PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

Awww now don't go hating me tooo much! I have always been very flexible, and my poor sister who had her knee done a week after mine is having the hardest time getting her flexion out of the 80's. :gaah: :cry: I wish you all better ROM than you have now, but you are happier with the knees that you have now than what you had before, right? Oh I sure hope that it has been worth it for every one of us.
 
OK, so here I am sleepless in Portland. I did rent a wheelchair for some of our sightseeing. Then we went out to Multnomah Falls and on our way there we stopped and saw the Wahkeena Falls. We got out of the car and walked up the path about .2 miles then came back to our rental car to find out that someone had bashed in the window and stolen my carry on bag with my Nikon 2.8 70-200 lens, my tennis shoes, my car keys (for the car that I left at the airport back home) :hissy: Not a good day!!! Waited for someone to send someone to take a police report, called the insurance man and the rental company who assured me that we could come and trade our car in for another anytime day or night out at the airport.

My feet hurt from walking in my sandals, and I really want my tennis shoes that were stolen. I hope that the insurance company replaces my expensive camera lens (it is the one that I take all of my horse show pics with). :beg: I do not know what to do about my car keys, cause now I will need the extra set from home to pick up my car at the airport when we get back home. It bothers me that they have my car keys, a house key and my travel info which includes my name, city, e-mail address... I do live across the country, but am concerned about them having these things anyway. I also am frustrated because I need a carry on bag with wheels to replace the one that was stolen to get me home.

The good news is that my purse was sitting on the floor right there under a jacket and they did not take it. My wallet, drivers license, credit cards and cash were all still there. YAY!!!! Stupid thieves!!!

We enjoyed the beautiful scenery and the falls.

Oh! Then we went to get dinner and out to the airport to get a different car and the man at the counter informed me that they could not rent me a car since there was an insurance claim on the other one, even though the woman I talked to earlier said that it would be no problem. I was like, "What?" I returned the car because that is what your person told me to and I was told that it would be no problem and I would be given another one and now you are telling me to go elsewhere? Unbelievable!!! I should have gone to Walmart and gotten duct tape and a garbage bag to tape over the window! This is the point where I finally started to get irritated. :tantrum: This was just a little too much for me... He checked the notes and found that his superviser had put notes to the effect of what I had told him and he finally exchanged my car, but not till I called home and had my son get my car insurance information for them at 12:40 AM (at home) :headbang:

Exhausted, overdone and wide awake.
 
Gosh, what a way for your trip to start:gaah:. But now you know that you just have to lock everything in the trunk out of sight---but lucky about your purse with the important documents and money being overlooked. I can just imagine your frustration with the car rental fellow---glad that got resolved. From here there's no where to go but up, so here's hoping the rest of your time in Portland is uneventful and pleasant. Take care of that knee--
 
I'm so sorry you had that theft. What a stressor when you are supposed to be having a good time. Now you can't walk around as much without sturdy shoes too. I hope the rest of your trip goes better. :ok:
 
Well, the first thing we did after getting breakfast at the hotel was to find a shopping mall and we went right out and bought the replacement shoes that I would have to purchase when the insurance pays the claim for the theft. I was sooo glad to have a good pair of shoes on my feet today. We also bought a new carry on case at the mall since I will need it to go home.

We then headed for the coast at Lincoln City, Or. and stopped several places to walk a bit and take pictures. The coastline is so beautiful. We had a great day. My knee is holding up pretty good. I am sore and stiff, but I am not excessively sore. I couldn't wait to get back to our room though and ice and elevate. I am beginning to believe that I will one day return to better than I was pre-surgery. :happydance:
 
After sitting for a while I am having a hard time standing back up. It is just getting from sitting to standing. I have to put my hands on the chair seat and push off. I am anxious for my quads to get strong enough to start doing their job again
 
Well you certainly didn't let that slow you down at all, taking the bull by the horns getting your shoes and bag. :yay:
 
That is sure the truth KayeKaye. I am not going to let that get me down, at least not too much. I am of the opinion that it is OK to sit down and cry, but then you should get up and live. **** happens! It is part of life. Plenty of it has and continues to happen to me, and I shall make the best of it and keep living while I am alive... I choose to dwell on that which is good and positive as much as possible...

Thanks for your support!
 
I so share your philosophy. Life happens and we have to make the best of it and keep on truckin'. A good cry and a good rant are good for the soul; and then we can just move on. We can't change things that have happened, but we can control how we react to them in the long run. And I always console myself about people who do bad things to others that if you don't pay in this life, you'll pay in the next---so at some point they'll get their just reward. So ((((((HUGS))))) to you. Have a GREAT day!
 
OMG, your poor dear, you have had a time of it. Here you want to be enjoying a vacation and instead have to deal with thieves and bureaucracy.

OK, the practical side of me says that if they have your address, do think about changing the locks in your home that open using that key; one can never be too careful.

And be sure that your email account does not contain any additional secure information if you use that email addy to pay bills, access your bank accounts and the like… well, we all know safety protocols for email accounts so consider this a reminder. Most likely the thief who broke into the car was looking for things to sell or pawn for money but it is better to be very safe than sorry.

And loosing a favorite camera lens… so very sad. I know how it is to use a favorite lens that takes the perfect picture.

Most importantly, extremely glad that you are safe!!! :)
 
Thanks Judy, I can always use a good hug. :)

Elisea, I am definitely considering changing my house locks. They have my name, my e-mail address, where I am flying to (flight info) but not neccessarily my physical address...But I imagine they can figure that out if they want to. A lot of info for sure, my guess is what you said that they are probably just after things to pawn or sell, and yet it certainly makes me uneasy. I suppose that they could show up and steal my car, since they got my car keys... That makes me uneasy too.

Can someone access my e-mail account by just having my e-mail address. I really do not know "safety protocols" for e-mail accounts where do I go to get more informed about this?
 
Who knows what computer hackers can do. Maybe contact Internet provider for peace of mind? Then forget it and enjoy rest of your holiday! Hope the knee keeps good
 
Thanks Nancy!

The knee wakes me up a lot throughout the night, but It seems to be slowly improving so I will be thankful for the small improvements. :)
 
I apologize in advance that I am going off topic from a TKR discussion to respond.

First question might be was your password written down on anything they took? Can they say they forgot the password and gain access using other information that is available to them?

This is a good reminder for all of us. Do you have a strong password or is it, for instance, the name of someone close to you or a pet or favorite horse? Or your home address? Do you change it on a regular basis?

If it is a strong, random and unrelated password, good for you! Still, BJ, you might want to change it as part of your own email security protocol. You can Google something like “create strong passwords” and see what is suggested.
 
Yes, Elisea, I do have a strong password. And guess what? The travel information that I thought was in that bag turned out to be in my backpack, I found it tonight when I was getting things packed and put away for travel tomorrow. I was sooo excited, because I am pretty sure that I had no other type of identifying information in the bag. YAY!!!
 
So this morning was rainy and we went to the breakfast and then mall for a while until it cleared up and we went to do some more outdoor sightseeing, which involved lots of walking. Well, my knee is tired and a bit sore, but when it said, "too much" I told my son and he said, "OK" and we went back to the car. I am so pleased that I am able to do so much, and that I listened to my knee. It definitely is better than pre-surgery. I still am finding myself getting tired, but my knee and hip and lower back are not feeling excruciating pain like they used to.
:yay::happydance::dancy::yahoo:
I am definitely on my way to being sooooo much better than I was and I am really going to like that!
 
Creaky Knees Guide!
I thought you all would appreciate this book that I found in the window of a book store. :heehee:
[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
 
You talked about rain earlier in your post! Would some of you please shift it down to TX? We are in severe drought conditions, so bad that our lakes and water supplies are running out! We are water rationing, and we are going to pipeline in water from 80 miles away!
 
Oh my gosh and we are flooding up here. It's so bad in a couple towns up north it's flooded the town and wrecked the streets and lots of homes and businesses. Wish we could send some of it down there for you.

Bj mac that book for creaky knees is so funny, will have to look for that one, uh maybe next year when I can walk again! Please take it easy and protect your knees.
 
I am home and exhausted and feel the need to hit the road running because there is sooooo much to do. :dancy: I just want to lay around and do nothing. :sigh: I want to eat, sleep and recover. I had another lousy sleep. :headbang: I am soooo tired of being awakened every few hours throughout the night with my knee complaining, and then not getting more than 6 hours of sleep... It is morning and all I can think of is, "When can I go to sleep?" This is not good. :cry:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom