THR DallasSarah post op update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jo, when I read this it was such great reality check for me! Good for everyone to read or re-read, particularly good when one hits a plateau.. Thanks for spending the time putting it together.
 
Morning Josephine,

I liked this one, the other one was a written time frame of progression on walking from, walker, cane etc that was helpful too. All the information in the library has coming handy during the first few weeks. I'm constantly reading the threads and it give me great comfort I'm not alone and can share my quirky things at any time and most of the time someone relates. This is what makes this website so good it's a scary journey and people who have not gone through this really have no idea. Plus we have you as the grounding medical help...just fabulous! I also love the diversity and unique stories behind everyone, it's really been an eye opener.

Thank you for everything! Merry Merry Christmas!

xxooxx
 
Oh Sarah...smut TV! It's been wonderful, I'm all caught up on the sill people on Judge Judy now, but I think it's making my BF crazy! I completely understand that R&R thing, mid day naps have been the BEST! And that first thing in the morning stretch, ohhhh it's hard to do, my leg gts so stiff! I have figured out how to get on my stomach to sleep though, that's my preferred position and it's made a huge difference in the amount of sleep I get in at night. Whew

Sounds like everyone is having a good day! Give my love to Miles!! :doggieshmooze:

Buffi
 
Happy Holidays Everyone!

My Christmas Eve was fabulous, couple of friends came to my place and fixed a perfect prime rib dinner, we had lots of giggles. After dinner we went for this amazing walk the longest for me todate, thank goodness my girlfriend had said enough because I could have kept going.....Wow nelly!! In the middle of the night I got those little electrical spasms that flash across the femur area and this morning I'm stiff and sore ouch a little! I had also cleaned up before they got here so I think I just had a long day......wouldn't change a thing it was fun and the walk really was liberating, funny I could have kept going, and going!

Today I'm walking over to a neighbors for dinner very low key, they are in a different building to me it will be a decent enough walk to stretch out my hip but not long enough to hurt.

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend. Filled with family, friends and loved ones. Lots of good food and tons of laughter!

xxooxx
 
Apology owed!

Thank you Jamie and Jayce the other day I was thanking the website and saying how helpful everything was, never mentioned either of you, sorry...

Merry Christmas Jamie, Jayce and Josephine sending you all lots of season greetings!!

xxooxx
 
Me again....

Yes I'm sore from yesterday's walking expeditions, but feeling really good another day today with lovely friends more good food, and another great walk outside on cane! I'm moving so much better, still slow, however my confidence being out has significantly improved since earlier this week. Everyone had a good giggle this afternoon when I took my two pain pills yup still make me a little goofy! They were all drinkers which I'm not a big drinker and no way right now with pain pills and coumadin, but I fit in quite well!!

My boy comes home tomorrow Yay! This will definitely create excitement around my home. I did find someone to walk him and then I plan to do mini walks in between again for me to build confidence. Luckily Miles is a small dog so pulling is not going to be an issue.

Life is good, my last 48 hours have really been special, I don't have family here so a couple of my old and new friends have really been around to make this Christmas very special.....NICE!

One other thought since my surgery I can tell I've been a lot happier, more chatty, warmer. I'm normally this way just the last year or two with the horrible PRE surgery pain I had become a little snippy, little anti social and also become reclusive, hope some of you relate to that. The arthitritus pain was so depressing, just exhausting. Its gone and I'm loving it...just want stiffness to go away but i know it will with time :)

Night everyone!

xxooxx
 
Hey me again (aka Sarah :)

So pleased you have had a pleasant holiday period with good friends, and that the walks outside are bringing with them confidence - and just think it can only improve from here on :)

So pleased Miles will be home with you soon. His virtual Mummy wants lots of doggy antic stories.

No..... I could never imagine you as anything other than the warm, intelligent and happy Sarah whom we have all grown to love... Blame Mr Arthur Ritis (Jo's perfect name :)

sandy xx
 
Mr Arthur Ritis hahahaha that's funny! Yes he is a naughty little ****** too!

Thank you and yes get ready for Miles tales sooooo soon!

xxooxx
 
Ah Sarah, isn't it nice when the real you starts to emerge again instead of that grumpy, depressed, anxious person that pain caused to take over? Welcome back!
 
Sarah - I am so glad to hear that Miles will be joining you again! I know what you mean about the preop grouchiness! But you have definitely been a pleasant ray of sunshine here since your surgery. Your walks seem to be going well and it is nice to hear that your friends have been making your holiday time enjoyable!
 
Apology owed! Thank you Jamie and Jayce the other day I was thanking the website and saying how helpful everything was, never mentioned either of you, sorry...

Not a problem at all. As Jo says - we are all a part of this forum. It really makes my day when members tell us this site helps them through.

Looking forward to some stories about Miles. He is such a cutie!
 
My boy comes home tomorrow Yay! This will definitely create excitement around my home. I did find someone to walk him and then I plan to do mini walks in between again for me to build confidence. Luckily Miles is a small dog so pulling is not going to be an issue.

I'm glad little Miles will be coming home!!!! That cute boy will inspire you to keep up with your great recovery work! I have a good friend lined up to babysit my animals while I'm in the hospital and rehab afterwards ... and I have impressed upon him that I NEED my dogs to visit me in rehab--frequently. If all goes as planned, I will arrive at rehab Saturday afternoon ... and he is going to bring the dogs to visit me on Sunday. That is SO important to me. So, I know finally having Miles home with you will be SO therapeutic and comforting.

One other thought since my surgery I can tell I've been a lot happier, more chatty, warmer. I'm normally this way just the last year or two with the horrible PRE surgery pain I had become a little snippy, little anti social and also become reclusive, hope some of you relate to that. The arthritis pain was so depressing, just exhausting. Its gone and I'm loving it...just want stiffness to go away but i know it will with time :)

I hear you ... I can't wait until I am back to the normal ME. I'm sure you are feeling that way not only because you are in less pain, but that you see a light at the end of the tunnel of pain and dysfunction that you were living for so long and are looking forward to getting back to living your life again! GREAT!

Keep up the great work!

Dorothy
 
It is great that your sweet little Miles will be coming home to you! I'm sure it will be a very happy time for both of you :) May you have many special moments and walkies together :) Also congratulations in getting over the grumpies caused by Mr Arthur Ritis ..... hee hee I know "him" and his grumpies very well and was delighted myself to see that one depart :th_heehee:
 
My Boy is home!

My friends dropped him off, then met my doggy walker Jack came over to officially meet him. I had met this gentleman before one day walking but I had no idea he was the community doggy walker. He is a retired police chief of 35 years. Super super nice. Wait it gets better, because Miles is a little out of sorts he's been away for 4 weeks at my friends house, Jack suggested we all went for a walk this way Miles can get to know him plus I can measure my confidence walking him. We walked 1/2 a mile Wow my longest walk to date it felt great, I didn't want to walk on grass but on pavement felt great. I'm tired now and laying on bed with my baby boy with ice! Life is good!! I have a feeling I will sleep better having him home with me, he's such a funny little thing, I just adore my boy!

Miles right now is fast asleep on my bed!

I just thought thanksgiving day Evening i had taken Miles for a similar walk that was just before my surgery 4 weeks ago today and it was so painful walking that night, I hobbled around the park. Today no pain just slower using the cane, I have a feeling this time next week I will be walking further and even stronger. Soooooo clever how quickly the body heals.

Hope everyone is well today!

xxooxx
 
Hi, Sarah....just catching up with your thread. I'm glad you are getting along well. And your baby is HOME!!! What a cute photo....it's pretty obvious that he adores his Momma!!! Look at those eyes!
 
So glad you have your boy back. My two boys (Ben and Jerry kitties) were a real comfort during my recovery.

And you are walking quite a distance now - that's great Sarah. Be sure and get that rest though. Don't push too hard if you are tired.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom