Guest viewing is limited

TKR 23 months after TKR on left leg

I read though the thread you suggested, and for sure I have underskin scar tissue based on the report and I can feel where it is. I am trying to do my own gentle massage. However I don’t feel like it’s causing me much pain. So this is two months and my swelling in inflammation has decreased substantially. All of this late of movement has caused a lot of physical weakness. I am hooding to be able to get a little more mobile very soon. At least more than where I am now.

It’s very difficult to have such a longterm limitation on movement and maintain any emotional stability.
 
I am trying to do my own gentle massage. However I don’t feel like it’s causing me much pain. So this is two months and my swelling in inflammation has decreased substantially.
Well this is positive news. :thumb:
It’s very difficult to have such a longterm limitation on movement and maintain any emotional stability
I hear you and I understand how difficult it must be to live with long-term limitations on your movement, especially dealing with challenges nearly two years post TKR. All the while...coping with the other health issues, of RA and Sjogrens and the symptoms, challenges and burdens those conditions bring to your life. It is a challenge many can't even begin to relate to. You have quite a lot on your plate and I'm sorry for that. It makes sense that combined, all of this has taken an emotional toll. I don't think anyone can realize how exhausting it may be, unless living it themselves. Hold onto hope that things can improve, even though the path has been longer and harder than you expected. We're always here to listen, to care and support you through the difficult times as well as the good ones, great button. Sending best wishes for a peaceful week and also a warm hug along with wishes for your comfort. :console2:
 
I wanted to post an update and unfortunately it’s not good. I have now spent the entire summer with very limited mobility and moderate to severe pain. And my right knee not TKR I has started complaining. I had to wait almost 3months to see a physiologist, he is planning an injection near the tendon to relieve the pain so that I may be able to do some pt to strengthen muscles with starting a major flare up. Of course that coming with a 2-3 week delay. I have now started with an wxperienced individual pt person and that also took about 3months to get an appt.

Here are the things I’ve learned from all of this painful isolated time. Do your research online if you can or find someone who can. Surgeons stay in their own lane and are not specialists when it comes to considering all of YOUR bodies issues. They are surgeons. All pt providers are not the same, if they don’t understand your particular body issues they will provide a cookie cutter version of your treatment which may be perfect for a 40 year old man with no other underlying conditions. But not for your body. The other thing I most want to share is managing pain meds when you are older 70s is much more difficult than 60s. I haven’t been on this site for a while and from this post I think it’s clear why.
 
I am sorry for the pain you're struggling with and that the Summer was such a challenge for you.
Thank you for sharing your tips and observations. Hopefully others will find them useful on their own healing journey. I hope the injection brings you some relief and PT helps. Wishing you comfort in the interim. Please keep us posted.

This update was moved to your thread making it easier for you to reflect back on at a later date.
A peaceful week to you!
@great button
 
I am hoping that too. I do have the appt with the physologist scheduled for 10/9 and also weekly appt with the pt I’ve been waiting to see. So I’m hopeful. Hard to stay hopeful as I’m sure you know. I tried pain meds but my body just doesn’t wit to cope with more meds. I read something that’s making me think that part of the problem is from RA and excess fluid on the knees. My right knee keeps reminding me it’s there, which is new for me. The lack of much mobility is very problematic. And every thing says RICE but then says some movement is good. However the latest exercises set me way back to lots of pain. So movement right now doesn’t work out well for me.

I hope we both do better in October, I had concert tickets for the middle of Oct that I know I won’t use, My only plans I have now are for doctor/pt visits and I was to inflamed to go to CVS for flu shot (in the back seat with my legs up) . So I think Oct has to get better.
 

Staff online

  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Members online

Back
Top Bottom