Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

@Tawney, thank you for the recommendation. He looks like a good surgeon for consultation.

@danelady, do you know of this doctor and is he in any of the groups where you’ve gone? He does complex hip and knee reconstruction, so that’s definitely the expertise you need. You might give him a try if this next doctor you’re seeing doesn’t work out. Yours is a special case, but I truly believe there is a special doctor out there who will be able to help you.
 
Last edited:
@Tawney. Wow. 5 point buck! :heehee:
But seriously, I was given the name of a Dr....Cho or Chow or something...that was in the Phoenix/Chandler area. He and his followers professed him to be the best in the state. Here be the problem, matey, I should have gone to him first since there's a $5,000 entry fee to walk thru the gilded gates.

It's obvious I'm on the get-lost list. I've plenty of company here all like me, didn't do enough proper research, didn't do my do diligence. Guy comes at me with a sharp scalpel and I just that he knows what he's doing. A mistake I'm still paying for.
 
@Jamie Sure, I recognize the name because they all worked in the same office, lol. Can you believe my surgeon, Gonzalvez now has a 4.9 rating??? Well I'm happy I was able to lend my once strong body as the sacrificial truck driver in his effort to become a better dr.

I'm suffering I want to scream at him! You took my life and you don't even care!!l

Bah, I have a new stone in my shoe now. Had my first visit with my new pcp and they handed me a copy of their assessment....of me. Has telling the truth simply just gone out the windows? Or is it 'do and say whatever you need to do and say to keep the insurance companies off our backs'. ***sigh***
 
I’m the one who recommended Dr. Jimmy Chow in Phoenix. I am sorry you weren’t able to make that trip to see him or fund the expense at the time when you first needed surgery. And I’m sorry that Dr. Miller is part of the clinic you’ve already been to. I was afraid of that as Tucson isn’t all that large a city.
 
Let's all join hands and sing a chorus of Kumbaya, cause baby...I gots an appointment with that orthopedic surgeon I'd been hoping to see! (as she does a moonwalk across the hospital hall)
Ok, OK settle down. He's going to take a look and see if there's anything he can do
Sounds like a brave man, lol.

When he starts explaining everything to me I'm going to look him straight in the eye, asking him if he'll feel comfortable taking my life from me like that other dr. Ask him if he's prepared to spend his life sitting in a chair, unable to do the things he loves doing.

I told the girl on the phone I'll have to put off getting my hair cut even though I know I'm starting to resemble Bride of Frakenstein, lol.

So remember boys and girls; it's the same bat time and the same bat chanel!!
 
Hi danelady...such great news!! I am very happy for you.
Walking alongside you, virtually, as many have, we all know how much you're hurting and you have every right to feel angry and exhausted after all you've been through. It's been a lot! Lets hope this new surgeon might truly help you and I hope you're able to approach him in a way that opens doors to a partnership because after all he didn't cause you any harm and hopefully he's your best shot at getting your life back. I only want you to give him a chance to see you as someone he wants to fight for, not someone he needs to defend himself from. You deserve to be heard and you also deserve someone in your corner and this OS could be that person. So put on that pink stuff you look so good in and go in and slay :wink: (in the best way) Let him see your strength, your intelligence and your fight (determination) not just frustration. Go in with power and purpose and a little charm won't hurt either.
You've got this danelady! Will be rooting for you! :friends:
@danelady
 
Thank you all so much.
@Layla. You read me like a book, lol. And your warning to put the fists down and give the guy a chance before biting off his head are spot on. I mean, the other guy I went to first wanted nothing to do with my damaged hip, but this new surgeon, who has much more experience than the one I was passed off to, is willing to take a peek at it. He is my hero!

It was late in the day when Peterson's office called and I quickly answered it, something I never do. I was trying to talk to the girl on the phone but it was turning into an Abbot and Costello skit. For the life of me I could not recall who this 'Peterson' person was that she was talking about, lol. We went back and forth a few times, me asking again why is she calling me. It wasn't till she mentioned Dr Bower that the chips fell into place! They have a cancelation on Friday and did I want to come in and see that 'Peterson' person?
He wanted to see me!!!

I heard a slight snicker earlier in the conversation but now she was outright laughing. Like you said Layla, I need to start with a good relationship with Dr Peterson and his team. I'll keep them in stitches and they can give me stitches!
Thank you for all your support!
XOXO
 
Sounds like it was meant to be!
I'll keep them in stitches and they can give me stitches!
Atta Girl! :wink:
I'm excited for you for this appointment. Can't wait to hear all about it.
 
One nice story after another doing the recovery rounds today. What fantastic news! It's been quite a rollercoaster but this sounds incredibly optimistic. I love that you've decided to play nice with him too... Just on the off chance this is the one!
I have a good feeling, he could be. Let's hope so :flwrysmile:
 
Hi danelady,
I am wondering if your appointment with Dr Peterson was last Friday? if so, how did it go?
Hope to hear from you soon.
@danelady
 
Hi Layla. Thank you so much for asking.
Been wanting to say something about it to everyone, but I chickened out telling everyone how I chickened out and canceled my appointment. I left a message on their voice mail that I could not afford Dr Peterson, then I hung up but I guess Peterson really does want to see my old bones because a radiology place called me
late Friday afternoon and asked me make an appointment.

My head keeps dropping down so I'll be unconscious in 2.5 min.
Tomorrow I'll tell you about my fall... zzzz
 
No judgement here! I can see why you’ d be hesitant to start again with new doctor & finances can certainly make it more difficult.
Will look forward to hearing more.
 
Ugh, that's a tough one. While I do agree with, myglasshalffull, above...I also want to see you living the better quality of life you deserve. I wish there was a guarantee that you'll receive care that actually makes a difference. We're here for you no matter what, but I do hope you'll consider rescheduling just to hear what Dr Peterson has to offer. Please don't ever fear sharing anything with us. There are many here who care about you and we want to support you through all. I hope today is a good one. :friends:
@danelady
 
@danelady - schedule the appointment with the new doctor. He may participate in a program that makes a new surgery possible financially. I see it as a positive that they reached back out to you. I saw a quote that really helps me that you can borrow:

“What if it all works out?”
 
Okay, okay! Lol. I have another appointment this Friday to see Dr Opie. I had x-rays taken of my hip for my new primary care physician. He said 'O my, it's very bad'
I said Doc, tell me something I don't know! Lol. I'll try and send pics but try not to puke.
 
No puking here…..we can take whatever you dish out!!! I’m so glad you’re going ahead with this and will be waiting to hear what your young doc has to say. It’s no wonder that you are having problems as those temporary spacer implants are not meant for long term use. I never understood your previous surgeon saying he was just going to leave them in place….like forever……unless he had no clue what to do and hoped you’d just give up.

Stay calm for your meeting with the new guy and be sure to take your list of top concerns so you don’t forget anything and the discussion can stay positive (what can you do to help me?) and on track. Wear hot pink for luck!
 
Jamie, I know they wanted me out of their hair! I made them look bad by coming back every few weeks!
 
1748733786691.webp
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom