TKR Chugging Down the Track to Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] Chugging Down the Track to Recovery
for all your concern and support. Paul and I both appreicate everything.

Titianlady Janet2012 speccybecky skigirl robynhood Nanners kneeper
 
So glad to hear the news. It must be so hard for Paul, and you of course, to have such a slow recovery, but it's good to know he's feeling more optimistic. As the others say, hopefully next year at this time, most of this will be far behind you. :chrisglitter:
 
Paul is feeling much more optimistic now than he was when he first got home. He can tell that he is getting stronger and has accepted that this is a long term recovery for him.

Slow and steady, as they say.... :)
Yes, it is a longer recovery than I had anticipated. I didn't think I would be jumping up and doing jumping jacks after a 3 weeks, but maybe after 4 weeks?! :heehee:

The trips in the car get easier and totally without realizing it. Pretty soon the 30 minute prep time to get out to the car and then into the car seat goes down to 27, to 25 and so on. As they say, practice makes perfect!

I know about those zingers, irritating are they! But I always welcomed them as it meant I was healing.

Thanks for the update and tell Paul to keep up the good work! :SUNsmile:
 
Paul and Judy, I'm so happy to hear that the recovery is moving in a forward direction! Being able to stand with 90% of body weight on those brand new knees, for any length of time, is a very big plus! :yay: Thanks for the update!

Stay well you two and my God bless you both! :angel:
 
SOUND THE TRUMPETS [Bonesmart.org] Chugging Down the Track to Recovery BEAT THE DRUMS [Bonesmart.org] Chugging Down the Track to Recovery BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!


TA! DAH! PAUL STOOD ON HIS OWN FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS
[Bonesmart.org] Chugging Down the Track to Recovery
MORNING! HE IS SO STOKED AND PUMPED!!!!! and I am just about jumping for joy. It's taken almost three months, but we're getting there!!! Life really does just get BETTER & BETTER everyday! Just wanted to share our JOY with all of you.

I can see it's going to be a very
[Bonesmart.org] Chugging Down the Track to Recovery
 
Oh my God! Paul and Judy this brought tears to my eyes! :yahoo: What a blessing! Thank you so much for sharing and posting a picture, as we all know a picture speaks a thousand words!

A very Merry Christmas to the both of you BoneSmartie champions!
 
OH my God, that is just the best news ever!!! Oh, what a Christmas!!!!! Judy, I am beyond thrilled for both of you!!!!!
 
Judy and Paul,
Looks like Santa came and visited you guys early this year. What great news and terrific triumph for Paul. There will be no stopping him now. I can't even tell you how happy I am for the both of you.
As Jacky said it really brought tears to my eyes to see the picture. Please keep letting us know how things are going, we all revel in the improvements with you, and we all care sooo much.
 
GOOSEBUMPS HERE!!! We get excited about our little milestones, but this IS HUGE! So happy for you both!
 
Well, you just made my day. I just thought I'd read a new thread of someone new and it turned out to be your and Paul's. I had no idea of all you were going through and then that you found time to offer me support on top of it. You must be a saint! :angel:Really, though, it is so encouraging to see how hard you two have worked and persevered and slowly, slowly it is paying off. It's so gratifying to have the milestone experiences that tell you that a corner has been turned. Paul seems like a very determined fellow. I'm so glad he is able to stand and that's just the beginning. Judy, I thank you for all you do on this forum, I value the support you've given me. so may you and your family have a very merry Christmas indeed. :merrychristmas:
 
Judy Thank you for sharing Pauls progress with us and your joy and happiness. As Randi says you are always there to support everyone always saying the right words at the right time. You dont need anything else for Christmas this year do you. Just Health and Happiness for you and your lovely husband. Hope you get them both. Take Care :reindeer:
 
What fabulous news! Lots of patience and practice coming up...and baby steps in the new year! Paul is really on his way. Have a fabulous Christmas.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Chugging Down the Track to Recovery
[Bonesmart.org] Chugging Down the Track to Recovery

nmscienceteacher, robynhood, rlwintin, Janet2012, karmigirl, Titianlady, speccybecky, Jacky48, Nanners

For sharing our joy and happiness that came with Paul's standing on his own for the first time since surgery. He has managed to do it a few times since then---so it was no fluke. He can also cross his ankle over his knee to put on and take off his own shoes!

You have all be so caring, concerned, supportive, and encouraging since we left the train station on the way to surgery, the stop for the replacements, and then hopping back on the train taking us to recovery. It would be a difficult journey without you cheering us along the way. And you've all had your own burdens to carry, so we're all the more appreciative. So I repeat, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. Each of you has a special place in our hearts.
 
Way to go, Paul! :santaclap: I'm sure having your support has meant a lot to him, Judy.
 
Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic... Such wonderful news, exactly what we have all been praying for Judy - well done Paul :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom