Guest viewing is limited

PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

Also I keep getting e-mails that if I do not switch to icloud by tomorrow that my e-mail will go away and I do not know what to do/how to switch and I may need to up grade my operating system...
OH, BJ I am so sorry you are going through all this emotional turmoil on top of the physical pain. Take some deep breaths, a hot shower or nice bubble bath and know that the pain you are feeling (both physical and emotional) will not last! And I bet some tekky on here can tell you about the email. Prayers are coming your way!
 
Hi BJ,
Sorry you are having such a rough time, sometimes it seems nothing is going our way. Hope you find the script soon and and can go get your medication.
For iCloud just click on the links to switch your mail in iCloud and follow the instructions. I was hesitant but it was not as difficult as I imagined.
PS Thanks for the reminder, I just downloaded my photos before Mobile Me goes away on the 30th, again easier than I thought.
 
Oh my BJ, I’m so sorry, you really have been put through the mill. With all you’ve been through I’m not surprised you’re having a breakdown. A well deserved one at that! I know that sobbing – I’ve been there for my own reasons – and as much as it stinks I think it does help a little in the long run. I wish I had some words of wisdom about your husband. I could write the first thing that comes to mind but I don’t know if they edit the forum…….
I’d be upset over the prescription too. If you can’t find it there’s really no choice but to ride to his office for a new one. How do you do in the car? Maybe stop and take a break or two along the way – pick up lunch or coffee?
This will all work out you know, but knowing that doesn’t help much right now. You’re strong and smart and caring, you can see that in your posts on the forum. You’ll come out on top! :console2:
 
FYI, the forum has a profanity filter; so if you should use a word the filter does not like, it will become all asterisks. Which means you should edit yourself and make the necessary change. If you don't make the change and a moderator sees your post, he/she can report it, will edit it, and you will be sent a conversation. Also you are not allowed to use profanity by using funny symbols in place of letters. Just don't use ANY profanity. We do not want to offend anyone on the forum. All this and more is in Office under Forum Rules and Staff.
 
FYI, the forum has a profanity filter; so if you should use a word the filter does not like, it will become all asterisks. Which means you should edit yourself and make the necessary change. If you don't make the change and a moderator sees your post, he/she can report it, will edit it, and you will be sent a conversation. Also you are not allowed to use profanity by using funny symbols in place of letters. Just don't use ANY profanity. We do not want to offend anyone on the forum. All this and more is in Office under Forum Rules and Staff.
I had no intention of using any profanity, it was just a lame attempt at a little humor.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
It was just for informational purposes, nothing more--I wasn't suggesting that you would, but was really responding to you saying that you did not know if the forum was edited.
 
BJ, i'm sorry you had such a bad day! Sometimes there's nothing to do but person it out. Doing so in the shower is particularly effective! I hope tomorrow is better and you find the darn script!
 
Bj,

Like everyone else I'm sorry that you had a bad day. I hope you got your pain meds issue fixed. You are a kind and generous soul who deserves comfort and joy. Not that it wil help but here goes.....sending you ......

Cue Beach Boys.....
Good good good vibrations, la la la .

Chris O
 
Oh BJ I am so sorry that you are having a rough time. I read on another thread about your marriage - I am so sorry and hope you can get through these difficult times. Life is full of ups and downs but this is bad timing for you to be coping with a bad session. We are here for you my friend. Thinking of you and sending you hugs xxx
 
BJ ((((HUGS)))), I am so sorry you are going through this. We are here for you; I wish I lived closer!
Do you have any other family nearby besides your children and ex?
Hand in there and PLEASE rest and take care of yourself first!
 
Thanks everyone, for the hugs and prayers and 'good vibrations' and thoughts...

I am just so exhausted. I get up in the morning having gotten a total of 3-5 hours of sleep and wondering if or when I will ever get to sleep again. Is it possible to sleep/stay asleep??? How does one heal without sleep? I am so tired that I cannot think straight. I have lots of things to do and take care of, but without being able to think straight I am forgetting important things...

I am going to write a list, and hopefully I will not lose that list. I will try to plug away at the things that need to get done.

I think that Apple is telling me that I need to purchase a new operating system before I can switch to iCloud, so I suppose that I will have to call them and spend time stuck on hold to figure this out...
 
... I just want to lay around and do nothing. :sigh: I want to eat, sleep and recover. ... all I can think of is, "When can I go to sleep?" This is not good. :cry:

I think it is good. At barely 2 months out, following fairly intense activity and stress, eat sleep and recover is correct. You can go to sleep now, thus spake Roy ex cathedra on behalf of the El Supremo BoneSmart All Powerful Genie. So there.
Is it possible to sleep/stay asleep???
Dr Gardiner's recipe. Get large tumbler, squeeze 1/4 of a lime into it. Fill with ice. 3/4 fill with Bombay Sapphire. Top up with good sparkling tonic water (contains quinine, you know). Drink. Repeat if necessary.
 
I think it is good. At barely 2 months out, following fairly intense activity and stress, eat sleep and recover is correct. You can go to sleep now, thus spake Roy ex cathedra on behalf of the El Supremo BoneSmart All Powerful Genie. So there.
Dr Gardiner's recipe. Get large tumbler, squeeze 1/4 of a lime into it. Fill with ice. 3/4 fill with Bombay Sapphire. Top up with good sparkling tonic water (contains quinine, you know). Drink. Repeat if necessary.

Dr. Gardiner, I do not have any of these ingredients, save the ice... :loll: I am not a drinker, beyond an occasional glass of wine, and when my kids wake up and find me passed out drunk... hmmmmm... thanks for the thought though. You made me smile.
 
BJ, First I will tell you that I have been through divorce and I know that it is very emotional and difficult. I am sorry that you have to go through it.

Second, of course you are exhausted. Two long horse shows and then a trip across country---I would be exhausted too. So, you will have to pull the plug on horse shows for a little while. I also have spent a life pleasing my children--often at the cost of my own health. I understand that need to BE there for the kids---to feel like they need you and that you cannot miss anything. It was an important part of my identity too---the mom who was always there--no matter what.

But---and this is a big but---you have had major surgery two months ago. Your poor body needs more time to heal and you are trying to push it into healing. I also have impossible goals for my body----Go, go, go is my mantra of life. With my first tka, I tried to continue that lifestyle but it just did not work. With my second tka, I learned to let go a little.

If people called me controlling, I would say, no way, I am easy going. But----let my kids come into the mix and the tiger mother arrives. I did not want to miss anything--any experience, any possible time that they might need me. But, when did I teach them that I might need help sometime? I forgot all about that part.

Most people assume that this surgery is over when you leave the hospital. But, I spent the first two weeks lying on my couch. The next two weeks I still did very little physically. Now, I am just beginning to move. We had our surgery on the same day. Think about what you have done that I have not. So, it is not too late to spend some time on the couch so that those irritated tissues can heal. Do not let yourself travel for another few weeks---your kids will find someone to go with them to whatever.

When you exercise, give yourself 20 min max for an activity. swimming? NO walking in the pool in chest deep water--YES. Walk backwards, forwards, sideways---oops 20 min is up. You can put on a flotation belt and cross country ski or run, for 20 min. It will make you feel better---BUT do not overdo. As you make yourself slow down, some of the other stuff will fall into place. Somehow it is always the morning that we are late that we misplace our keys!!

Call your doc---tell him you misplaced the script and ask him to MAIL it to you since you live so far away. Assure the office that you will MAIL the other script to them if you find it. Don't worry---I have lost scripts myself, it is no big deal. If his office balks, call your primary doc and tell him you need a script, they are much more understanding.

Call Apple---they make a gazillion dollars a year, let them help you through the computer stuff. Have to be on hold---good, get ice and put your feet up while waiting. Breathe, you will and you can get through this. You will have to give your body a little more attention, however. It needs rest and quiet. Let your kids know that you overdid and that you are in physical and emotional pain. That you need help----you will be surprised that they need to help you just as much as you want to help them. It will make them feel like what they are---adults. Also, it teaches them to have compassion for others. Call a few girlfriends and tell them you need help---open up to people, you do not have to be superwoman. I like it when my friends ask for help---it enables me to ask too.

It is okay to ask a friend to listen to you. But, I did find that a therapist helped me so much during my divorce. It helped me not to unload on my kids or friends too much---or to say things that I regretted later. I knew I could unload all of my anger and bitterness to the therapist, it felt good. And, finally, BJ, crying lets the sad out of us. It's okay to cry. One night, I cried all night---I woke up at 2---still crying---I woke up at 5 still crying. I finally woke up at 7---and thought, "Wow, I feel better!" Kelly
 
Hey BJ,

Hope you're feeling better today. You are such a wonderful friend to me and many Bonesmarties here. I hope you can be a friend to yourself too and let yourself slow down and get the rest that you need so badly. Hugs!!
 
Oh my goodness BJ, what is happening? I saw your name this morning and thought I'd drop by to say hello and it looks like you are having such a hard time right now. I don't know what else I could say that the others haven't already said but know that I'm thinking of you and I'm sure you will take all this well meaning and good advice to heart and spend some time surrounding that knee with ice, DVD's and a box of chocolate. Please take care, we both have gone ( and are still going thru) so much together. Hang in there and give that little trouper of yours some serious ME time...((((((((hugs)))))))))) Linda
 
I second everything Kelly said!
Kelly, you really got the 'Tiger mother' thing so right! I know that was my usual reaction to my kids' needs/wants.
Thank you for your erudite response.
BJ- you rest up or I will drive over there and duct tape you down!
(((HUGS))))
 
BJ, sorry you're going through such a rough time. You need to rest and heal and also grieve, things will get better please take care of youself. I will kept you in my prayers.
Kim
 
I second everything Kelly said!
Kelly, you really got the 'Tiger mother' thing so right! I know that was my usual reaction to my kids' needs/wants.
Thank you for your erudite response.
BJ- you rest up or I will drive over there and duct tape you down!
(((HUGS))))

:rotfl: Thanks, I am resting and laughing, and putting my feet up and reading the posts. I had a sad day, exhausted. Thanks for the hugs, and the duck tape threat... :loll:

Linda, My son made the brownies, they are in the oven now... So there is my chocolate to be served with hot fudge sauce and ice cream in just a little while. Thanks for your hugs.

Kim, thanks for the prayers, I really appreciate them.

Bassplayer, your caring words and hugs mean so much to me. Thanks

Roy, Thanks for making me smile! :)

Kelly thanks for your understanding and coaching. I did call the doctor, the woman I spoke to told me in a short voice that the doctor will only do this once...(I felt like I was being scolded, and I tried to ignore that part) I thanked her and she will mail the new prescription. I called Apple and didn't even have to wait and they talked me through the changes, all that fretting for nothing... I did no exercising at all to day, other than walking, steps, normal daily things... I will call my counselor again, that is a good thing for me to do for myself and everyone else. I really am trying to slow down...I am...
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom