PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

If you can manage to get some sleep today during the day, I would leave whatever it is that seems so pressing and sleep. None of it is going anywhere. It will still be there waiting for you (which I realize is the problem). But you've just got to get rest whenever your body will let you.
[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
. Take care, I care.


PS: To find out about smileys on the iPad, go to the office forum under Bugs, Errors & Techy Questions, start a new thread, and ask about it. You can then look for an answer from RichardRobins when he gets back from vacation after July 1.
 
Judy, Thanks! I did start a new thread asking about the smilies on iPad. I will try to nap today. Thanks for caring.
 
I dragged my butt out of bed and went outside and got on my bike this morning. It is beautiful out and I rode 2.5 miles. Up and down the street. It felt sooooo good to be out on my bike. I can't really get anywhere yet as I live at the bottom of a hill and can't get up it yet. So back and forth to the end of the cul-de-sac at the end of the street. I feel so 'normal' well almost...:heehee: I stretched and am icing my knee. Now, I must shower and off to get my massage. Today is take care of BJ day!!! :happydance:
 
Sorry about all the inconveniences during your trip to Portland! You must be very glad to be back home. I wonder if I'll be able to ride my bike at all when all is said and done. Because I have such long legs, I got a 27" frame instead of 26", and that was a mistake. I had trouble getting on and off it. Now, I don't know if I'll get the same flex I had before, and a great fear of falling trying to get on and off. Don't want to fall with the new knees! I'm only at three weeks, so it will be a long while before trying it.
 
I dragged my butt out of bed and went outside and got on my bike this morning. It is beautiful out and I rode 2.5 miles. Up and down the street. It felt sooooo good to be out on my bike. Today is take care of BJ day!!!

Wow, that is super fantastic, BJ. Good for you!
 
You're progress is amazing - well done! Does "taking care of BJ day" include some rest :loll:?
 
Phoenixx29, Yes! It sure does. I layed down to take a nap, but wound up reading and posting on here, while laying down. But that is all good. It is still rest and taking care of BJ. :)

Thanks Elisea! :cheers: I am sore this afternoon though, hopefully it will calm down in the next day or two and I will go back out and do it again.
:bicycle1:

Janet, Give yourself time. At three weeks I just wanted to take a nap every time I did anything at all. :sleep: You will get there, and hopefully that will include riding your bike. All in due time. Now you just keep taking care of you and those new knees.
 
Glad to hear that you did not let the thievery get to you BJ! I like your attitude- you are right, getting utterly upset lets the thief have the upper hand, and as you said, stuff happens.
Glad to hear your knee is feeling better. Really, it gets better every day. I feel like I am in the midst of a knee euphoria!
Keep up the good work!
 
So, this afternoon my legs are aching. Those muscles that have not done bicycle riding for sooo long are complaining, a lot... Thank goodness that I told myself that's it at 2.5 miles.
 
Hi BJ,
Good on you for riding the bike. I have there same issue here. We live in a beautiful place next to the Royal National Park which is great for bushwalking and mountain biking, but we have hills everywhere. I have only gone out with my kids, and next weekend hope to do it again with them, but I think I'll train as much as I can on my trainer (bike stand with resistance) before the weekend to get my leg muscles fit. Do you have a trainer? It is great because you use the bike you ride and can adjust the resistance as well. Just running through the gears gives a choice of resistance.
 
You know, I hear about all of these lovely places where our BS folks live and want to visit them all. Living next to a park sounds fantastic, Aussiebill!​
 
Hi Elisea,
There are some drawbacks as in: long commutes, not much shopping close by, and no local high school, but we love the bush. We have rainbow lorikeets, cockatoos, kookaburra's, and magpies flying about, We have both ringtail and brushtail possums living in the Staghorn plants attached to our house. There are goannas and wallabies in the bush down the track from us, and the sound of cicadas in the spring is pretty cool. The main threat is Bushfire. We have seen houses go up across the ridge from us and that was in 2000, so a lot of fuel (undergrowth) has grown since then. Ying and Yang. We couldn't live back in the big smoke, but there is always risks living someplace isolated.
 
I do have a trainer somewhere. I just haven't dug it out. I suppose that would be good. It is just that I am chomping at the bit to be outside...
 
Hi BJ,
I understand, I have thought of putting mine outside in the backyard so at least I can breath the fresh air, but it's wet here in Sydney today. Nothing compares to the real thing. Wind on your face, the speed and the thrill of moving yourself with human power. It just makes sense to build the muscle before being tempted to go faster than we should. You could always walk the bike up the hill I suppose, then enjoy the rush going downhill?
 
Hi Elisea,
There are some drawbacks as in: long commutes, not much shopping close by, and no local high school, but we love the bush. We have rainbow lorikeets, cockatoos, kookaburra's, and magpies flying about, We have both ringtail and brushtail possums living in the Staghorn plants attached to our house. There are goannas and wallabies in the bush down the track from us, and the sound of cicadas in the spring is pretty cool. The main threat is Bushfire. We have seen houses go up across the ridge from us and that was in 2000, so a lot of fuel (undergrowth) has grown since then. Ying and Yang. We couldn't live back in the big smoke, but there is always risks living someplace isolated.

Sounds like you live in paradise Bill...even with the negatives. Also, you are doing awesome with your recovery as well, keep up the good work mate :wink:!
 
BJ, I finally got the okay from my pt---he told me to limit myself to 5 miles on the bike. I rode 6.5--just because I could not bring myself to stop. So much fun--I rode my mountain bike, but I know that I could easily ride the road bike. I am off for another ride today. My knee hurt a little when I started--but by the end of the ride, I felt great. Today too, I did water aerobics int he am and bike riding in the pm. Only went 5 miles this time, but I am not even tired!! But, then I have not been traveling like you have---I have been sitting on my bum in my studio.k
 
Hi BJ,
I understand, I have thought of putting mine outside in the backyard so at least I can breath the fresh air, but it's wet here in Sydney today. Nothing compares to the real thing. Wind on your face, the speed and the thrill of moving yourself with human power. It just makes sense to build the muscle before being tempted to go faster than we should. You could always walk the bike up the hill I suppose, then enjoy the rush going downhill?

Thanks, the thought just made me laugh. :rotfl: I just can't see me walking the bike up the hill just to roll down the hill with the wind in my face, although not a bad idea. You are right though that it definitely makes sense to build muscle before being tempted to go faster than we should. But, why not build that muscle outside, without going up the big hill until I am ready. As it turns out my legs are aching pretty good and I only went 2.5 miles on gentle hills gearing the bike down so as not to have to push too hard.

Where is the balance? How do I know what is too much until I do too much. Gosh I wish that I could really know when to stop without overdoing it in order to find out. :headbang:
 
BJ, I finally got the okay from my pt---he told me to limit myself to 5 miles on the bike. I rode 6.5--just because I could not bring myself to stop. So much fun--I rode my mountain bike, but I know that I could easily ride the road bike. I am off for another ride today. My knee hurt a little when I started--but by the end of the ride, I felt great. Today too, I did water aerobics int he am and bike riding in the pm. Only went 5 miles this time, but I am not even tired!! But, then I have not been traveling like you have---I have been sitting on my bum in my studio.k

Thanks Kelly, I am so achy it is not funny. I am now afraid that I won't sleep because my knee is so cranky now... I know that I will get there though. It felt sooo good to be out there on my bike even though I really didn't go anywhere. I refuse to be jealous because you rode more than me or because you also did water aerobics. I will be there when I get there, and I can tell that I am on my way. It is just soooo hard trying to find the balance, like what is enough and not too much... Hopefully I recover quickly and can go back out and do it again and again.

It is great to hear how much you are doing. Keep up the good work!
 
Hi JustmeT,
Thanks for the positive feedback. I am not Native to Australia, but born in California. Australia is paradise to me too and I chose to move Down Under almost three decades ago after a holiday. My wife is Aussie, and my friends & neighbors are too, but I still love North America and all of my original family live over there. The weather is much like California, except it is wetter in Summer, and milder in Winter. Lots of wildlife, and the most beautiful beaches in the World in my opinion. Not many people once your outside of the cities. I have been an Aussie citizen since 1995. My kids even like the bush even though they have few local friends were we live. Our family unit is that: we do most everything together. I hope this means were still tight when we get older, but maybe the kids will move to Africa or someplace else. I do think of Australia as home and hope my children find it as special as I do once they experience the rest of the world.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom