THR Damn glad that's over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! That is a Big Day!! Hopefully you will sleep like a log and be refreshed tomorrow. Congrats on the graduation to one crutch! WooHoo!! :happydance::yay::egypdance: I felt a lot more freedom with that step. You will be on the cane and then just plain walking in no time!
 
Autofill makes me go into a tailspin, I am always having to go back and edit my posts... time to bring out some of my...

Australian slang, also known as Strine, is our special way of speaking. Words and phrases handed down from our ancestors and that has become iconic to Australia, and differentiated from the British English.

:spin:

We are down under after all :rotfl:
 
Grand Hoo-Ha Tammy last seen on a power scooter, peeling rubber, smoke flying, crutches and ice cream in hand and and pens and pencils flying in every direction. Watch out world, our BS grand warrior has been released into the land of the walking!! Yeah, the cane takes a minute to get used to, but it's definitely an effective tool in our warrior tool kit.

Glad to hear you had such a fun-filled and productive day. Hopefully you'll be good and tired and get some of that good solid sleep. Don't forget about your best friend Ice.Try and pace yourself warrior!
 
When I was 20 and studying in Europe, my American boyfriend and I spent the night in front of the Geneva train station with two Australian guys. We were waiting for connecting trains and on Switzerland they lock the train stations at midnight. Anyway, we all lined up in a roe and they shared their sleeping bags with us, but when they started talking to each other, I had a better shot at knowing what the French -speaking drunks were saying!
 
Wow, massive day for you Tammy. Hope you're still feeling good when you wake up today...

Congrats on the progress.
 
:rotfl::loll::snork: What can I add to dede62 's post? Not much! But as a retired psych nurse, I have to wonder about your taking out that school supply display....

I hope no one from Gatorland is reading this forum, or we won't be allowed on the zipline. (frackin' autocorrect wants to make that "hipline." what? is with this correction stuff, anyway---let me make my own bloopers.)

I can't imagine working 40 hours on crutches, Tammy. You are Wonder Woman. :bow:
 
Ok girls and boys. Rough morning trying to get out of bed. I feel worn out but in a good way. Just some overall aching like I had an intense workout at the gym. No real pain to speak of other than the nasty burning on the outside of my thigh. Icing now and laughing at all of you.

Taking out the school supply display was karma! I was on this super quick scooter and was showing my daughter how I could almost do donuts on it....both forward and backward. I HAD been demonstrating this in the center aisles, which are nice and wide. Then, I got distracted by all the pretty pens....and my pen fetish just had to be fed. So, down the much more narrow isle I went. Picked up a couple of new models to try out and instead of backing up and making my way out of the aisle I just had to floor that baby and spin it. My daughter was laughing so hard she was snorting at me. When a worker made their way to the aisle, I blamed it on a couple of kids I saw walking by. I know, I am going to Hades for lying! By this point, my daughter was laughing so hard she had tears rolling down her cheeks. And I seriously thought I might wet my pants if I kept laughing. Ah...good times!

I am going to go back out into the world today (I promise to stay away from all forms of school supplies) and try on a couple of canes for size. PT sent me a follow-up email after speaking to my OS late yesterday. No cane at work until I can demonstrate an increase in my stability and mobility. I can spin on my good leg and walk at a normal pace with both crutches, and am almost as good with 1 crutch. The cane...well that is another story all together.

I have promised my family that next week I would only work 40 hours and that I would not start increasing until after the New Year. We only have another 2 weeks before our Holiday Break. We are in session until December 21st and then don't resume classes until January 7th. It feels weird to only work 40 hours as it almost feels like part time work. Before surgery it was nothing to put in a 10-12 hour day and then bring a couple of hours of work home with me.

May try to take another trip to the Dog Park tomorrow so Bandit can work off his ice cream calories!

Tammy
 
Tammy, I can only hope your adventure finds its way onto YouTube, somehow, somewhere ...
 
MaxBuck If Tammy's daughter carried a camera with her to take videos of her mom, she'd never have to work again.
 
Funny! I have already starred in one of her videos. She is a Sports Broadcasting major and will be graduating this coming May! Praise the Lord! She is the last one to get through college. Well, she had an assignment to do in her Film class that required her shooting a bunch of footage and creating her own documentary. She was going to do it on "A Day in the Life of a Football Fan" and attended a Buc's game...well, she ended up tailgating and forgot to film. Go figure! So, Mom had to come to the rescue at the 11th hour.

So, the night before the assignment was due, she asks me to be her subject. She told me to just talk about the whole THR process. From the first symptoms to the visit with the OS, surgery and post-op recovery. So, being the super-mom I am, I complied. She edited the footage, set it to music and had some pretty cool graphics added to it. Then she comes home from her class. She turned in her CD with the video on it and said "Mom, my teacher told me my video wasn't very interesting. But I told her that her syllabus didn't say it had to be interesting!" God, I'm crushed.

Now, as for our trips to WalMart...she might film me if she could keep up with me :)

Tammy
 
Bwahaha! I must admit, I also have an office supply fetish. It is impossible for me to get in and out of Staples, or better yet, a college bookstore, quickly. Probably a good thing I didn't go there while I was still using carts!

The crutch to cane step is a big one. Huge difference in the amount of stability. However, I think once you are on the cane for a little while, walking without it is a small step. Like dede62, I still "use" my cane, but it is more for reassurance than actual support. I also need a weapon, just in case :whistle: Well, and I figure if I get fatigued, it will be a good thing to have.

Baking sounds fun! I am going for a short (I hope) clothes shopping excursion today.
 
Looks like Nerdgrrl and I might catch a break in the weather. Gonna try a walk around a bigger block today with hubby. Gotta try and break him in slowly! :SUNsmile:
 
Baby steps Dede. If you can get him to think it is his idea....he won't fight it so much :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom