PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

Chiming in here: My TKA knee is always slightly warmer than my natural knee, but not in an inflamed, painful way. I read somewhere here that others have this feeling, too and it will eventually go away.
 
Sleep is no longer a word in my vocabulary; I've forgotten what it means.
 
Back home again. Went in swimming pool, just lounged around and kicked around gently and walked in the water. Hopefully I did not overdo it. I also swept the deck. It is sooooo hard for me to sit at home, there is always soooo much that is calling to be done.
 
BJ,

All that extra? Isn't that what gets us in trouble? :heehee: Of course I wouldn't know anything about doing more than I am supposed to be doing!:rotfl:
 
Excuse me, remember this? [Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery What ever needs to be done can wait another day. :)
 
LOL, Now now, I try and be good, it's just that once in a while the ornery side escapes!:shrug:
 
Excuse me, remember this? [Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery What ever needs to be done can wait another day. :)

I do remember that! It is not my natural mode and it is sooooo hard for me to stay there at that place of rest and taking care of me. I have lived my whole life on fast forward. I will stop and think and continue to take care of me. Thanks so much for reminding me. I think that I need to be reminded very often.
 
I do remember that! It is not my natural mode and it is sooooo hard for me to stay there at that place of rest and taking care of me. I have lived my whole life on fast forward. I will stop and think and continue to take care of me. Thanks so much for reminding me. I think that I need to be reminded very often.
BJ, I think we will have to keep tabs on each other to make sure we are both "behaving"!
 
Sonja, yes, you do speak as one who knows, all that extra is exactly what gets us in trouble. Thanks girls for holding me accountable.

And do listen to your own advice! Just saying...
 
Well, I'll try..... :whistle: as long as I know you are! :heehee:

We have a lot more in common than you know. :cheers:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
Who do you think you're kidding? You two don't have a prayer of keeping one another out of trouble. It'll be like putting 2 foxes in the hen house!!!!
 
Judy,

You know how to get me back in a hurry don't you ! LOL Foxes, why thank you very much for the compliment as my hubby considers me quite a catch!:heehee: I won't go into the other things he says, but I think that will suffice quite nicely! BJ, I am still watching out for you! don't do anything I wouldn't do, well.... wait..... don't do anything that I shouldn't do.... oh never mind.... behave yourself!:rotfl:
 
Sonja, Yeah, I am already sorry that I swept the deck and cleaned the shower and bathroom yesterday, and kicked around in the pool and covered the pool and went up and down the steps who knows how many times... I think that I loose track of all the things that I do cause I have spent my life never stopping. I get so frustrated that seemingly simple things are too much for me. I am so tired of setbacks...

I do hope that you are taking it easy. Don't try to kid yourself. I know what you are like!!! Slow down!!! Or maybe the correct wording is "learn to Be Still!!!" "Be Still" is the lesson that I have been trying to learn over the last few years.
 
Hey BJ, we are 10 weeks today and it sounds like we are both doing Ok. I played a round of golf yesterday which felt great and am now feeling almost completely back to normal (pre knee pain normal). I know i'll never play football again but golfing, walking, working, playing with the kids etc and all PAIN FREE!
 
You guys are all such an encouragement! I'm just hanging in there trying to figure this all out but love to read how it's going.
 
Sonja, Yeah, I am already sorry that I swept the deck and cleaned the shower and bathroom yesterday, and kicked around in the pool and covered the pool and went up and down the steps who knows how many times... I think that I loose track of all the things that I do cause I have spent my life never stopping. I get so frustrated that seemingly simple things are too much for me. I am so tired of setbacks...

I do hope that you are taking it easy. Don't try to kid yourself. I know what you are like!!! Slow down!!! Or maybe the correct wording is "learn to Be Still!!!" "Be Still" is the lesson that I have been trying to learn over the last few years.
Well confession as they say is good for the soul so here it goes.... ran around the house without crutches, they were getting in my way!:whistle: Then as I was running I did 3 loads of laundry, worked on my office, and my hubby announced last night that his favorite jeans needed to be washed! Well he had just taken them off and it was 10:30. So off to the laundry to gather towels and other stuff to throw in with them. I went to church and climbed the stairs, but I did use my crutches, went to Walgreen's and threw one of the crutches in the cart and used one to run with. Then off to grocery store and did the same thing. No electric cart for me! LOL

Today at rehab I was bruised up and down my calf and all the way past my sock line. Katie asked how it happened and I still don't have a clue!:umm: I can tell you that I hurt at PT today though and they were baffled. They said we had been doing those exercises all along.:):sorry:
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom