THR DallasSarah post op update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Sarah

You seem to be really happy in your threads and happy birthdy, no partying into the early hours.
Rest is what is required pretty boring eh!! and it will be frustrating at times take it gradually Sarah and you will get there.

Billy
 
I like loopy thought!

I've had a great day, we removed drainage and I think later tonight we are switching me to pills and slowing down on morphine, which is good. I've been really dehydrated yuck! Drinking tons go fluid though. PT this morning. Walked maybe 20 steps tonight we did 4x more, I needed a little confidence boost and the Nausia feeling went away. No pain at all......Yay!

The staff here are lovely, lots of fun and you feel like they are always around, answer questions and attentive ohhhh and I know I've said this hahahahah the food rocks!! There are only about 25 beds here in facility. Super nice! Quite a few of my typos have been my famous iPad, but will say thrilled I have it it's so handy.

I did take a decent nap this afternoon and anticipating with pills I will have a good sleep tonight. Very little swelling they think tonight or tomorrow could be sore, well see so far so good! I have friends visiting tonight which will be fun!

Thank you for all love and support it's so sweet and makes one feel good!!

Almost dinner time Yay!!

xxooxx
 
Sarah,
I hope you have enjoyed a fantastic birthday, with lots and lots of food delivered right to your lap, many cute doctors popping in and out of the room and loads of laughs with your friends. Sorry they nixed the breakfast margharita, but honestly sweetheart, it doesn't sound like you need a drink right now. :th_heehee: Keep these posts coming, they are precious! Really good to know you are feeling so upbeat.
Anita
 
Sounds like a good start to your recovery Sarah. Good luck with it all and looking forward to further updates on your progress.
 
Happy Belated Birthday Sarah!! The iPad in the hospital is a wonderful thing isnt it! I've had the same experience with sleep, about 2 hours of light sleep and wake up. I'll hopefully get a little more sleep before they wake me. But breakfast sounds sooo good right now as dinner was a little too much for me. Keep your spirits up and good luck with PT!!

Thrilled to be on the other side!
 
Morning everyone!

I had a weird night! Around 9pm we switched me over to pain pills, still leaving morphine pump as back up but knowing today to a big day when catheta comes out plus I will be moving more, possible shower etc. the pills knocked me out which was good because I haven't really slept, took more pills around 1am but around 3am and was a little bit of a baby very hot, sicky and whines, my night nurse is fabulous s she calmed me down I think it's a little bit of anxiety too about moving more. I'm not in sin at all and it's obvious now me and Morphine have a lovely hyper effect.....my friends visited last night and didn't shut up talking the entire time sooooo funny!! But. He dry mouth and itchy part.

Hope today goes well, I have this weird feeling it could be a little scar loosing the catheta scares me too it's not like I'm springing out of bed running the loo?!?! Oyyyyyy! Right now in good spirits because I did take a shot of the magical M thing!!

Girliend hope spelt that right.....I'm thrilled you are out of surgery ad feeling good!

Sorry for little moan this morning....plus I can feel my leg more this morning this is good again not painful just maybe stiff.

OMG my neighbor was out in hallway and he was showing off by bending be well HELLO his bum flashed out of his robe so YES I shouted out thank you for the stunning view....oh dear!! N he was not George Clooney hahahahah a silly!!

Wishing all a good day!

I think I'm going back to sleep!

Xxooxx
 
My iPad changes some of my words it's funny to read back after I've sent the post and see some of the typos! In last post a good example is when it says "sin" it's meant to be pain?!? Maybe my iPad picked up on the older mans bum flashing and thought it was a sin - some bad early humor there ewwwww!

Hang in With me on typos! Wooohoooo still amazed how well I feel!
 
Hi Sarah, great you are still so up beat. Catheter coming out is a non event all of one second :) Pity about no George Clooney! Good to sort out the oral drugs before leaving hospital. I have same problem with IPad, also being unable to have a scroll bar doesn't allow for re-editing. LOL xx
 
Morning Sandy,

Yes it is smart to get pain pills down before leaving, I think I also need to eat something while taking I didn't do that on 2nd round in the middle of the night thats what made me feel sicky! I'm getting super sleepy now that's the pills again see morphine has opposite effect. I feel like I'm on week 2 or 3 when in reality its only day 3 for me.

Another thing to share I have no stitches well hold on I do but the internal ones are dissovable and the exterior part is glued isn't that wild it also has a thin coat of tape over so I can shower.

Is sleepy time! Wow it hits me so quickly!
 
Naps are good Sarah, take them where you can. It is 11:17 pm Wed nite, so will catch up with you again soon xx
 
Happy belated birthday and thanks for your fun posts. Between the happy drugs and the spellcheck feature changing words at random, your updates are a great way to keep updated on your day!
 
OMG this thread is too funny! Everyone is getting loopy! God only knows we have all had our share of suffering so let the healing chuckles continue!

I must admit, it was about two years ago when there was another batch of hippies, just before I became a member, and from what I have read over the last two years, they were quiet a bunch!

You new hippies have a wonderful repoire with each other. It is contagious and it will get you thru a lot having such a close knit group.

Bring it on kiddies! You are doing fantastic!
 
Hi everyone!

It's been an odd day I feel ok, had a beautiful shower plus had catheta moved, had good walk its taking me a minute to adjust to the pain pills I'm taking hydro codone 10 mg /325 mg two of them this time nuts gave me a ondansetron to help with sicky feeling. My appetite has dropped a little too. I'm not in pain which is good just blaaaaaaa!!

Josephine spoke to my OS and he did work its Dr Farrar back in 1989 there in England. Asking him about that made him smile! He also shared with me today that I was to be gentle on myself because he did just do a pretty big surgery on me hahahahah! My leg is. Little swollen today but pretty good on bruising. The team here are fabulous which really helps.

It's nap time....love the breast comment wow between the neighbor flashing his bum which according to nurses he was a little of a deviant I sensed is that's why I didn't play to much, he was flashing his backside and his wife is with him too oyyyyyyyyyyy silly man, maybe that's his was of dealing with stress!

Girliend what is your first name I'm sure it's on one of your posts sorry easier to ask you today here! How are you? Thank goodness we have some humor!! Hoping you are still having fun on morphine :). In big scheme of things so far it's been easy.

Bye for now....

Xxooxx
 
Wow Sarah I envy you and Girlie with the morphine pump.. I received a huge bolas dose in theatre and was then straight onto tablets. I am thrilled that you are having so much fun in hospital. Yep, that first shower is so therapeutic.

Don't worry that little gobble dock (hungry tummy) will return, trust me, haven't lost mine yet... My choice of food just changes, light then comfort food, then protein then carbs... I just give my tummy what it wants and I am still losing weight.

List of love and hugs xxxoooxxx
 
I had the morphine drip when I was in the hospital, but barely used it. After reading Sarah's posts, I am beginning to think that was a mistake. She sounds like she is having a lot of fun! :loll:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom