Banjaboy's recovery thread<

Right on Spex!!!!!!! I too now walk up and down stairs like an adult instead of a toddler lol!!!!! Prior to the second knee is was one foot up, then the other onto the same step!!!!! To feel strong again, to not be scared of the knee giving way......worth all the pain. We all get to the end in different ways, Im just blessed with a great surgeon here in White Rock British Columbia!!!!! Plug for Dr Vic Bubbar lol!!! My life will be normal soon, no more pain killers, looking for a seat to sit and rest. I thank God and the hospital staff at Peace Arch Hospital....... Funkymuse, did you get the manipulation? I hear its very successful


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yay! Getting your life (as an adult) back is a glorious thing. :) Glad to see you so happy!
 
Doing steps like an adult feels so good, doesn't it! I was over 20 years doing steps like a baby. No more! I'm so glad you're doing so well.
 
4 months post op now. Still doing physio twice a week, gym every other day. I have put in the hours and reaping the benefit. Planning my my May 16 trip to England. Now I can walk without pain it’s going to be such a change from previous trips
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! :cheers: You’ll have such a great time! It’s wonderful to hear that you’re doing so well, too.
 
What a terrific post! We love hearing about good results! You should have a grand time in England!
 
Will you be coming up to Scotland too or Wales?
 
Well, here we are, knee replaced on Nov 14, I have worked so hard in physio and the gym. Yesterday my physio cut me loose, 140 range of motion, she was very happy, beyond normal she said. I took the gentle pain gives you gain theory and it worked. After both knees replaced, first one Aug 2016, I am pain free, I walk normally, can climb stairs like an adult as opposed to a toddler. I’m really writing this so everyone who is about to have TKR or just had it...... Hang in!!! Each day you will make progress, you will feel depressed, hopeless, desperate at first, you will regret having it done, sometimes the pain will overwhelm you but keep your eye on the prize. The prize is a life without constant pain. I love you all on here and together we have helped each other through this tough journey
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I’m really writing this so everyone who is about to have TKR or just had it...... Hang in!!! Each day you will make progress, you will feel depressed, hopeless, desperate at first, you will regret having it done, sometimes the pain will overwhelm you but keep your eye on the prize. The prize is a life without constant pain.

@banjaboy Do you know how encouraging it is to read this? Thank you for posting.
 
What an inspiration you are! Enjoy those painfree knees!
 
I have, like you guys had lots of time to think, to consider, to search our inner self as we recover. Dont EVER minimize what we have done or are about to do. Knee replacement is hugely invasive surgery. But remember, we are not sick in the true sense of the word. The surgery is lifestyle surgery. How many people at this moment around the world are getting terrible life ending, life threatening prognoses. I am so grateful for my general good health.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Fantastic report! Having swelling still is normal for your time in recovery. No pain is what everybody wishes for! I've not even achieved that yet! What a wonderful successful story you have to tell. You are an inspiration for those coming up behind you!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom