THR BeBe finally!!!

@Bone-obo
I wish you every success with your PT sessions.
Just remind the therapist to progress slowly - my PT was
very enthusiastic with my early progress/ROM and we ODI !
My PT sessions were "over zealous" according to my OS.
I believe it slowed my recovery.
My OS then said no more PT and he wasn't in favor of weights for THR PT.
I had to move my second hip dates up from late August to June 22. Would never make it to August !
 
Hmmm. After my first PT session, I've been thinking a lot about how effective PT is, anyway. It concerns me that we're all apparently given the same set of hand-outs out the same old folders, with no assessment of current condition and in your case, treated with no apparent appreciation for your condition or precautions. In my case, the therapist was nice, professional, and concerned not to hurt me - BUT when it came time for homework, there was the same old set of exercises everybody gets. I'm suspicious that there's more tradition than science to PT.
 
I'll pray it is a cake walk @BeBe sometimes I wish I could just give you a big old hug.
Wishing you comfort for today!
 
Hey @Layla !
Hugs back at ya girlfriend!!
Today I got out to do some very minor gardening. I just had to do it.
Beautiful day and I so needed the sunshine and mental boost.
Not much I can do, but lay out what DH will dig and plant for me over the weekend. I was having fun!
The pets were all out and following along. The horses were watching from the pasture.

But then.... I weeded under the bird feeders. Hands and knees. Left hip is such a crybaby
but right hip did really well! Even tho I use an old walker to get up due to Lemon Lefty.
Surprise pain contender heard from however; left wrist. Now swollen and immobile. Traveling pain salesman!
I have to dig out my brace. It's an old injury - floating bone chip that I've ignored for years, that needs surgery.
Guess everybody wants in on the act.

Best part though...right hip is great!!
Going to:ice: then:bath: but not much posting - now officially one handed.:thumb:
 
Hi BeBe.....10 days to go for that old hip.....slip the surgeon $10 and get him to do your wrist at the same time :wink: Take it easy, you don't want your new one to throw a hissy fit because you're overdoing it......(moaning lefty might be putting more strain on it :doh:)
 
Time for the countdown, finally down to 10 days.
Hang tight, BeBe, relief is in sight.
Wishing you comfort as you await the 22nd. :console2:
@BeBe
 
@anny @Layla
Hey you two! Anny I actually wondered how to make that double surgery work! HaHaHa!!
Cannot believe 10 days. Starting to get a little twitchy about another surgery, and recovery...
No way to avoid now. Thankfully wrist has settled down - hopefully for a long while.

I'm icing as I type - today I rearranged my downstairs bedroom.
Husband helped to move the bed around in the room to make it easier to get left
leg in and out of bed. Then I finally swapped out for summer clothing. Time for shorts and
pack away the long jeans.
While I was at it, a little housekeeping. So finally Lefty says " Hey you - no more walking!!"

I guess I am thinking less about the 22nd and more about how good I'll feel by my birthday in August.
My life has been on pain hold for 18 months, I'm so ready to have a different focus.

Anny are you on hold or moving forward with your other hip? Mine literally went from
somewhat manageable to completely intolerable within 48 hours. So glad I don't have to wait til August.
 
So glad you don't have to wait either, dear @BeBe .
I'm not so far out that I don't remember the chronic pain, the lack of sleep, the misery of having to rode in the car AND walk pretty much Any length of time.

Yay for a hip pain free birthday.:happydance:
 
Hi BeBe.....now don't you overdo the housekeeping....you want that hip owing you nothing but not making you spend its last days in agony! You sound pretty organised, guess you haven't had long enough in between to forget what prep to do. Does that go for your mindset too? I could have gone quite happily for another one in the first few weeks, cos I was 'in the groove', but now I find that I'm not quite so eager!

Will be seeing surgeon for 12 wk check on Friday, and will book in for lefty....I hear what you say about the 48hrs....after the op, lefty was perfectly behaved, to the point where I thought that it had all been referred pain from the right. Then I got an occasional whisper.....then 2 or 3 days ago I suddenly couldn't weight bear on that side, and as I write this now, I have a stabbing in the side of my hip and the side of the knee, and throbbing down the outside of that thigh....keep telling myself it's my old ITB problem again, but strongly suspect that the joint is putting in its 2pennysworth too :doh: Just as well we only have two hips isn't it :heehee:
 
@anny
I was over on your thread!
I hear you about only two hips. But then there's knees...
I'm not organized at all this time and have decided to forgo the grocery, meal prep extravaganza I did last time
I think there is still casserole and soup in the freezer.
My husband asked for a vat of potato salad :heehee: After all its grilling season too. He is adept in the kitchen.

Glad you're scheduling! Do you think you'll have a long wait? I couldn't have waiting til August. Well not without heavier drugs...
 
At least being in the summer there's less need for vast quantities of filling meals in the freezer....salads (yum, potato salad, think your husband's got the right idea....hope he's peeling them tho :wink:)

I think I'm probably looking at about October/November :sad: when I saw the surgeon at my 6wk check he offered to book me in for Sept....I stupidly prevaricated so now the w/l will have moved on :umm:Didn't have much pain with the first one, more disability, but this one might be showing me what I missed.....so could be a lot of whinging over the next few months :bawl::heehee:
 
@anny
Get the first available whatever that is, then ask if there is a waiting list?

I understand about the discomfort/disability vs outright pain.
My left has had horrid ROM and glitchy pain for years. Labral tear.
But not so bad to schedule surgery. I just plugged along.
Now it's letting me know with every step/movement it's past ready.
I know how this ends and I freaked that my August date could be postponed like before.

Hate to have you suffering along until October or November.
If it is that far out maybe you can get an injection? Sometimes they frown on injections
really close to surgery, but if you have to go to November?
I didn't get great relief but it did take edge off and I didn't limp as bad.
Something to discuss with your appointment - Today?
 
Think you're 16 hrs behind me BeBe so you'll soon be crossing off another night......hope that bad wrist isn't giving you too much bother now, does the brace make it better, or just stop it being worse :sigh:

I shall 'enjoy' your surgery vicariously.....I asked to go on the w/l last time.....but so did everyone else on the surgery list, so it didn't happen! I thought about the injection (somehow, that seems worse than the op!!) but, from what Josephine has said to me about ITB, I think the sitting down pain is the ITB rather than actual arthritis pain, so probably wouldn't be affected by the jab.....and the 'floating crumb' seems too unpredictable to warrant it. It's funny how so many of these symptoms have been hanging around on and off for years, and you just decide it's 'one of those things' or 'getting older' and ignore it.....then along comes arthritis and it all begins to make sense! :umm:
 
@Layla
Yep! Countdown time! Then it's new hip, new recovery, new me!!:yahoo:

@anny
16 hours! So you're at the docs "today" ? Let us know your date?
Hey I'm going to come visit you when We are all put back together! I've always wanted to visit NZ! :hiking:
Or you're welcome to come here! BS reunion! There's an idea. Who's in?

The wrist has its own floating chip so it has quieted down now. I actually did some
"Traction" on it via a garden weed sprayer the other day :shocked:and weirdly it has settled.
That or all the increased Aleve I'm taking...

I had an injection into the bursa as one of the 4 done last year and that did help for a couple months?
None take it away completely or for long.
Plus after all the injections and a few rounds of oral, my husband
Said I was having "roid rage". And he was having NONE of it! :tantrum2:

My OS said my hips were 20+ year hips - that's how long the arthritis has probably been brewing.
We adapt, compensate, self limit our lives. Tell ourselves we're old.
I must look pretty bad, I have old ladies opening doors for me! :scary:
 
My OS said my hips were 20+ year hips

so you can tell everyone you're still in your 20s? Nice one.....wonder if I can get an endorsement like that from my OS? :heehee:

Hang in there....your next op you will go from :censored:to :wow: ....I'll be looking out for tips and experience that you so generously share :) :-) (:
 
Hi @BeBe! I can’t sleep tonight :bored:, so I am checking on my hippie friends. Wow, your surgery is coming up quick (though not quickly enough, right?). It will be great to get this over with and be on the road to pain-free hips! You’ve got this!!:thumb:
 
May YOU be opening doors for old ladies again soon, you Spring Chicken :heehee:
We're the same age, well...close enough for me to joke about it.
Hopefully you'll feel like a Spring Chicken in a few months.
Have a great day! @BeBe
 
Finally down to one week, BeBe :yes!: The finish line is in sight for you and ladylorn :happydance:
No more of this > :climb:

Instead you'll be doing this > :chuckmarch:

That's after lots of this > :elevate: :ice: :yawn: :sleep: :ice: :yawn: :sleep:

In the end, life will be soooo much better!! I'm excited and happy for you :loveshwr:

Hugs and best wishes for comfort as you wait. :friends:
@BeBe
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom