Guest viewing is limited

THR DallasSarah post op update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah you are doing great! I'm just amazed at the progress you're making. I don't go back to my OS until the 9th but I'm assuming that I'll be released and will return to work at least partial days on the 10th. I went up to my office today just to see everyone and they were amazed at the progress.

I just love your Miles stories and am thrilled you have a buddy to walk with. He sounds like a great pup! Give him a kiss for me!!

Take care xoxo
Buffi
 
:thumb: Excellent report, Sarah!!! I'm so glad all went well for your post-op visit and that your restrictions have been lifted.
 
Here is a photo of the new hip! Hope quality is ok i just scanned from a paper photo copy.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] DallasSarah post op update!
    Sarah New Hip.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 153
Fantastic Sarah, such good news across all aspects..

Ritual burning of the TEDS coming up :)

Very happy for you :)
 
Wonderful news Sarah! So very happy to hear all of your stories - I love the doggie stories - you're very lucky to have such wonderful, loving canine friends! :doggieshmooze:
 
Beautiful surgical work Sarah... Your hip was in good hands and you and Miles will walk far with it xx Sandy
 
Looks GREAT! One question on the cane....how long did it take for you to get use to walking with it and what kind are you using? One with feet or just a simple cane?

Oh and I thought I'd share a pic of my sweet little buddy Tater, we have 5 but he's my bestest litle buddy
 
I find that using one elbow type crutch makes me feel more stable than a walking stick/cane. You use it in the same way as a cane - would that be an option Buffi?

And Sarah, sounds like you're making great progress. It's hard to find the balance between being over cautious and overdoing it.
 
wow, Sarah, been away for a while so it's great to catch up with all your good news. I'm green with envy that you are able to walk such long distances with Miles and your doggy friends! I'm still stuck in the house on my rest routine, and all I can do is fetch a bucket of soapy water when John comes back off the moors with a filthy muddy dog to wash! I think Susie has forgotten what I'm good for, as all I do at the moment is cuddle her, but she's being very patient.

Anyway, just wanted to congratulate you on your amazing progress. Now going to check on Buffi as she had her THR the same day as you and me...

Happy New Year!
 
Hi Sarah,

Great report from your follow-up with the PA! I also had one of those fantastic plastic bandages over my incision and showered with it as well. You didn't have any staples or stitches to be removed, right? I had those annoying little steri-strips after my staples were removed.

Nice to hear that the TEDS are off and you'll be enjoying some spinach salads pretty soon! Good luck with the walking, it will improve with time. I didn't get on the treadmill for a while either and it was really more to work on my stride vs. the gait. I was having some trouble with getting my leg to move fully through the range of motion in walking, it didn't want to go back behind me very much...

Did you get some Phase II exercises from your PA to do at home? That's usually where the clam exercise appears, it helps in strengthening some buttock muscles which in turn help with walking less limpy. You will feel less fragile in time as you start the long list of first time experiences with your new hip. Napping is good, glad you got the reminder from the nurse on that important aspect of recovery! :thumb:

Happy New Hip Year!!
Cardie
 
Happy day report!

Cardie you are a gem! I had read your earlier comment about putting hold off on the 2nd round of therapy hopefully didn't read that wrong, yesterday I was going to dive in, then this morning I woke up and thought heavily about what you had said and it makes sense to hold of for a moment. I'm going to take the first couple of weeks and get use to having no restrictions, peeing on a normal toilet, continue to walk Miles tons and yes start work Tuesday which in the grand scheme of things is plenty for me to accomplish, the thought of throwing in 3 trips a week for therapy naaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Today was a great day. My friend came with me to the supermarket, YES I drove super easy! We putzed around by time we got home I was tired, then some minor things at home like laundry, sheets, our maintenance guys came over to do some touch up painting. Then Jack suggested I went for the 4pm walk with Miles and his wife joined us along with my friend who took me to the store with her two dogs. An hour later we got home I was completely exhausted but not hurting. Let me say this I'm going to sleep very well tonight and Miles right now is laying next to me snoring!! He has one more short walk before bedtime.

Cardie thank you for those pearls of wisdom! Oops no I did not have any stiches or strips just that plastic sheet over my hip.

Sending lots of love to all.....

xxooxx
 
Oops sorry forgot to ask clams is this a new seafood or sushi dish. I'll learn about clams in a few weeks right now my heel to toe ritual seems quite appropriate along with squeezing my bum!!
 
Beware the clam shells, they're hard!!

Lisa...I have not seen any of the elbow crutches out at any stores so I'm going to have to contact the home health care people if I want to try them.
 
Sarah,
Congratulations on the lifting of the restrictions! Did you enjoy burning the TEDS? I know you are enjoying all the walking with Miles and it is great to read about it.
Best wishes for a Happy New Year!
 
Happy New Year Anita!

I'll email you tomorrow, last night I wrote a long winded post on your thread about coming to my show in NY that's why you have a comment from Sandy about needing a make over, I'm sure this won't make too much sense. Hours later in the middle of the night I had this weird feeling I had posted to much information about myself and deleted the message, silly but true. I'll write tomorrow, it's my trade show it's in NY April time. Silly because I love everyone on our website, just had an odd feeling maybe.....no big deal!

Have a great weekend!

xxooxx
 
Hi Sarah,
Just tried to send a reply to you, but got the message that you cannot receive private messages. Really want to talk about your suggestion - please check your message settings so I can respond. Hope we can speak soon.
 
Anita...

It looks like all the options are checked correctly to accept emails, for some reason I've had problems with this. I can friend you maybe that will help, I know Sandy can email me.

Worth a try!
 
Morning Everyone!

Someone once told me what you do New Years Eve is a good vision of what the following year has in store for you. Right now I'm having such a good day!

Up early 6 am took miles for his morning pee, then coffee, yep I did take 2 pain pills (preventative plus little habit right now) fed Miles watched morning news, we were both snuggled in my bed under feather duvet and then we napped for about an hour "heaven" then Jack came around 10 took him for his hour long walk. Me shower, shave legs finally! Then stripped down bathroom took out raised toilet, cleaned WAIT i cleaned bath tub completely no gadgets by hand and only thing left in bathroom is the shower bench my tub-shower is a little slippery so it can stay a few more weeks. Put rugs back down! Also cooked a great bolonaise meat sauce, in between dusting, tidying up. Windows open and feeling super duper groovy! Definitely not over doing things either, the fast few days I have just been feeling good! Do I get sore and tired on those long outside walks YES! Is it killing me in pain NO I think that's been helping me build my stamina and flexibility!

I'm moving very well also, I do limp without cane but not painful and I do try to catch and correct myself. My goal today is have my place nice and clean for tonight nice and easy, plus very calm. Miles is on my bed fast asleep.

Life is good!

Hope everyone is also having a good New Years weekend!

xxooxx
 
Wow - you are really well! Lots of activity. Well done Sarah! 2012 is off to a great start.
 
Sarah, great report! Sounds like you are really enjoying your new freedom! Hope to be there in 2weeks as I catch up to you!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom