THR DallasSarah post op update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old knees summed it up - I lacked confidence!!

Morning everyone!

Early this morning my new and officially PT lady appeared Bonnie is sharp, young and very proactive WEW! Asked me tons of questions and before I knew it we did a couple of test runs in my friends walk in shower and it was embarrassingly EASY! Soooooo shower hair wash tonight when everyone gets home, feel better if they are here plus they can lift shampoo up into higher areas.......we did some good exercises plus she helped correct my posture while walking overall I have strong 90% angles on knees, hips etc and she was happy with my strength.

My only 3 restrictions are 90% bend, not crossing legs and twisting.

I might venture home this weekend, because even in a short time there are many things I can do alone it's a good feeling too! I do need help it's the scissor type exercise I lack quad strength lifting my operated leg. Still
No pain which we all know by now tickles me beyond words YAY! If I go home my puppy's boy can stay here at friends that's going to be the big transition being able to get leash on him and walk him a few times a day.

Back to my stinky self I have been washing every day just my hair got neglected for a few days hahahaha so I'm not a total smellybum!!

Also I do have a 3-1 toilet which could be used in shower, plus yesterday they delivered a nice long bath transfer bench got this for my place I have a shower in a bath tub situation it's one of those low down bath tubs plus has a slippery type of surface so the bench will work nicely.

Happy Day Everyone!

xxooxx
 
Double Yay!

My nurses came this morning and took all my vitals plus blood. I might have to get a different dosage of Coumadin my blood levels were low 1.5 and I think she was saying they want it between 2-3.....I'll wait to see what dr says! Good news though I've seen a official nurse and apart from that I'm healthy :)

Wow I think it could be nap time soon! It's been a hectic morning, but productive!!

Bye again......

xxooxx
 
Sarah, you are doing so well!

I'm so happy for you and also amazed you aren't having any pain. I'm sure I'll have pain despite pain meds because after my hysterectomy it was painful getting up or down or coughing because of the incision. I felt pretty good as long as I was still, but I hurt when I moved. Luckily, it was only for a short amount of time--until I got up or whatever. Good for you!

I am curious--did you have an anterior or posterior? I had been thinking it was anterior--if so, I thought you wouldn't have any 90 degree restrictions?????

You are doing so great!!!
 
Hello Rider,

I had the "Anterolateral" approach not sure about what are right or wrong restrictions mine are just mine for right now and I'm following their rules. After all the weeks posting on here, reading advice etc the one thing that stays true you have to have total confidence in your surgeon because at the end of the day it's his workmanship that will make the difference. He did cut longer than planned he had said 3-5 inches it looks like mind is about 7-8 inches but it's super neat and tidy and luckily sits right over my original scar. He is used a ceramic ball instead of a metal we haven't talked in detail on the why's but I genuinely feel that's the part of the relationship where you have to trust them completely especially once they open you up who knows what they are in store for, he had talked about how I had a ton of scar which he had cleaned up. I have really talked him in long length since surgery plus not sure if my morphine
Rush kept me sane hahahahahaha!!

I PROMISE you no pain, it's just a stiffness, soreness but nothing sharp unbearable I think my gum cleanings at the dentist are more traumatic seriously. The move from the operating room to recovery showed a glimpse of pain but they hooked up that morphine drip in seconds and even after they made a boohoo not sure how but it leaked a little but the joke was how much did I loose and they made sure to double it up for me and I felt nothing!!

Ewwwwww wait my first poopoo was more painful than my hip DUH! But that's normal Now WEW!

Rider you going tone fine!!

xxooxx
 
iPad tops! My last post was saying haven't talked in detail with my OS I'm sure we will chat when I visit it's him later this month but for now no need he did his work, plus was making joke not sure the first few daysi woud have remembered our chats ------ little morphine joke there (wink)
 
Thanks for the info Sarah. I absolutely agree with following your doctor's and PT's instructions. You don't want to screw any of his fine work up!! I was just curious.

I hope I do as well with my surgery as you have done! :-)

Dorothy
 
I'm sure I'll have pain despite pain meds because after my hysterectomy it was painful getting up or down or coughing because of the incision. I felt pretty good as long as I was still, but I hurt when I moved.

Sarah is right rider. You won't find your post op pain anything like this. Sore and stiff maybe. But the bone on bone pain you are feeling will be GONE! I remember so many Smarties here telling me the same thing. And it is very hard to imagine pre-op. But the good news is it's true! :yes 4:
 
Hi Sarah

Just love your posts, woke this morning Wed 7 Dec and had such a giggle reading them.

You sound organized, ready to go home and start the next phase.

Bad hair days... Don't you just hate them, but hey, you will feel Soooooooooooooooo Good when you get that first shampoo.

Must be coming into night time in the northern hemisphere, so sleep well :)

My day about to begin.... xxooxx
 
YES - YES - YES!!!

Took my first stand up all alone shower and it felt amazing! I did have two showers in the hospital but both time sat down and had help so this one tonight was perfect! It was a little scary standing that long but I made it fine and yessssssss my hair is clean!

The other miracle.....taking my Ted socks off and putting back on was really easy which surprised me.

Sandy good morning have a good day! I'm getting ready for a nIce cozy, warm nights sleep!

Night night.....

xxooxx
 
Sweet dreams Sarah ((( hugs )))
 
Hi Sarah, good morning! Just wanted to say how much I enjoy your posts and how they make me laugh! Keep it up girl. Did I read that you come from Hastings, Sussex originally, or did I imagine that? That's where I was born too - small world. I lived in Texas too, at one time, but never did learn to say 'y'all' in a convincing manner!

It''s great taking a proper stand-up shower isn't it? The first day I got home I washed my hair over the basin, and have had a shower every day since. And now I've just read about taping a disposable razor to a ruler to shave my leg with, I'm so excited. Have been going about with one shaved and one bristly calf. Am about to go and experiment...
 
YES - YES - YES!!!

Took my first stand up all alone shower and it felt amazing! I did have two showers in the hospital but both time sat down and had help so this one tonight was perfect! It was a little scary standing that long but I made it fine and yessssssss my hair is clean!

xxooxx


:yay::yay::yay: a shower, does wonders for a person doesn't it. The things that makes us so excited. The first shower I had I didn't want to leave, because it just felt so great.

I never did try the ruler with razor don't know if you are trying that idea and boy did the legs get bad. :th_heehee: I think when I get my knees done I'm going to go in somewhere and have them waxed so they will last for a longer time since I'm sure it will be quite difficult doing after knees. Why I didn't think of that before my hips I'll never know.
 
Sarah, Glad to see your excitement has not lessened one bit. It's so refreshing to read about how delighted you are at every new step toward renewed normalcy. Keep up the good work.
 
Good morning......even though it's almost 2pm?!.?!?!

My clock is all over the place. I feel good right now this morning was a little off woke up early and dozed inand out while my friends get ready for work, when I got up around 7ish just felt sicky and tired, so stayed in bed of course forgot if I had taken my pain Meds around 7 so waited to 10.30 grabbed a muffin then yes went back to bed and fell into a fabulous deep warm sleep and woke up couple of hours later feeling great. I've have that sleep sicky feeling before I it possible the increase of the Coumadin yesterday could effect me today or the PT session we did do a lot more moving??

Happy news I'm ok now!! Welshjane yes I'm from sunny Hastings, been in states since 1987 and about 12-15 yrs in Texas 12 of those in Dallas I can say y'all in a playful sense or something like I'm fixin to.........cute! Glad your doing well!

Anita, Sandy you both have brought out my happy side during this time...the little quirky things ive been dealing with since the surgery really seem mild compared to the days when my hip was sore and painful those were unbearable days gone hopefully forever!! I also think its important to have some giggles during tough times, i do have grumpy moments but I can normally smack myself out of it and keep things in perspective. I feel lucky that this recovery time is going to pass sooner than later which is brilliant!

Well I'm going to admit this about to watch some smut mid day afternoon TV and relax, I had a hectic morning sleeping ya know!!

Hope everyone is well...

xxooxx
 
Oppps ,always forgot something....

Julie - I'm not so worried about shaving my legs right now I did the morning of the surgery at home. My worry right now would be taking the Coumadin what if you were to cut yourself and the bleeding was bad?? Not sure if I'm right that just crossed my mind. I Bet shaving hair removal cream would work as well?? Washing my hair last night was heaven!! It's the simple things that make us happy!
 
You may want Josephine to chime in on this. I think it may depend on your INR levels. I was on Coumadin for one month and barely made it past 2.0...and that took 3 weeks. I shaved with a blade almost daily while I was on it. Probably a no-no, but given my INR was being measured twice a week, I figured I would be ok. You definitely need to be careful though.
 
Thanks Lou for coming back with a comment. I'm not going to use a razor purely was a gut feeling, I'm sure others do though. It will be interesting to see what Jo says about this one.....
 
Hi Sarah

Early afternoon here in OZ, raining again - where oh where is our summer??

Hope you have had a good day (haven't checked your time) I am assuming it is late Wed night for you).

Stay well, happy, safe recovering :) Sandy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom