THR Complex THR....has anyone else been through this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Vida, so sorry your knee is playing up, after all the hard work and patience with your super-successful hip. I hope the shot helps when you get it. One thing at a time hey?

I use a product with MSM - they're drops, also containing Silicium, Zinc, Borium, OPC & Selenium. Not only good for bones but also for the vascular system, skin, nails and hair! :tada: I'm using ANYTHING that may help with bone ingrowth ('cause of the dodgy stability of the implant) UNTIL my 6 month check. Then I'm done.

The thing is, you don't know if any of these products REALLY help (no scientific evidence) because you have no idea how you'd be if you didn't use them? A bit Catch-22 in a way. None of them are cheap either (funny that?). I stopped taking Glucosamine for this reason. You can go on and on taking it; even though you notice no improvement, you're too scared to stop in case it all gets worse. Being put on the waiting list for a THR was enough to make me stop.

I can imagine your knee is frustrating you, hang in there.
 
Eee Cardie C Mac; you rudie :rotfl:

Vicki, I'm gutted that after all your brilliant progress you are now having this knee problem. Good job you are made of stern stuff and won't let it hold you back. It's great that you can continue with your cycling and you can still do your floor exercises and walnut crunching for operated hip.

Most of us are with you with the leg behind neck move, it just looks plain daft anyway.lol

Take care

Ann.x.
 
Hi Honorary Diane! I've finally caught up on your thread. You've had such a long haul with your hip. Bummer that your knee is playing up. I hope the injecton gives you some relief, I've heard that it can be quite successful and provide more time before surgery is needed. Do you have a date for it?
 
octopus Not yet Diane, I am putting it off I suppose, as I'm currently coping with a corneal ulcer of all things. Hopefully my luck will change soon so I can continue breaking in my new hip. I need a vacation! You seem to be doing really well, I'll pop by and check in on you. Nice of you to think of me.
 
Sooty So lovely to hear from you. I agree about the supplements, it's a bit of a leap of faith. I have a big bottle of glucosamine and when it's empty, that's it for me.This joint thing seems to have a domino effect...fix one bit, another bit you ignored starts screaming. But not for you younger guys...in my case it must be part of the aging process. I hope your hip eventually does as well as mine... I am sure it will. It is hard to imagine how it was 6 months ago, I am excited by every new achievement - a stretch, an exercise I couldn't do before, the ability to wear some snappy boots instead of runners. Nothing huge but everything positive. When I get the knee in line, I am off somewhere hot. Keep in touch, we miss you.
 
octopus Not yet Diane, I am putting it off I suppose, as I'm currently coping with a corneal ulcer of all things. Hopefully my luck will change soon so I can continue breaking in my new hip. I need a vacation! You seem to be doing really well, I'll pop by and check in on you. Nice of you to think of me.
Course I think of you :) What is the treatment for a corneal ulcer? Sounds irritating and painful.
 
octopus Drops that sting a lot, 9 times a day. Don't seem to be helping, it's 5 a.m and I am too sore to sleep...or be on my ipad. Hope you are having a better day, well that every day is a better day! Are you doing your gorgeous artwork?
 
Hi VIcki
On top of all the hip and the knee, where did that corneal ulcer thing came out? Did you had an acute damage or has this been around for a while? I may be of help about the c ulcer issue. Let me know the details.
Selin
 
octopus Drops that sting a lot, 9 times a day. Don't seem to be helping, it's 5 a.m and I am too sore to sleep...or be on my ipad. Hope you are having a better day, well that every day is a better day! Are you doing your gorgeous artwork?
I really hope you feel better soon, this is too much. I am doing well, I'm starting to use one crutch around the house. I've made a plan to move home next week, Tuesday or Wednesday. I did have a bit of a down day yesterday, not full on misery though. It was a lot of little things getting to me at once, and getting a bit stir crazy. I'm not dong any art as such, because I find it uncomfortable to sit for long, and am a bit worried about sitting too upright at a table because of the 90 degree rule. But I did collect a lot of info about THR, so I'm working my way through that, sticking in it my journal. This i can do reclining.
For you: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile:
 
octopus Try using a cushion on a slant so you can comfortably sit at a table without breaking restriction. I bought a slanted foam block so I could go out for lunch and sit at my PC. Can't wait to see what you do with your hip material.... such a creative woman!
 
Ouch Vicki, that cornea ulcer sounds very painful, sorry to hear you have that to deal with too and drops nine times a day, just awful especially as they don't seem to be working. Is it possible tha they can take quite a few days to show any improvement.

Keeping everything crossed it gets better soon

Big hugs

Ann.x.
 
Anniepops Thanks dear Ann...I feel a bit better today. Got new meds on Thurs, one drop 3x a day and 6 horse pills. That's more like it. Think it is working...I don't look (or feel) like I've been punched in the face. Hope all is well your end. X
 
That's good news Vicki, I'm glad you've got some new meds. Hopefully you'll be feeling better in no time.
 
Hi Vicki,

I hope your eye is feeling and getting better. I saw your post in Ann's thread about your friend's commentary on how you were walking and that you weren't really swinging your arms whilst cracking your walnut and pressing your Ta-Tas out... I know, it feels hard to have to add in another factor to the walking equation but it is important... Surprise, there is broken link removed: https://www.egoscue.com/meetpete.php out there and it incorporates some rationale about how swinging the arms helps to make your gait more fully functional. I can't remember all the details, but I remember noticing that I had the same problem when I had a shoulder injury a few years ago and also at one or more points during my hip recovery. If you can get your arms moving in a nice semi-exagerated fashion you may find that your legs will also stride out more fully and in a more balanced manner. And it's not about swinging your behind in a sexy way -- not that exaggerated, you want to keep your core engaged and your pelvis stabilized.

The good news is that eventually this does become a bit more automatic and less robotic if all your parts are feeling happy and cooperating. I think it's the way regular people walk in real life -- those folks we watch while we are sitting on the bench of the boardwalk eating some ice cream :)

Back to our regularly scheduled programming...
Cardie
 
Vida, Okay enough is enough now your poor eye. The fates can not keep up this pace,so hopefully they will leave you alone soon
 
C Mac Thanks so much, will look into that! This morning was absolutely gorgeous here so we did a seawall walk... three miles of concrete pathway along the ocean with spectacular views. Up to now I've been walking on soft trails close to home and haven't done this particular walk in at least 18 months because of pain and rain. I had no problem and I practiced swinging my arms on the way out... although on the way back, I held hands with my husband. I'm afraid we are that couple!!!! Happy Easter Sunday Cardie.
 
Aww sweet Vicki, it's lovely to still hold hands, we do...well, we do if I haven't got hubby carrying all my bags of shopping :) and I think we have always done it as I needed him to give me a bit of extra support whilst walking too. Now I just do it cos it's nice although I'm sure our older lads find it quite cringing if they are out with us.haha.

Cardie, Ta-tas...love it, very funny, never heard that before, sounds more polite than our 'knockers' :heehee:

I'm so pleased to hear the new medication seems to be doing the trick Vicki, bout time too I say. Hope you are feeling much better today and have got some nice Easter chocs to munch on.

The swinging of arms walking thing, I actually really try to do this when I am out walking, I think you may have mentioned this to me before Cardie a while ago and so I continue to do it. I feel it does help with the gait but I still am practising the sexy walk when nobody is around, I like it even though I know I still look like a daft lass.haha. I do the more serious stuff in public though, walnut clenching pelvis stabilised act like I am carrying a pail of water and trying not to spill it..the list goes on.

Take care Vicki

Ann.x.
 
bellaroma Honestly I haven't got much going on compared to a lot of people out there. The eye isn't sore any more and the fuzzies are gradually receding. It was an odd thing to happen.... and I read it can be triggered by stress and surgery. We are having superb weather here right now (although full sun is just what you want with a sore eye, why didn't i get it between November and mid-March?) Anyway, our rain returns tomorrow, so I am going to get another lovely long walk in today. I hope you are coming along Beth: what sort of weather are you having? You don't say where you are.... I guess it could be snow!

Anniepops Ann, do you do the sexy walk when you are out with the dog? I have visions of you sashaying around the fields. I don't think my advanced penguin is too sexy but I think the arm-swinging is pulling it all together. I did wind up with back ache after yesterday's walk but I am sure that's to be expected. Going to scan mailonline (guilty pleasure, not deeply intellectual) and catch up with what's happening to my tribe! I may be Canadian but I am still a Brit at my core. Vicki
 
Yes Vicki, I only do the sexy walk when out in the wilds, definitely do not want any spectators to that, they would probably think I wa imitating John Cleese or something.haha.

Pleased to hear the arm swinging is coming along nicely, penguins can be sexy you know...well, to other penguins anyway :heehee: I bet we don't look half as awkward as we perceive ourselves to be looking, adjusting to a whole new way of walking does take quite some time. Sorry to hear about the backache, hope that is just a minor blip. We cannot be having you getting any further issues, you have had your fair share now :)

Good to hear you are still a Brit chick in your heart...you can take the girl out of Britain but...I'm sure you know the rest. Take care, easy with that back.xxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom