Trotter
junior member
- Joined
- Jan 21, 2025
- Messages
- 56
- Age
- 66
- Gender
- Male
- Country
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I am nearly 6 weeks post op. I cannot get to sleep at all in bed. I get a pain in my knee and shin on the operated leg. Thank goodness I have a recliner to help me sleep, even if it is for just a few hours at a time. Any tips?
United Kingdom
United States
United States
Yes, fairy tales...or short memories of the pain and ups and downs of a realistic joint replacement recovery.Has anyone else come across comments like this
With any luck, they'll get the hint and....zip it 
United Kingdom

Oh yes... A friend helpfully (not). Told my husband about his 90 year old Mother who was back at work a week after hip replacement. Hubby was so exciting to tell me all about it a few days before my surgery. No wonder he went into shock upon my return home. He'd probably booked us in for couples skiing lesson the following week!Yep! My step mum enthusiastically reported how a neighbour of hers, in her 80s, was walking like a teenager after her hip replacement. Whilst I know she meant well, it's difficult when you are not recovering at the same rate. But we're all different, & as I pointed out, the neighbour hadn't had congenital hip dysplasia before surgery.Has anyone else come across comments like this?
United States
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
You can make a special access request - Google NHS special access request and your hospital trust. You will need to create a login and they will ask for identification (driving licence etc). It's all quite straightforward. I know this because I have a file of my hospital records dating back to 2007. Including xrays & MRIs! Good luck![ In UK I don't think we are allowed to have copies of our X Ray's.
Here's a link which tells you how to make an SAR in the UKYou can make a special access request - Google NHS special access request and your hospital trust. You will need to create a login and they will ask for identification (driving licence etc). It's all quite straightforward. I know this because I have a file of my hospital records dating back to 2007. Including xrays & MRIs! Good luck![ In UK I don't think we are allowed to have copies of our X Ray's.
United Kingdom
United Kingdom