was really nice getting that new hip moving. Then on to some hamstring stretches. Silly really, just stand there and lift the leg/foot backwards like you were going to kick yourself in the butt. Major cramps with this activity! Ouch! Then on to stand on the good leg and lift the knee up to 90 degrees. 2 sets of 15. First set pretty easy, second set not so much. Resistance bands, kicks, straight leg raises, bridges. It was an action packed hour. Icing now!

Now for the really BIG NEWS: Just finished my last injection of blood thinner!!!!!! More news: I drove my truck in the neighborhood and didn't kill anyone!!!! Tried to do some emergency braking....maybe my leg was super tired from physical therapy, but let's just say it's a good thing I didn't have to do it for real. So, in a pinch (emergency) I could drive myself somewhere, but will hold off for a little while longer.

That's it folks!

Tammy
 
Tammy, you should try and teach yourself left foot braking. But get really good at if before you need it in an emergency.
 
It's funny John...when I am driving the golf cart at work, I use the right for the gas and the left for the brake with no problems. I practiced a bit with left-foot braking in my truck prior to the surgery and about put my daughter through the windshield. Driving can wait a bit as I am enjoying being driven around.
 
congrats on the new exercises! you will be surprised at how quickly you progress
with them.
careful with that driving! no christmas or school supply displays out there
on the road you can take out and blame on the kids!!!!
:ok:
 
Trud dat Dutch! However, I am probably more dangerous in my big ole truck. I think I have an inner-truck Witch that likes to come out when I'm driving :angel:
 
This is definetly going to new levels, Pugfugly, expanding to knives and pillows and now you with a truck. I believe the IBS Warriors should stick to medical aides and apparatuses in order to keep us under the radar, as at this rate we will be heading up the FBI lists.Hope you get a goodnight sleep and pleasant warrior dreams
 
You keep this up and Santa is definitely not coming to your house this year.
 
bellaroma I'm beginning to have some questions about some of our fellow warriors. A potentially violent hobbit in our midst, and I'm thinking Tammy is a former juvenile delinquent---no wonder she understands the kids so well.
 
Tammy - I have the same trouble with left-footed braking. I just decided I would rather not drive for awhile, than put myself through the windshield. I hope your work day is going well!

I am working on online shopping today. My little conversation with my boss yesterday made me realize that Christmas is waaay sooner than I thought. For some reason I keep mentally adding another week that is not there. Eek!
 
Tammy, it's hard to believe you are doing your 'phased' return to work - unofficially of course! You see your doc about the same time I see mine I think (20th). You are doing awesome! Remember to take it easy through your PT as you're not quite back to your Crossfit -warrior self just yet! Not to worry friend you'll be back in good time! No rush -- do it right! :friends:

Funny how the cart driving is so different from the truck driving....I guess bigger rig, bigger brakes!

[Bonesmart.org] Damn glad that's over!
 
How is your walking Tammy, you are now full weight bearing, right? I know you were tired yesterday, but it seems like you are taking care of youself, and also could you let me know the mske and color of your truck, so if I am in Florida, I wil know what to watch out for?
 
You guys are hilarious! I drive a big blue and silver Ford F-150 super crew (4 door) truck. Big Blue loves to go fast :)

Dede, I phased from four 6 hour days at week 3 to a regular 40 hour work week. However, this is still about 25+hours less than I usually work, so it does feel like a part time job. I see the doctor on the 20th to get my "OK" to return to work. Whoopsie! They didn't ask for a doctor's note at work, so I didn't volunteer to bring one in. I will get one NEXT WEEK.

Sissy, it takes one to know one. I was the "best bad example" I could be as a kid. I know all the tricks.

Beth, the PT says I am at 75% wb. She stole...I mean took, my second crutch from me at my last appointment and told me to get up and get moving. Whoa! Wasn't really ready, but I made it work. I am very stable and walk pretty good with just 1 crutch. However, when she tried me out on the cane, I weaved around the room like a drunken sailor. Not to pretty. She said that I would have to just wait and strengthen the leg before trying the cane again as the doctor has told her that I was to increase to full wb as tolerated and no discernible limp. I have set a goal of New Year's to get off the assistive devices. We will see though.

Decided to just sit back and enjoy being driven around. I really like calling my daughters to demand they drop what they are doing and come pick me up! Tee hee! A small pay back from when they were teenagers. I only work another week and a half before I am on a 2 week vacation, so I am not even going to worry about it until then.

How was everyone's day?
Tammy
 
Sounds like you have a break from PT today! Also sounds like your PT and doctor are in cahoots and are plotting an ambush! Trust no one!!! Glad to hear that your girl-servants are not shirking any of their duties! However they must be pretty observant of Mom sharpening her warrior skills daily!!! Yes, Mom; No, Mom! Of course you could sick the fur-babies loose on them. :heehee:
 
My PT schedule is M/W/F right now. I'm experiencing quite a bit of swelling (in spite of icing) after the PT appointments. So PT one day, rest day, then PT, rest day, PT....etc.

The furbabies, who my husband refers to as Useless and Worthless, are really only good for soulful looks and lots of snuggles. However, Bandit has been in the Christmas spirit (NOT).

Those girl-off springs have their own lives, so I hone my skills while they are away....
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Damn glad that's over!
    Merry Christmas.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 136
Poor Bandit!! The looks says it all - Mom you're really lucky I love you. I know I live here rent free, but does it warrant the hat???

We had a cat many moons ago that had an angry picture with a holiday hat. I think she was really resentful of that hat when she would dash out and attack us!
 
Aww, poor puppy! He does not have the Christmas spirit. Could he look more pitiful?
 
23 what??? Months??? Or years? OMG, I had no idea that cats could live that long.

One of my daughters tortured Bandit with the hat earlier today and texted me the photo at work. That is the "look" I get whenever I get a bowl of ice cream. How can anyone say no to that face.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom