THR DallasSarah post op update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay!, thank you everyone for the replies!

My friend stopped over today with my puppy boy and to run some quick errands for me. Before he left we went for a quick soy walk-pee etc, I'm having to learn a completely new route. Normally I would go down 3 flights of stairs (steep) then cross a 4 lane road with a awkward grass middle section. No ways could I do that fit now, so there are a couple of other areas, but wooooooo long walk, we did the long walk and it felt grea I was jus pooped when I got home it was funny. I'm going to walk the same areas tomorrow this will help build up stamina. It was great being outside too!! What broke my heart Miles my dog cried when my friend left ohhhh this is my dog he was happy to see me but has obviously got close to my friend. Not a big deal I'm lucky to have friends who will love and take care of my dog during this time.

Thanks again everyone...appreciated all your support!

xxooxx
 
Oh Sarah, how our wonderful doggie friends give and give so much love and ask for so little in return... Soon he will be home with Mom :) xx
 
Hi Sarah,

I bet Miles cried when you left your friends house to go home to your own :doggieshmooze:

I hope that you are having some success figuring out the pain medication balance -- it is so different for each of us. I am amazed that you can go through the night for so long without anything! That's just an example of the differences, my night time pain med was the last to go --

Go easy on your big outdoors walk, if two days in a row makes you achey then try every other day or every third day. Have some ice when you get back indoors & puppy kisses when Miles returns.

Take care,
Cardie
 
Happy Saturday everyone!

It's horrible not having Miles, however I also know I need to be in control and capable of handling if and right now I'm not, sooooo wish I had a back garden!! I know time will fly now. I have feeling next week will be filled with new accomplishments!

Today was a good day, will admit stayed in bed this morning and had a nice mid morning nap zzzzzz! But got up showered, cleaned and did some laundry. My girlfriend came over with her 2 children 12yrs and 3yrs pure delight nice company, also brought over some lunch. Plus last night took pain Meds at 11pm then not again till 9am this morning then went to 2pm nice little breaks in between. I'm tired now so my big Saturday plan is to relax, ice and watch the bazillion Top Gear shows I have TiVo hahahaha one of my favorite shows!!

Cardie yes your advice is good about not pushing it to many days in a row that made sense. I didn't do major walking today maybe tomorrow with my PT gal :)

Love to all....

xxooxx
 
Ohhhh, Top Gear! LOVE that show, Dave and I watch it all the time!!!!

It really is amazing how our pups can make us feel so much better, my little Shih Tzu Tater has been such a wonderful therapy dog. He gets up in my lap and beside me in the chair and just sits with me. Makes me feel so good! I can't wait until you're able to have Miles back all the time.

I agree with Cardie about the walks and taking it easy. I'll let you know tomorrow how I feel after today's outing! LOL I may be in bed all day tomorrow, but hopefully not.

xoxo
Buffi
 
Happy puppy walking to my good friends Sarah and Buffi... and all the cuddling. - enjoy:)

I can see you both smiling all the way down here in OZ :) :)
 
Yooooohoooooo Everyone!!

I had a good therapy session today and YES we walked my corridors with the cane and my PT gal was very happy with me. I'm starting to realize or maybe acknowledge I have a little fear thing going that's what's holding me back. I've always been super super protective of myself since my car wreck all these 20+ yrs ago when I say protective I mean very aware of my footing, surroundings just I case I was to fall, so basically my fear level is a little high right now, silly but makes sense. My goal starting tomorrow is to walk out in the corridor with the cane and just remember heel to toe and keep bum in! Yes tighten those bum muscles hehehehehe!!

Buffi hope you read this congrats on the weight loss!! Wish I could say the same I'm not sure how much I weigh because I don't have a scale, I'm worried my 35lbs of hard work that I had loss before surgery could be shaky hahahaha! My friends have this awful habit of bringing me such yummy comfort food today was Salisbury steak, mash potatoes and macaroni cheese Ohhhhh delic! Pus a huge pecan pie ohhhhh dear, another reason I better get walking seriously now. Just thought though in the next few weeks and months the one big hope I have is getting back to great walks outside 4 years ago I would walk daily 4 miles this was when my hip became an issue. I don't need to be an Olympic athlete I love a good walk that's my end goal to do this and not bein agony afterwards!!

I've babbled!! My pain meds are kicking in.....gotta love laying here with my ice pack too ummmmmmm pecan pie is calling my name thank goodness I don't have ice cream or cream here!!

Love to all...

Sarah

xxooxx
 
Hiya Sarah

You can now officially take over from me as the "food lover poster", Hehehehe!!

Must admit though, it is a roast on the menu for dinner tonight here.. Lots of veggies though!

Glad you had a good PT session. My hubby has a saying "who dares wins" ... so my friend the hall is calling you tomorrow :) xoxoxo, Sandy
 
Great goal Sarah. Lots of heel, toe walking. You are on your way!
 
Hi Sarah, just checking in to see how you are doing. Pretty good, eh? Heel toe and keep the bum in sounds like good advice - I wish I could borrow your PT lady for a session. An Alexander Technique teacher I had once used to say to me, 'remember, you're taking your pelvis for a walk', which is kind of the same thing, I guess - leading with the pelvis. Hope you make it to the end of the corridor today! Happy Christmas!
 
Have a nice time in the corridor today and don't lock yourself out! :th_heehee:

Insightful that you recognize the part of your self that is ultra cautious -- embrace that as you are only weeks out from surgery and do need to be cautious... still.... There will be time for kicking up your heels in the months to come!

Take care,
Cardie
 
Sarah - Sounds like a great PT session! I totally understand the cautious part, I'm feeling that way, just a little scared to totally trust the leg just yet. I have moments where I feel like I can get up and walk by myself totally normal but then there are those moments when I know I can't do it alone. Gotta find that balance. I hope you make it down the corridor all the way!! Thanks for the congrats on the weight loss, it's a start for me but I'm awfully proud!

Keep up the great work!!!! xoxo
 
Hello ladies.....

Yes!! I made it down the corridor a couple of times alone on my cane and felt fine, no fear. Tomorrow when Bonnie (PT) gets here goal is to walk further over to the area where I would have to take Miles for a pee it's a decent walk.

I'm going to be sad she only comes 2 more times, tomorrow and one day next week and she sounds confident the dr will release me and hopefully to out patient therapy which she doesn't do boooohoooo! It has made a difference having a good PT person, not so much the exercises but this whole time she has been my anchor to building my confidence.

Hope everyone is well today!

xxooxx
 
You are going to be just fine without her Sarah! You can always stay in touch as friends...it will do you good to start the outpatient PT. Will you have transportation to get there? How will you manage it? Just curious...
 
Hey Sarah. My visiting PT was great too. But so is my in-patient PT. In fact, she was recommended by my visiting PT (hint). The next step to something different is always a challenge. But it also means you are advancing in your recovery...and THAT is a great thing. :-)

Lou
 
Thanks Lou and Janet,

Janet my post OS appointment is Dec 29th I'm pretty confident he will clear me for driving, that will be my next big step then I can drive to a therapy session.

What's funny kinda! I go back to work in 2 weeks ughhhhh!! Which I probably will be ok I work from home so I have quite a bit of flexibility (HA! Not in my leg right now...joke) I can wiggle my hours a little as long as I get my work done, I'm a little concerned with my energy level, as of today I'm not going to worry about this I figure once I get to the OS appointment I can see how I feel then, my disability note is written as 6-8 weeks and the date I return is 5 weeks. We'll See!!

At the end of the day if I can walk, walk, walk I think the recovery will come naturally now. I'm ok with the exercises but have not been perfect GASP!!

xxooxx
 
Good progress made.

Pecan pie homemade is great. The store bought is good. Cool Whip Lite works for me. Keep at it. Miles will be home soon!

My 80 lb Black lab thinks she is a lap dog. Gotta clear the end table before she jumps or she will with that tail of hers.:doggieshmooze:
 
Thank you Goatram,

Here is a photo of Miles with his BFF....Beau is a fabulous 85lbs yellow lab who really only likes people and the opposite for my boy who only likes other dogs, whats been fun to watch they love each other Miles follow's Beau around and Beau is very gentle with him, playful but knows when to relax. This photo was taken a few days ago at my friends house. Yes Beau is a lapdog too!!

Buffi....Miles is a Lhasa mixed with a poodle, hes about 20lbs, hes really my little minature English Sheep dog!!

Im having problems loading photos from my iPad so ive had to come back to my laptop and hopefully its going to work right now!

Night Night!!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] DallasSarah post op update!
    Miles.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 164
Hi Sarah

How gorgeous are both of the dogs. I can see why you can't wait to have Miles home with you... He looks so cuddly.. What good friends they are.. Thanks for the photo, it is good to have the visual image of Miles now. xxx, Sandy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom