THR Complex THR....has anyone else been through this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. @Josephine my mind has been deflected from various orthopaedic issues with a sudden breast cancer diagnosis. I had a mastectomy 4 weeks ago to remove a large tumour, one of several, it all happened extremely fast. Fortunately the pathology looks good and I will likely be on tamoxifen. Unfortunately I have developed a very painful infection. Oral ABs aren't helping, so today I will probably go into hospital for IV treatment. Can this affect my so far very successful hip replacement?

Also, I would just like to remind women struggling with hip pain pre surgery and focused on post surgical recovery NOT to neglect BSE and/or annual physicals as I did. I guess I just stopped being vigilant given everything else going on. I know I am lucky but I would not wish anyone else to go through my experience in the last six weeks.
 
Oh Vida, so sorry to hear about your diagnosis! Be careful, chemo affects a lot of your ability to fight infection. It is definitely a good idea to deal with it aggressively. I'm keeping you in my thoughts.
 
Oh Vicki! I'm so sorry to hear about your breast cancer. I'm thinking of you and sending you lots of love. xxx
 
Vicki, I am so glad you caught everything in time and your prognosis is a great one. Keep your chin up.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom