Guest viewing is limited

TKR Barnmom22's recovery thread<

Just wanted to say hey...I hope you are still feeling better :)
 
@uva55. Thanks for asking. For two days I was feeling better. Taking only Advil. Today I felt super sick though and beyond energy drain. I'm so utterly exhausted that I relapsed and just took a light Percocet hoping I can sleep a little.

On the joyful side though, my daughter's boyfriend took my husband and I to dinner tonight and asked for permission to propose to her. He's wonderful. She's crazy about him. So how can I not be happy?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@uva55 I forgot to say that I am rethinking the seeing patients thing this week. I have no idea one day or another how I am going to feel. I will have to decide tomorrow and cancel if necessary. I wish I could give myself permission to postpone all work until Labor Day. But I know I am preaching to the choir on this topic right?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
How wonderful to have such a delightful young man who wants to be part of your family. Congratulations. You'll be ready to dance at your daughter's wedding.
 
@Barnmom22 congratulations to your family! Weddings are very exciting! We've had 4 in the last 10 months, but my gorgeous girl (in my photo) is still unattached.

How is your concentration? At a month I had difficulty carrying on a conversation, but I was still taking pain meds, less, but still taking them. Do you think you could get another week and play it week by week?
 
Congratulations, he sounds like the perfect man to entrust your daughter to, it is hard to find a young man who will ask for the parents blessing.

Don't feel bad, we all have our not so good days, I still have to take a pain pill here and there...my husband made all my favorite foods on vacation and I didn't eat any of it.

If you are at all able to take a little more time off, do it. It's barely been a month for you.
 
How wonderful to have a wedding that you're happy about to look forward to! And you'll be all mobile and pain free by then, which can give you some great motivation now! I'm impressed with your progress, even though you've had your struggles as of late. I haven't yet ventured out to dinner, and you refer to it like it's no big deal. I think an aspect of what makes it hard to decide about your work is that the way TKR recovery goes, one day isn't necessarily like the next. With the rotation between good and bad, we can't predict how we'll feel on Tuesday. Just know if you need to cancel, you need to cancel. I'm sure your clients do the same and will understand.
 
Congrats on your to be new son in law! How exciting. I agree, you need to postpone going to work as long as possible. These roller coaster rides are awful and hard to predict.
 
That's wonderful news! Congratulations. This news must really cheer you up. This recovery is not easy, and never seems to go in a straight line, but little by little it will get better. I hope you get through the this rough bit very soon.
Tabby xxx
 
Congratulations on the proposal. How wonderful. So lovely and traditional that he asked you first. Sounds so very sweet. Cant wait to hear of you dancing at the wedding.

Ughh on the pain backslide, guess it's all part of the long long annoying recovery process. I hope I remember these stories when its my time to whine.

Hope you have a better day today
 
I saw your post about another sleepless night...your struggles with returning back to work may be adding to the problem, I think that if you give yourself permission to take a few more weeks off, because you know that you really need it, and stop feeling guilty about disappointing others, you may be able to relax a little, and allow the healing to happen as it should.

I'm kind of speaking from experience, because I didn't sleep much last night thinking that I have to return to work in a week!!! I feel I can benefit from maybe 12 week off total but I really can't do it. You are nine days behind me so it really is too soon for you to go back.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Barnmom22's recovery thread<


This is my scar st 4 weeks five days post surgery. It is flattening out now. But I wonder about the tiny scab you can see top of photo. P t says it might be a stitch that didn't dissolve. Do you think I need to ask doctor to look at it? Right side of scar is still somewhat numb. But less so than before.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You mean this?

[Bonesmart.org] Barnmom22's recovery thread<


That could be a couple of things.
1. reaction to an internal stitch
2. a tiny remnant of scab

In any case, it's really very tiny and shows every sign of healing up on it's own eventually.
 
@Barnmom22 I had that exact same scab, it just fell off last weekend! Your scar looks great. Did you have stitches or staples???
 
@uva55 I think I had stitches and staples. The stitches were supposed to dissolve. Glad yours fell off though!!!
 
I think Clara put it well. Giving yourself permission to continue your healing is likely something you would support in your patients. And the point about limited concentration ability is right on. That, and the unpredictability of pain/discomfort on a day by day basis, might be good reasons to just take August off.
Your news about your daughter's boyfriend is delightful. That doesn't happen much these days. How sweet that he asked your permission. Did your daughter know he was taking you to dinner?
 
@Barnmom22 I see your surgery date was a day prior to mine. I know we all heal at a different rate, but it's nice to see how others are doing. After reading your postings I only wish I would have taken things slower in the beginning, think I really set myself back. Was so happy to do everything that I could do.

Still battling a lot of swelling up to a week ago. I had like a pocket of fluid that needed to be reabsorbed by my body. I believe it was caused from having the drain tube removed to soon. Your incision looks great, mine looks gross, it's not infected but I had 3 areas that drained, again I believe it was caused from the drain being removed to soon, and now I have a nice wide scab that runs about the top 2 inches of my incision. Others look at it and think it's gross. Waiting for the scabs to fall off on their own.

Tomorrow I go back to see OS. Be interesting to see how he feels I am doing. I feel good, pain most of the time is very minimal, sleep for the most part pretty well most nights. I wear a CPAP mask so I have to sleep on my side to keep it from coming loose and I can say I am comfortable in bed.

Reading other peoples post I have been doing a lot of things that others haven't even considered doing yet, but yet those of you that have spent more time resting have better ROM than me, so I think I've really, for the most part, goofed up, now to get back on track if possible.

Did heel slides this morning, but my bend isn't very good. Deep down I am very concerned about my out come, but I def don't want MUA and won't even consider it for weeks away yet.
 
@zzevi hello! Same day surgeries--does that make us sibs? Reading your post made me wince and it made me jealous. Your wound sounds like it needs some TLC. And I guess you do realize now you need to rest elevate and ice. But you can lay on your side and sleep comfortably? That's terrific. My point is that we all have a lot of commonality in our recovery and we have so much individual variation. ?: do you take any sleep aids? What pain Meds are you taking? I only take Advil now because the narcotics messed me up totally. The side effects worse than pain.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom