THR Damn glad that's over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How was your day, Tammy? Any more excitement or did you take a day off?
 
Not too much in the way of excitement today. Spent the morning curled up with my ice pack. Had a light lunch, then took a nap with my furbaby. I have attached a photo! Then the family went out to this wonderful little restaurant called the Chedder Bisquit. It is such a cool little place that specializes in down home cooking. I had the chicken and dumplings with a side of fried green tomatoes. Yummy!

May take in the Dog Park again tomorrow. Need to do a little shopping, so I will try not to wipe out any more school supplies displays. Can't promise anything though :)
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Damn glad that's over!
    Nap time.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 165
Warrior Alert,
Tammy is heading to the mall tomorrow!!!

it's too late for school supply stuff to be out anyways...... take em all down!
:yes!:
 
Maybe tomorrow I should aim for all the Christmas displays. That way there is a target around every corner.
 
Oh my! Tammy and crew are so funny, I can barely stop laughing!!

It's amazing the different ways they have not only with restrictions after surgery, but with therapy and progression to walking. I had no therapy at all after being dismissed from the hospital; just the exercises they gave me for home. And I started out with my choice of either walker or crutches, then went to full weight bearing as tolerated, being told to use a cane at first if I was going to walk a long distance (and no definition of "long distance" either!). I used a cane the first few days after that, and haven't used it since.

Tammy, I so greatly admire what you and your school is doing for those students. Had something like that been available here, maybe my youngest would have stayed in school, graduated, and found a productive career; rather than finally getting his GED while a "guest of the state" for a year. Fortunately he's trying to turn his life around now, but it's hard to find decent employment where he lives, and then having to check that "have you ever been convicted" box makes it even more difficult. Luckily he's found a full-time job (one he hates) at a factory, and recently started a part-time one (that he loves) that has potential to working into something better.

Someone earlier mentioned Facebook; please send me a PM if any of you would like to be "friends". I love FB and love to add new friends that I have something in common with (like our hip issues here).
 
Your fur kid is adorable, Tammy.
Did you get an early start?
Headline: Store issues APB for wild woman who used one of their scooters to take out all the Christmas displays, then jumped up with crutches and was out the door. She was briefly pursued by store security guards but soon outpaced them. "Dang," said one guard, "that woman is wild and she can fly on them crutches! They ain't paying me enough to tackle that!"
 
No early start for me. I slept in a bit and have been sitting out on my porch with the furbabies enjoying a nice relaxing cup of coffee. We finally had some rain last night, so falling asleep listening to it was uber wonderful. Working up to doing some of the exercises during what is left of the morning, and plan on venturing out after lunch. Looking at the grocery list on the fridge, it looks like another trip to Costco is in order. I could really do some damage there :)

Had a late movie night with our oldest grandson. He currently lives with us and is a blast to have around. His daddy took him paintballing yesterday afternoon and he asked me if I was up to going, as I always go with him. Had to tell him not this time, bud. Soon though....I love me some paintballing.

Still have to purchase a cane.....will get to it sometime today.

Tammy
 
I got a snazzy one online. If one has to use a cane, one may as well be stylish, I figured. Now it's living in my car . . . just in case.
 
Ah, rain, I vaguely remember rain....
I got my cane at Walgreens for about $19. Lightweight and adjustable, and comes apart for storage. Served the purpose for the short time I used it. They had quite a few to choose from.
 
Me too Sissy. I think I got mine when they were 25% off about a week or so before surgery, so I snagged one for about $16. It has a rubber (not foam) handle with a wrist strap and is adjustable. Problem is that I can't sneak up on anyone as it makes a clanking sound!

[Bonesmart.org] Damn glad that's over!
 
Years ago, when I was skiing at Mt. Tremblant in Quebec, my ski instructor helpfully taught me how to plant my ski pole right between the skis of the person in line behind me so they couldn't edge ahead of me. This works in WalMart, too.
:whistle:
 
Ramming a scooter in front of someone in the line at Costco works well too :whistle:
 
Your daughter should have done her documentary project, on the growing abuse of scooters and medical equipment to reek havoc, Terror in the Aisles, THR patients all over the globe are saying, I Will not take being pushed anymore, thousands of dollars in damage to retail displays and numerous people showing up to ERs with concussions, saying they were attacked by masked assailants with crutches
 
OMG Beth! You are hilarious. My drink almost came out my nose at your post. If they happen to catch me...Mum's the word! I will not talk!
 
Beth, I sent this to another BoneSmartie earlier--but I think this just might apply in your case, too, after reading your last few posts.

[Bonesmart.org] Damn glad that's over!
[Bonesmart.org] Damn glad that's over!
 
bellaroma
Hey Beth, ...how are you? I see my OS on Tuesday and hope I can put full weight on my leg as its now been 6 weeks. Do you have pain if you sit too long? I am always sore after 15 mins and need an extra foam cushion on a chair or I'm miserable. I haven't noticed people mentioning this, don't think I'm ready for much Christmas socializing. Take care, Vicki
 
I also stayed in a hospital gown - just way easier. I did bring my own shoes as I don't like the hospital socks with the rubber treads. A helpful hint is to put all your small stuff in something like a makeup bag - I had chap stick, reading glasses, hand lotion, iPod, headphones, pen & paper ( for all those questions that you think of & then can never remember) comb, hard candy, etc. The makeup bag lets you keep it in the bed if you want & the stuff doesn't roll all over. Learned that trick in Joint School & it worked well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom