cnydutch, yeah those hairballs, can cause a problem, but he was a city street cat before we adopted him and he is 23 years tough, but sissy46, he has learned manners
bellaroma He looks like a gentleman, like my Percy. I had a cat who lived 21 years---the one who peed on the Christmas presents. He was a rascal his entire life. cnydutch yesterday I had just put down some throw rugs, right out of the dryer, so guess where Jo-Riley chose to purge...it never fails. At least it wasn't the comforter.
aren't they rascals???
i am so much a dog person, this cat we have here came to us
by default, SO's ex's new wife didn't want the cat when they
had a baby 6 or 7 years ago, so SO asked me if we could
take him, knowing i'm not a cat person, but, i said yes.
he has come out of closet since, and would spend all day
on my lap if i let him..
Isn't it funny that they migrate to the people who least like cats and ignore the people that do like them?!? I know, everything is on their own terms -- nature of the beast!
dede62 I read somewhere that's because they find eye contact intimidating, and people who don't like them don't look at them, and so....
You know what they say, dogs have owners, cats have staff.
So, work has been interesting to say the least. I am currently advertising and interviewing a new entry-level secretary. Our union rules stipulate that we must advertise for a period of 2 weeks. Tomorrow is the end of the first week and I have received 50 resumes so far. OMG! The freaks are coming out of the woodwork. One woman sent me an email telling me how she was "detail-oriented" but forgot to attach her resume. Then, she sent me a second email that simply said "see attached." Again, no resume. Ummmm, no thanks! So tomorrow I am interviewing 12 of the 50 so far. Pray for me! Can not wait to see what some of these people look like in person.
Managed to work a 9 hour day today with no issues. I have been using just one crutch all week. It is surprising how much work it is. My thigh/leg gets really tired. One more work day this week, 5 next week and then a 2 week vacation.
The operated leg gets really tired. I am still having that burning pain on the outside of it, but with the increase in weight bearing and activity level, I am noticing a lot of swelling. I am icing and elevating it often. The swelling is worst at the incision site.
On a good note, the PT says that I have excellent ROM, but a lot of weakness. It was humbling yesterday when she said she wanted me to try doing some step ups on a 4 inch step. No joy! I could put my operated foot on the stair and then apparently I hopped to get the rest of me up the step. She said that was cheating....then she brought out the 2 inch step. It took me a couple of dozen tries before I mastered it. I practiced that move today at work by stepping up onto the sidewalk which is about the same height. Nailed it!
I can't wait to hear about those interviews. Why is it the most scatterbrained people always think themselves detail oriented?
Your surgery was Nov 5, and you've had no weight bearing for over a month---poor muscles aren't going to know what hit them! Good thing you were in top shape to begin with---they'll come back fast.
Sorry 'bout the swelling. Almost sounds you need to sit in an ice bath like the football players do... well do the next best thing and ice wrap it up! One of those beers that Dutch was talking about might help too as long as you're not swallowing a pain pill with it!
Oh, God I can so relate to the step up. I'm still not doing the upstep as I'm trying to do it on regular stairs. I can seem to do it fine with a curb. Everytime I try and go for it I have to try and psych myself up for it! Every once in a while the operated leg will automatically go to step up first, I'll try it once, then go back to two stepping. Ah, it'll come.
Good luck with the interviews... I remember my interview at my school. I heard them laughing through the window outside after I left and I hoped it wasn't about me!!!! Ended up getting the job, in part that my principal was a former Navy brat and actually understood the executive administrative work I had done. It was the stepping stone to my current job I've been in for 15 years! Who knew???
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.