Banjaboy's recovery thread<

I think its just luck of the draw! I did have a great surgeon though
 
Last edited by a moderator:
A good surgeon will make all the difference!
I'm not going to blow this site because of a misunderstanding and a nasty email lol!
I am very pleased to hear that though I would still like to see the email you got. I don't like my members sending snarky emails and like my members receiving them even less!
 
I don't know how they got my address to be honest. No worries
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, but if you ever get another one do let me know!
 
I am one of those who never did PT and am doing great. I'm single and had to take care of myself, my house, yard and cats. This normal daily life rehabbed my knee. I think you are keeping your tissues inflamed with all this exercising. That increases pain and swelling. Just try cutting back and let your knee pain be your guide. You won't loose ROM, you'll gain it! You've already got super range and really don't need PT.
 
How do i post a pic to my profile name?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Can it be done from the app or the web page? Cant seem to figure it out
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Under your name at the top is a selection called avatar. Clink on that and you will see the selection to upload a photo. You have to be sure it's the correct size. Also, somewhere on here is a more indebt description of how to do it. Just enter it into the search engine on here.
 
Thanks folks, managed to get a pic up
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi folks, it's been a couple of weeks almost since I posted. Had the severe pain behind my knee if you remember? Backed off the physio since then. Physio diagnosed that I had stress one of the cruciate ligaments, all closed chain therapy since then.

Well the good news is I am pain free now! It was a bit of a scare initially but thank goodness it's back to normal and recovery is back on track. Surgery was August 23, so about 3½ months and feeling great again.

Numbness on the outside of my knee, all normal I am told.

Still a little swelling. Pain free now the ligaments are back to normal. Great range of motion, about 130 to 135 depending on the day and how much exercise I have done so happy with that. Straightening never was an issue, in fact it's kinda in the negative range. The clicking is just about constant as I walk, I'm hoping with quad strengthening it might improve.

But the stability as I climb and descend stairs is amazing after years of feeling it will give way on me. Can't wait now to do the right one but I'm looking at 18 months on the wait list up here in Canada. It was a mistake in referral, if I had been sent for both I would be 6 months away. Oh well, the price we pay for "free" healthcare here.

Anyone have thoughts on unloader braces for my non op knee until surgery? For long walks on vacation etc. they are very expensive and just wondered if anyone had any thoughts, anyone used one? I think it might be a solution long term. They're off the shelf and custom, I was hoping to go for a custom one.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
WOW---I am sorry to read of your long wait---is there any way that you can get moved up?
Anyone have thoughts on unloader braces for my non op knee until surgery? For long walks on vacation etc. they are very expensive and just wondered if anyone had any thoughts, anyone used one?
I did not use one---bu there are some folks on the forum that have used them---others will chime in and give you their opinions on the matter.

I did try the SynVisc shots which worked all of three days---the cortisone got me eight months.
 
I might try the cortisone I think. As for the wait, well unless I pay a private surgeon in the U.S, I live just 10 miles North of the Washington border in British Columbia. We have a system similar to the British National health system. Knee surgery is classified as elective and in no way is it like cancer surgery or something like that. If you are ill, you go straight in, the rest of us wait, all in all a good system, I just got lost in the shuffle a little. So I wait. Can't afford $50,000 to get it done right away. The problem is operating room time, government won't release funds to man them properly. So the cortisone shot is a definite option do you think?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'd try the cortisone shot. It may give you some relief.
 
Any chance the clicking as I walk will go away with time? I have improved leaps and bounds painwise in the last few weeks but the clicking worries me, BTW, no pain from the clicking
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Some clicking disappears with time while others don't. Someone here has one knee that clicks and another that doesn't.
 
I can hear mine in my head, but no one else does that they've said. Like yours, mine doesn't hurt.
 
Some clicking disappears with time while others don't. Someone here has one knee that clicks and another that doesn't.
Yes, that's me! :)

My right knee, 5 years old, still clicks from time to time, but I think it has become less loud.
My left knee, only two years old, has never clicked or clunked. I don't know why the difference, but since it doesn't hurt I just ignore it.

Have you read this article?
Clicking/clunking knee joint after surgery
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom