THR DallasSarah post op update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah those pain-killer influenced posts! We had a riot of them back in 2008! Some nights it was like a mad house in here!
 
Fun though, it makes us all have a good giggle which is something we need to do to lighten up when we are on the journey back..
 
Happy lady tonight my favorite nurse is here's for my last night in hospital!
All nurses have been great just like this one probably because I've had her every night.

We have switched me to Percocet 5/325 hoping this will kick the Nausia feeling that has been crappy all day. Still no real pain, appetite is dull so hopefully will be more perky tomorrow!

Home tomorrow too wow this part has gone so quickly! I'm ready for home I think it will be easier to relax and have no interuptions....

On serious note thank you for all the kind supportive thoughts it's been so helpful and yes the entertainment has been such a great highlight thank goodness for the laughs!
 
Yep the oral Meds are no way near as much fun as a pump... Never mind I still have hip number two to be done sometime next year, might get one then...
 
I've just been reading through your thread and had a good chuckle at a lot of the posts.

Your spirit and sense of fun come shining through. I am sure you will breeze through the rest of your recovery.

The spell check (or lack of it) adds to to the humour.

It reminds me of a friend of my late mother who was convinced her new car had a catholic converter!!

Best wishes

Dave
 
Hi Sara,

I think you will be so pleasantly surprised when you get home. Don't be concerned if at first there is a little anxiety about losing the nursing support even though it is disruptive. You will quickly get into your own routine and love having your own familiar things around.

One last piece of advice, make sure there is heaps of ice in that freezer, it truly will become your beat friend. I am sitting up in bed, late here in OZ, 10:28 pm with ice on my hip, groin and my back. By the time I snuggle down the pain will be all gone and sleep will come easier.

Can't wait to chat with you when you are at home :) :)
 
Good morning Sarah and glad to hear you'll be going home today. You will be so glad to be in your own environment. As far as the lack of appetite, I too had that afterwards.

Take it easy on your ride home and just get settled into the house.
 
Home time soon!

I've had a great morning, it's brilliant how every time I've walked my confidence has blossomed each time I get better....huge difference today compared to yesterday!

My friends are coming to get me around 6-7pm so right now in bed about to nap a little, had excellent morning lots of walking, did stairs plus had a monster shower yummy! Percocets really agreeing with me too which is a relieve. I even sat out f the bed this morning for about 45 minutes just watching world go by.....nice! I feel good and now excited to go home I was a little anxious earlier thinking maybe I could stay a day longer but naaaaaa its time! I need no help getting in and out of bed and have also got quite good at moving my own legs with no help.

I do have Coumadin to take home but in pill form yeeehaaaaano injection!

I'll write more later once. I get home!

Bye for now....

Xxooxx
 
Glad to hear everything is going so well, Sarah! Continued happy healing!!!

Sorry they took the morphine away ... but consider it a step towards "hip replacement graduation"! Percocet works pretty well for pain but not as much of a "happy drug", lol.

Have a safe trip home. I bet your dog will be happy to see you! That's the part of being in the hospital that I will find most difficult--my dogs are my babies.
 
One more happy hippie leaving hospital for the best part of the rehab and recovery..... You will have the con of your own Star Ship Enterprise.... Go Sarah xxxxx
 
Hi there....

Being at my friends house is nice! Slept a lot last night still in 2 hour slots, but each time was good. Pee'd a lot all night just some trivial stuff to share!

Have to adjust to the non hospital bed, especially laying completely flat I was ok, I found my operated heel number out a few times and felt like I had a huge lister I think it was a circulation thing, in night used a pillow to prop my heel up and it worked.

Quiet day, I did see new PT person he seemed ok will know next week after we do some sessions. Nurse is coming tomorrow to check blood.

Tonight is a quiet night watching a movie!

Hope everyone is well!

Sarah
 
Thanks for the update Sarah. You rest up and post as you can. Those sore heels can really hurt. Letting you heels hang over a pillow helps. Nice and slow now :wink1: ! Let the healing begin!
 
Hi Sarah,

The RN in hospital filled up a rubber glove with ice cold water and then popped it under my heel, it felt like heaven! And because my leg didn't move much, I woke up the next morning with it still there.... Lovely and spongy. He (RN) also put the pillow under my leg, but the let the heel rest on thhe icey rubbery glove :)

More ice tips :)

So pleased you are at your friends and doing well xxooxx
 
Wow my last few posts are definitely mellow!
This must be the post morphine blues hahahahah that made me smile!

I forgot to mention I did have a rough hour with poop today, happy thing is did go but damn it took forever and was really painful hopefully 2nd time will be
easier. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Its brilliant having dogs around because they go through phases of playing it adds lots of joy watching them. My boy Miles loves jumping Onto the bed and as long as I have a pillow over my hip he climbs onto me for kisses, he does sense I'm not my normal self because he's much calmer, plus they are all good with the walker they keep a good distance that was all of our concerns.

Night to all....

xxooxx
 
Amazing how dogs sense when their owner/friend is not 100%. They add so much to our lives.

Sarah honey, drink lots of water, think about a stool softener and lots of fruit and fresh veggies... You need the fibre and replenish the water to flush through the drugs. It is also a good idea to add a little pure apple juice or even lemon juice to your water because quite often the water doesn't absorb into the cells, the added glycogen in the juice helps the cells retain the fluid.

Babbling here.... Google 'water, water, heals.' There was a Dr in the second world war who found that so many prisoners were dehydrated and when fluid levels were restored, all sorts of ailments were helped.

I will post his name next time, I get on the net.

xxxx
 
Drink a Class of warm to hot water first thing in the morning after the morning bladder empty is complete. then lay back down and watch the news. It will help move things along and soften without the chemicals.
A thing I have learned due to pill taking lately
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom