THR Cats land on their feet

Appointment with the surgeon's PA set for soon.
Why do these things always happen on holiday weekends?
 
I had to go today- grateful to get an appointment and not Monday when they are closed. Glad you got in today as well!
 
Thinking of you and hoping you receive some reassurance soon. Please keep us posted.
@luvcats
 
I had a reaction to a tic bite. Course of antibiotics. Not fun but glad to have gotten in to see my regular doctor. We are having an increase in Covid- trying to avoid urgent care.
 
Sometimes I want to have a toddler style temper tantrum but really trying to practice gratitude. Sigh.
I am right there with you.

I went in to see the PA who works with my surgeon. He actually participates in the surgeries. Unfortunately, it's a holiday weekend here. That doesn't technically include Friday, but most of the surgeons were out, including mine. So the PA looked at things. Gave me more absorbent dressings, a script for a more aggressive antibiotic just in case, and said "we'll see you Tuesday". It was his opinion that Tuesday the surgeon will open things up a little more, clean it out, and reseal the open sections.
It's been seen by someone who's opinion is educated. He doesn't think it's infected at all. It's just annoying, not an emergency. I'm kind of astonished how much fluid has come out. No wonder things hurt a lot more with all that extra pressure going on!

Getting it fixed will almost certainly push back my return to the pool, which is an important part of my lipedema maintenance. And if the PA is right, I will almost certainly not be able to attend my reenactment event next weekend. Super frustrated. I had to miss the last local event because it was right before my surgery in May.

So I have a dressing on the open spot. Which has already seeped through after 6 hours. Which is why I have puppy pad on my chair to protect it. My leg is extra sore after a busy stressful day. Go figure.

Thank you all for your invaluable support. It helped so much during the waiting game!
 
I am sorry this continues, but happy to read you were reassured that an infection is unlikely and the PA is taking every precaution, just in case. I hope the draining eases over the weekend and you experience a measure of comfort as you wait for Tuesday's appointment with your surgeon. :console2:
@luvcats
 
I know it's disappointing to plan on doing something & then have a setback & unable to go to your event but just think about the future & all you will be able to do. Best to give attention to these issues now & resolve them.
Relax & enjoy your weekend.
 
Happy One Month Anniversary!
Wish you weren't dealing with your current situation, and hopefully it's in the rearview soon.
Wishing you a relaxing holiday weekend, luvcats.
@luvcats
 
Made it through the weekend.
Saturday we went to a cookout at a friends house. I was really glad to get to go. I'm mostly an introvert, but after over a month in seclusion, I was ready to spend some time with friends. My leg barely leaked at all. I was pretty exhausted after my first public appearance of 6 hours.
Sunday my leg leaked through the bandage, but not enough to need to change it. I have a puppy pad on my recliner in case of leak emergency. Unfortunately I also had a temperature that climbed to 102.6/39 and felt decidedly unwell.
Monday the antibiotics were finally working. I felt a lot better and my afternoon temp only climbed to 101.8/38.7. I did almost nothing yesterday other than watch a very interesting documentary about the making of We Are the World. Highly recommend.

Today I finally get to see my actual doctor. I'm trying not to freak out about whatever infection there was/is.
I'm going to go sew to keep my mind off things. And I'll want my hat if I really get to go out this weekend.
 
I do not get to go out this weekend.

Because there has been fever, there has been infection. The only way to really know what is going on with infection is to go look. Surgical clean out tomorrow 10 am.

All the fingers and toes crossed that it is just the cantankerous seroma and it's little escape hole and not serious. I'll be in over night, probably awash with IV antibiotics.
 
Hang in there. We'll be rooting for you!!!!!!
 
Will have you in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow. :mooncat:You'll be up and purring again before you know it.
 
Good luck. Hopefully it is not serious and you will be back home soon.
 
Hello to everyone following @luvcats. She has not been able to get her phone to log into bonesmart in the hospital, so she asked me via email to share this message:
"I am well, got optimal outcomes, and will post whenever I get home."
Sounds like it was just fluid, but they did a thorough clean out and will be keeping her in the hospital for a few days of R&R.

How sweet of her to think of all of us, yes?
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom