TKR Chugging Down the Track to Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] Chugging Down the Track to Recovery
Gotta new picture to share with all of you. I'm going to put up the side view of Paul's legs before surgery showing the terrible hyper-extension( (that I've put up before)--and today's new picture of him standing on his own today--the first time for 50 seconds and the second for 1 minute 10 seconds---every little increment counts in the long haul down the track to ultimate success. Just see what a GREAT job his OS did.


[Bonesmart.org] Chugging Down the Track to Recovery [Bonesmart.org] Chugging Down the Track to Recovery These are thumbnails, so click on them for a larger view.

The new year is holding a lot of possibilities for us.
[Bonesmart.org] Chugging Down the Track to Recovery
 
Paul and Judy this is absolutely wonderful! What a fantastic Christmas gift your OS has given you both!
:merrychr: my friends! What an inspiration you both are!
 
Wow, that is really hyperextended. No wonder it is taking some time to stand and walk. But he's on his way...Yay!
 
:bells: :merrychr: :xmasdance:

Oh, Judy, I am so happy for Paul (and YOU my dear). Seeing his nice straight legs, and him on his own two feet just made this Christmas one of the best I've had. So many, many wonderful things are to come for the both of you in 2013. I have tears in my eyes as I type this just thinking about the two of you out and about enjoying everything good again.

God Bless you both, and a Merry Christmas from the bottom of my heart, Judy.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Chugging Down the Track to Recovery
[Bonesmart.org] Chugging Down the Track to Recovery
Got a new picture of Paul's legs to show what a great job his OS did in correcting the hyper-extension. I'm posting the old one and the new one, so you can see the really tremendous difference.


[Bonesmart.org] Chugging Down the Track to Recovery [Bonesmart.org] Chugging Down the Track to Recovery These are thumbnails, click for larger view. It's just unbelievable what a really good surgeon can do---and even he admitted that it took some serious tweaking to get it just right.


Well, gotta get dressed and head for the kitchen to get everything together---all the grown children and grown grandchildren and a new grandchild and new great grandchild will be with us for our traditional Christmas dinner at 1pm. Paul's gonna get a couple of the bigger fellows to stand beside him using his walker with wheels and see if he can take a step or two.

[Bonesmart.org] Chugging Down the Track to Recovery
[Bonesmart.org] Chugging Down the Track to Recovery
[Bonesmart.org] Chugging Down the Track to Recovery
[Bonesmart.org] Chugging Down the Track to Recovery
[Bonesmart.org] Chugging Down the Track to Recovery
Have a great Christmas Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



 
Looks like 2013 will be your year Judy! Well done Paul! Have a wonderful Christmas!
 
Great pictures, what a difference! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas day. That was a lot of people to host! I'd never be able to cook and get dinner ready by 1pm. We barely made it going OUT to brunch at 1pm! I hope Paul managed a step or two with the walker. The future holds much for him!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Chugging Down the Track to Recovery
Gosh I hadn't realized how long since I posted about Paul's recovery. He is having in home PT twice a week and is progressing nicely albeit slowly.He is about 3 1/2 months post op. He is now able to stand for a little over 6 minutes. And starting this week he is able to pick up each foot 15 times in a row. So we are hopeful that by next month he will be able to take some steps.


He is taking only the BoneSmart cocktail 3 times a day for discomfort. He really doesn't have much pain except for those zingers caused by recovering nerves. He is sleeping through the night most nights and still catches the occasional catnap during the day.

Got a new picture showing how his OS corrected his valgus (will repost the old pic of how knock-kneeded he was before surgery).

[Bonesmart.org] Chugging Down the Track to Recovery After surgery [Bonesmart.org] Chugging Down the Track to Recovery Before surgery (Thumbnails, click to enlarge)

Isn't it just amazing what modern medicine and a good surgeon can do!!!!
 
Slow and steady wins the race. I'm glad things are continuing to improve. Thanks for letting us know.
 
Bravo Paul!!! It's getting better every week!!
 
Sounds like progress all around. Those post op knees look pretty good. Woo hoo! :happydance: It sure does take a long time to get the muscle strength back. Glad to hear he is on the upward path.
 
Oh Judy and Paul, you both must be so happy! :) I can't believe the difference from before and after, it's just amazing, and beautiful!
Thank you so much for sharing the progress! I noticed that Paul has a small pucker at the top of his scar on the right knee just like the one I have on my left knee, I call it my knee kiss! :) Paul has come a long way in 3 1/2 months, very uplifting!

Stay well you two, soon Paul will be driving his truck, although not soon enough for Paul, however he is moving in a forward direction to make that happen! I am so proud of him! :thumb:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Chugging Down the Track to Recovery
Jebsw Janet2012, skigirl, Titianlady, rlwintin, Jacky48, karmigirl

Your support and interest is much appreciated by both Paul and myself. He is feeling so much better about his recovery now. Next Saturday, January 26, his PT is going to see if he can take his first steps. He will be exactly 4 months post op that day. So I'm hoping for another really great post next week-end. Keep us in your prayers.
 
Judy and Paul,
Paul's recovey has been inspired and inspiring for all of us, we are all pulling for Paul to get to the best point he can. Please know that my prayers are always with you both.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom