Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

Oh dear, @danelady
Now you really have been through the wringer, as they say. I didn't know that expression before. I learned it on Bonesmart. You see how valuable Bonesmart is. They not only give us useful hip advice but also "listen" and read, when there is something that's preoccupying us and there is the supplementary benefit of improving my English:).

I don't want to pity you, I know you are really tough and have a good sense of humour. But I understand you. Silly burocrats at the bank and silly medical staff. They are so narrow-minded. I had experiences like that, too, and I also yelled at the person involved then. By the way, being discriminatory against the disabled is illegal in Germany. I'm sure it is in the US, too. If they were insulting or something on the basis of you not being able to walk or don't provide you with the medical care you need, I'd take them to court, I really would.

I'm glad, Val is ok, and I hope, moving close to your friends can be arranged in future. Hugs - Constanze
 
I just now caught up with reading your updates @danelady .
I have no words. I hope you get to move soon to be near your friends!! Like tomorrow, but I know that isn't possible.
It's such a horrible feeling to be robbed. There's nothing lower, especially when you are sick and in the hospital!! That's looting!
But how the bank is making you feel is even worse. Stay tough and tenacious.. wait, I forgot who I was talking to. :snork:
Hugs!!
 
Thank you so much, guys. I am once again trying to find a better, and cheaper, place to relocate to and looking at orthopedic surgeons working nearby. I found one that sounded good with good reviews but he's not taking on new patients.
Next week I'm paying a visit to a bank so we can have a little face to face time and they can explain to me exactly why they don't think my card and my money was stolen by someone I assumed was helping me after I became unable to fend for myself.

@Constanze. And thank you for making me realize that as a handicapped senior citizen (uch, I hate calling myself that, lol) I was vulnerable and taken advantage of, not only by the thief but also by the bank. So this week I call the nice lady at Adult Protective Services because I read they also do their own investigations. I mean, I've been with this bank a long time. Grrrr.

This is all such a waste of the time I have left in my life. I should be having fun, but having the support from all you guys is a great help to me in this fight.

Much love. XOXO
 
Just a quick hi. I've moved to Tucson and have become bedridden and in tremendous pain. Can't take much more. Sure there's lots more resources down here in a city but....there are so many more people it takes months to see a Dr. I finally got a new PCP, he will try and get a social worker to arrange some help for me. Have to use a patient transfer company to get me around. Can't stand up straight, back is folded in half.
Walmart a couple of miles away and they had their half price sale to join Walmart +. I can get stuff delivered in an hour. Prescriptions too. I have a nice neighbor who grows beautiful flowers, even gave me 3 plants I keep outside. I can't get out the door so he comes and waters them. Have to lay down now. Much love, take care.
 
Aww, danelady, I am so sorry. I am at a loss for words. I will hold you in prayer. :prayer:
@danelady
 
@danelady …. I’m glad you were able to move in town to be closer to friends and doctors. I understand that does mean you’ll probably have longer wait times. But hopefully you’ll see good doctors who can help you. You are a fighter and I love that you’ve been able to work out arrangements to get food, necessities, and transportation. Your BoneSmart family misses you and we appreciate that you took time to let us know how you’re doing. Our hearts are with you always.

Hopefully you’ll see that new GP soon and get something to help with the pain. I know you’ll make that discussion a priority when you have your first appointment. Sending lots of hot pink ((((HUGS)))))
 
Sending a prayer up for you Danelady :console2: Sending huge hugs too! I've prayed for a wheelbarrow full of endurance and stamina on repeat delivery for as long as you need it. A few buckets full of healing, and an early appointment too. Dig a little deeper, you'll find a little in reserve. I'm so pleased you have some lovely people near by. Those plants are such a nice gesture and hopefully they'll bloom beautifully. Thankfully, you have that delivery service too! Keep digging around for those hidden resources when you get a little window of energy. Basically keep going, keep fighting and we'll be cheering from here!

Definitely in my prayers xxx
 
@Jamie
Thank you Jamie. I told him I'm up to 10 ibuprofen every 4 to 6 hrs. He ordered gabapentin but that's just because a Dr gave me some when I had pneumonia. He said he'd start searching for a new bone dr and I told him the names of the two I refuse to let touch me again. I tried signing up for Meals on Wheels. There's a 4 month wait and they needed to grill me on how I've been eating so far. It was like talking to a wall so I said forget it and hung up. My PCP wants to see me again in 3 MONTHS. I signed a paper DNR, I said I'm tired of this, I want to me Val Kilmer.
I can't get to my mailbox, can't get to the garbage dumpster, can't get to my pickup. I mentioned it to everybody but you know, everyone's busy. I have 5 steps and no ramp. The only thing I brought down was a table, some clothes, a bed and my bedside commode. 3 months toll the next dr visit. How will I make it? I told him if I even suspect someone is lying to me I'm gone. I'm tired of this endless fight to have a life again.
 
Thank you so much Deni444 and Constanze.
I went downhill real fast when I got here doing things like checking up on my new bank card, waiting 2 weeks for my new mailbox key. Post offices don't have a drive up windows, lol. Also changed my vehicle insurance and got AAA, wanted to be safe in the city...crazy, crazy accidents here! But when I went to see the new agent they were all the way in the back of the huge office. I guess using the stairs and all the walking just crippled me.
Constanz, I will definitely ask for something stronger. Dr suggested something for the pain but I'm not supposed to mention it on this forum. My friend gave me some but I can't find it. It's probably in the truck gonna need to take about 3 gabapentin and get down those stairs and into the truck to find the natural painkiller which is totally legal in the state of AZ.
Thank you for all your support.
 
What a terrible situation you are in right now, but you do have some nice neighbors. That's rare in the city! Walmart's delivery is a wonderful, useful tool, and I've used them frequently when unable to get to the store. I've never been disappointed in their service. Jamie's suggestion about contacting PCOA should help you.

Prayers are being sent out for you and for your complete healing!
 
Many many hugs to you @danelady !! Please don't give up,, things can still get better. I know it was very difficult to make the move but am so glad to read your update and see that you did.
So, try to get that pain under control,, surely the doctor will prescribe something better for you. Then maybe you can get around a little better.. or at least rest more comfortably.

I was able to snag that same half off deal for walmart plus. We love having that.
I hope to see more updates and that you begin feeling a bit better...:console2::prayer:
 
:dancy:WOWEE!
I gave my mailbox key to my neighbor so he could check mine whenever he checks his and there was a REFERRAL LETTER for me to see a new ortho! Wee haw! Calling them first thing in the morning! The number is for the Tucson Orthopedic Institute near me and I had noticed months ago there was a surgeon there who has a 4.9 rating. I don't know who I'll be seeing but I'll be sure to let you know!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom