PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

Hi BJ,
I went past Blue Mountain Ski resort in PA today and wondered if that's where that picture of you was taken. PA's a big place, have no idea what part your in.
I'm sorry you had a sad day, maybe those brownies will help. They always cheer me up.
 
Hi Morning Glory, No, not Blue Mountain. I teach at a small resort called Hidden Valley Resort in Somerset county in Pa. Actually I am there now with my son. It is so relaxing to escape to the mountains, no matter what time of year and all the things at home that are shouting "do this, and do that" are not here and I feel like it is easier to chill and relax here, I always have. I am sitting here with the windows opened and listening to the rain. I find the sound of rain so relaxing/comforting and I am enjoying it. (I found out that our air conditioner is not working and I will need to get that repaired... but I am not fretting about it, so I count that as good)

The brownies were yummy. Hopefully I can sleep well here tonight, laying everything aside.
 
I know, I got treated the same way---I pointed out that at 68 I was not a big druggie threat, but they have their rules. Since he more or less told you he wants you off percoset by three months--you have not lost much!!! You can always call the primary doc, tell her/him you had the surgery,etc. They will help you out. Today my internist referred me to an occupational therapist who does lymphatic massage and she is going to look at my knee next week.

Yes, things are rarely as bad as our dread of them. I find that when I am sad, I think--okay, I can sit here and be sad or I can take a walk and feel better. Of course, none of us take the walk all the time---sadness is a part of separations. From kids who are going to college, from daughters who are starting to grow up, from our spouses---even from our former good knee life.

I am sure you will be fine--but there will be some sad days ahead of you, feel free to post your real feelings--you don't have to be "UP" for us. I am already thinking that winter should happen soon so that I can ski!! K
 
Good Morning BJ

Sounds a lovely spot to escape to - enjoy and relax my friend. Sad days are to be expected with the turmoil you have in your life but they will pass and your strong spirt will return - I promise. Take care.
 
Hi Morning Glory, No, not Blue Mountain. I teach at a small resort called Hidden Valley Resort in Somerset county in Pa. Actually I am there now with my son. It is so relaxing to escape to the mountains... I am sitting here with the windows opened and listening to the rain. I find the sound of rain so relaxing/comforting and I am enjoying it. The brownies were yummy. Hopefully I can sleep well here tonight, laying everything aside.

Between the brownies and the resort, sounds like heaven.
 
BJ- are you near Waynesboro? My older DD went to sleepaway riding camp there (Holiquin) a couple of times.
I am sure you will have ups and downs during this process. Remember that we are here for you.
Hang in there!
 
I used to ski at Blue Mountain when I lived in Washington, DC. I thought it was very challenging at the time!! K
 
Jancat, No, that is south central Pa. We are in western Pa, near Pittsburgh.

Kelly, challenging until you went west and skied the "real mountains" :loll: I do love going west and skiing the "real mountains" too. They are awesome compared to the little ones we have here.
 
So last night I went to bed around midnight, and went to sleep to the sound or the rain.:sleep: Heavenly! I awoke around 4:00 am and took a Percocet as my knee was aching horribly with the rain and humidity and no air conditioning, and I knew that I had nowhere to go. I kept waking up and dozing back off until around 11:30 am. I got up around noon. I totally enjoyed my rest and having nowhere to go and nothing pressing that I had to do. I am sitting here listening to the rain and enjoying the breeze coming in. (where is the smiley with someone sitting with legs elevated???)
 
i can agree with the heavenly sleep and being away at this time you need a break,but listening to rain NO i cant see out our windows it is that hard uk weather for weeks that bad now it sucks.
 
Awww, sorry that you have toooo much rain. You will have to take joy in something else then... My rain has subsided and it is sunny now. It is wonderful having a break.
 
We went to lunch. I am back resting on the sofa with my legs elevated, a teddy bear in the crook of my arm, contemplating taking a nap. Ahhhh this is absolutely heavenly!!!
 
Bj, good for you. Do you have a mountain house? Nice--I would love to have that too. But, I am such a bad house person that one house is plenty for me!! K
 
BJ - so sorry to hear you've been having such a bad time of it lately. No wonder you had a break down - you must have been complete drained physically and emotionally. But - by the looks of it you have kept your resolution and been taking it easy. So well done! I do hope things will get better for you soon. It's always the small things that make go over the edge. Hope teddy is giving you lots of hugs and you will try and get some sleep - the world will seem a better place!

:kittykiss:
 
Kelly, yes, I have a mountain house and love it. It truly is a lot of work keeping two homes up, but it is so wonderful to have a home away where the everyday things do not accumulate and stand by shouting to be kept up with.

Pheonixx29, Thanks for the encouragement. I have been laying around watching the olympic trials and napping off and on this afternoon. Listening to birds chirping outside my window. And, yes, Bear is giving me lots of hugs. The world is a better place indeed when one is rested up.

I used to say when my children were small, "If you get enough sleep, you can deal with just about anything." It is so much easier to stay calm and deal with anything when you are rested and your reservoirs are filled up. I have spent a lifetime taking care of everyone else and not stopping and refueling myself. It is extremely difficult to try to change those patterns at 55 and begin to stop and make sure that I am taken care of first. It is like the oxygen mask on the airplane though, we must take care of ourselves first or we will not have what it takes to take care of the others. I will continue to work at learning to tend to my needs so that I am able to be there for others. It is hard to do that also when growing up it seemed that if you did things for yourself it was viewed as selfish. Learning a new mindset, that self-care is not selfish, but essential to my well-being is a challenge that I am working through.
 
Found this one just for you BJ! [Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery I love falling asleep when it's raining outside, so peaceful.
I'm glad you finally got some rest and feeling better. You sound like a smart, strong lady who is going to be just fine in the end.
 
BJ - Your posts even have a tone of less stress....... kind of like ahhhhhhhhhhhhh...... So cool!
 
Morning Glory, where do you find those? I love it! That's me, sleeping, smiling and hugging my teddy bear.

Eliisea, Yes, That's exactly it. Ahhhhhhhh!!!! Just exactly what I sooo desperately needed.

I am laying here on the sofa listening to the water fountain in the pond just behind us, and the sound of some fireworks in the distance... just chillin... wonderful!
 
Joaniefromohio, Welcome to bonesmart! Your knee is always hot? I can feel the heat on my skin too. I do not know about always. But I find that it is generally warm and I think that is a clue that I should ice it again...
1. Have you mentioned this to your PT?
2. How much activity are you doing? (perhaps overdoing it?)
3. How often are you icing? elevating?
4. Have you ever shown signs of metal allergy in the past???
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom