Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

@Layla
Thank you for your kind words, Layla, they are greatly appreciated. I did get to visit Val after the pneumonia. I wasn't really ready for the hour ride but seeing her and loving on her helped tremendously. She has 5 acres to run on with plenty of wildlife. My pickup needs maintenance and I'm slowly doing it: this weekend it gets 4 new all-terrain tires. That's what's been holding me back from visiting her again. Well, that and finally having cataract surgery.

And it's not just losing Val, I'm unable to care for ANY dog while I'm in this condition. I did get to hug and kiss on someone's dog about a month ago. What it did for me, how good I felt afterwards made ne realize that's what I'm missing in my life!
Thank you again, Layla and much love.
 
I remember you too @danelady and I’m so sorry for your truly terrible trials and troubles, far more than anyone deserves and can bear.
Sending support from over the pond and we are all here for you.
 
My goodness is all that I can think to say. You have endured it all and have come out on the other side. Good for you. I can't even imagine everything you've been through. But, alas, that's behind you now, and your ready to start feeling better and feeling like yourself. Sepsis is awful, but you’re moving forward. It doesn't matter that its at a snails pace, its forward.

I'm glad your back, teeny tiny baby steps and a snails pace works. Its all forward. You've got this!
 
@eaglemom @Legseleven
Thank you so much. I'm not going fool myself anymore, just because I'm getting better now it in no way means the fight is over. I could find myself unconscious and face down on the ground...again, with no idea why. The fact that I'm healing at least proves to me my body still has some fight left in it.

To stand up on 2 legs again, to place one foot in front of the other and move on those legs is what we do as human beings.

And they, the drs, left me like this...
 
Hi @danelady I'm very happy to read an update from you, even though you've gone through so much. Just wanted to give you a big hug. Constanze
 
Danelady, you know the saying, “ one day at a time.”
You’ve been traveling a very rocky road.
I’m just happy to see you posting again. You know we are all here to support you, might not have all the answers you are looking for but it’s a great place to vent and feel heard.
 
Stopping by to say :hi: and sending a hug for the day in case you need one!:friends:
@danelady
 
@Layla
Dearest Layla, thank you for stopping by, hope you are well!
I'm actually composing a message to ask everyone's opinion on my plans going forward.
I'm in this predicament because of all my bad decisions so maybe I should ask other people for their opinion first.
I must finally start to see myself as being handicapped the rest of my life and plan accordingly. If things change for the better I can live with that but I have to take my blinders off and learn new ways to camp, go fishing and just get myself around.

I've tried to find groups with mobility issues but all the handicapped people I've found here in Tucson are tucked away in assisted living places with no desire to travel or have hobbies. And the local health-care professionals tried to do that to me as well!
That sepsis nearly killed me but it didn't. I guess they didn't expect me to be able to sit up again, get out of diapers and take myself to the bathroom. My hip that had finally been improving became extremely painful again and stopped improving.. .but only temporarily. It took a year to get both my legs into the tub to take a shower so I can't give up now.

Anyway, I'll get back later!
Much love!
 
Hi danelady,
It's understandable to look back and wish we'd made different choices, we all do this. We usually make our decisions based on the circumstances, information, or gut feelings at the time. I think it's wise that you're focusing on what you can do moving forward rather than dwelling on the decisions of the past. Give yourself the grace you deserve, this has been an unexpected and rough road you're dealing with.
My heart goes out to you always. :console2:

I'm glad you haven't lost all hope that your situation may improve, but you're looking for ways to adjust to the way things are now so that you can still partake in and enjoy life.

I PTL the sepsis didn't take your life. :prayer:You're still here and still have a purpose as long as you have breath in your lungs. I fully understand you wouldn't want to be in an assisted living situation, but if you were, I can imagine you stirring up the place, bringing joy to the residents lives and everyone loving you. However, until you feel ready for that, if ever, we need to find ways for you to successfully get back to living to the best of your ability.

Information found through a quick online search -

Direct Advocacy & Resource Center - It's Tuscon's Center for Independent Living and helps people continue living in their own homes. There is peer support, help with independent living skills, advocacy, information on accessible housing, home modification programs They offer connections for transportation and share community resources.
1001 N Alvernon Way, Tuscon, AZ (520) 624-6452

A few other places you can research are -
Edith Ball Adaptive Recreation Center - adaptive fitness, warm water therapy, recreation / social activities for adults with disabilities. Helps build confidence and reconnect with community.
1000 Randolph Way, Tuscon AZ (520) 791-4504

Southern Arizona Adaptive Sports - Offer adaptive sports and other recreational opportunities for adults with physical disabilities and is as much about "community" as it is exercise. (520) 370-0588

Miracle Square - Supportive independent housing for low income seniors and adults with disabilities.
2601 N Oracle Rd, Tuscon, AZ (520) 624-5860

Interfaith Community Services - offers transportation, help at home services and other supports to help you continue living independently.
Multiple Tuscon locations. (520) 297-6049

I hope there are one or more places listed above that you haven't contacted and you're successful in finding resources to help you reconnect with the life you want to live, and offers support in taking next steps forward.

You are loved, danelady! :roseshwr:
@danelady
 
@Layla
Thanks so much, Layla! I had no idea there were sports and recreation groups for adults!
And tomorrow morning I'll be at Interfaith when they open at 8a to check them out.

Thanks again!
 
Dane,
You have zest for life and a desire to take back some of what was taken from you.
We’ve all made lousy decisions in our lives but that usually teaches us a life lesson and we learn from it.
And you have as well.
So now let the next chapter begin, whatever that looks like.
I wish you peaceful and healthier happy days.
 
You're welcome, danelady.
I wish you the best as you check out these resources. Big Hugs!
@danelady
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom