Guest viewing is limited

THR Aussie's Posterior LTHR

Sorry to all I am such a baby and pain.... I'm just so stressed and have nobody to talk to on this

Then my good leg as in not operated on leg seems very sore top front like that big muscle .... I'm worried on blood clot and without thinking bent down and fed the cat... didn't mean to bend against rules if I pulled a muscle I'm lost as to how but I did walk lots no cane and also swept the garage out...
 
I'm just so stressed and have nobody to talk to on this
Yes, you do, you have all of us!

I am just talking on stool softeners.... I do seem to need them daily mostly for softening not just going but I need not so hard go I don't like to strain my muscles. I'm wishing to try the max dose of 3 a day say a couple times a week
I see, well don't worry. Stool softeners are not like drugs. They are just bulking agents that fill up your large gut and stimulate it to behave properly. Just like fibre does. I suggest you use them once a day for as long as necessary. If you use them as many as 3 times a day, you'll risk causing diarrhoea.
I'm afraid to use prune juice as my package of prunes warns diabetes not to go over 3 prunes a day....
Oh I never take any notice of those things! If it was something you were going to eat on a daily basis perhaps but not this. I eat lots of 'naughty' stuff and my blood sugars are just fine! But I prefer things like Fybrogel anyway.
Then my good leg as in not operated on leg seems very sore top front like that big muscle. I'm worried on blood clot
Symptoms for a clot or DVT arise in the calf not the thigh muscle. My guess is that you are doing to much, specially of exercises. But I think I talked to you about that earlier.
without thinking bent down and fed the cat
That's okay - you're a 9 weeks out from surgery so it shouldn't make any difference now.

If you have other things you are scared or anxious about, this is the place to air them. It's exactly what BoneSmart is for!
 
Hi @MyAussieGirl

Firstly, don't worry. You are not being a baby or a pain. You are asking questions which are concerns for you and will receive proper answers from people who have had similar issues or understand them. That is what this great site is all about

Secondly, I would make an educated guess that most of us have bent inadvertently, more than we should and lived to tell the tale! I certainly have. Nor am I a qualified medic, but I suspect that it us just your body coming to terms with major surgery and getting back into equilibrium - maybe not even "back".

Finally, if you are able (medically) to take a small amount of prune juice, then I recommend it. It worked wonders for me and very quickly ...

Best wishes
Peter
 
Sorry you are having a bad day, MyAussieGirl. But like Josephine said, this is where to ask all those questions and hear what others have to say. You are definitely NOT a pain or a baby. We all have had issues we wondered about and there is always someone here on the forum to guide us or support us or both.

I still get pains in my operated hip, too, although not bad enough that I take meds. When I sit for a bit, like through a meal or watching tv in the evening, my hip is quite stiff when I get up. Dr said it was still healing and that would go away.

No, I'm not going to PT any more. When I went for six week check last week, dr said I don't need any more PT and that all will improve on its own. He said it will just keep getting better and better so I'll take his advice. I do have a stationery bike at home so have gotten on that a couple times this past week and I'm trying to work on going up steps normally. My sewing room is one step down so I stand at the bottom level and have a chair on the upper level that I can hold on to. Then I step on the one step and then back down, up on step and back down and repeat 10-12 times each day. Hopefully eventually I can go up stairs normally if I keep practicing. I will gradually increase how many reps I do. Time will tell whether it works. I can go down stairs normally but not up unless I have something to hold on to and then it isn't like I step up smoothly.

One more thought - maybe you could call your GP with your questions about constipation and see what they say. It will probably be the same thing Josephine told you but it doesn't hurt to ask. You can ask them, too, if you have any questions on your pain meds as it sounds like you may have already been on some various medications before your surgery.

You'll get it all sorted out but don't panic. Nothing you mentioned should give you that much stress. Just relax and keep reading the forum and try the tips Josephine gave you. Then report back to us on how things are going. Hang in there. You can make it through this just fine. :loveshwr:
 
@MyAussieGirl You can take stool softeners every day, not a problem. I had been on medication a few years ago (not narcotics) and needed them. However, when taking a softener, you must drink a lot of water. Also, I was told not liquids but water. Also, anything you drink that has caffeine, doesn't count toward your water consumption for the day. So, a morning coffee/tea or mid day soft drink would not count. I don't believe that the label tells you but my pharmacist told me that if you are not drinking enough water, stool softeners will not work.
 
@Josephine thank you for EVERYTHING all your time and kindness.... I won't sweat the stool softeners any more....Prune juice I'll see if they have sugar free .. I Googled the carb and sugar count and I can bet my BS would soar....

Good to know on the blood clot issue and I had to laugh at how you put you thought you talked to me before on overdoing it....ummm yeppers that was me lol......

Twice today I accidentally did things I shouldn't have and beat myself up over it.

Mega bless and thank you
 
@PS46 Thank you... I am glad you found me soon after this crisis we can finish our conversation.... I had hoped others had accidentally bent etc without thinking without issues .... thanks .... I am going to try to find a sugar free prune juice....an 8 ounce cup of regular kind is almost more carb than I eat in a day..... You're very kind it seems every now and then I'm going along fine then hit a snag and fall face first in anxiety
 
@GrannyC I still have 1 bad hip so steps I can do but it's hard for me to go up...PT girl pointed out steps come in 2 sizes 6 inch and 8 inches high... I don't need to use I'll worry on them when I go in the fall for hip number 2....You sound frustrated by steps but I bet cause your incision was in front kinda that it's harder.... I am glad you're doing so well and you are.... I am vexed at your being be in pain... I know it's normal but you're too nice to have to deal with it....though I bet everyone does moving out ...have some.

Jumping while I recall this ...hubby's tomato plants all last we spoke of them are up 6 more inches
Yes I am on many meds 9 unrelated to surgery...you know blood sugar, blood pressure thyriod stuff like that... I see my family doctor Monday and OS or his PA a couple days later I'll ask them good catch cause one never knows on reactions but till then I'll follow Josephine's advise ...Things have a way of piling up on me then bang I get all duh....As always you're a doll thank you for always being here
..Hugs
 
@Nivea color me stunned OMG I'll have to start tomorrow with the water I literally drink about oh 90 per cent of my fluids from..... Iced tea with caffeine I must drink near a gallon on hot days .... I may kill the tea all day and do one so no headache but go with .....water....Thanks cool... nobody ever told me
 
:thankyou::prayer: from me to all of you ... really I appreciate it....you never know how much you help another when you're kind....
 
CvS and Walgreens also carry prune tablets in case you don't like the juice or prunes to eat..some people take Colaise or another stool softener day with lots water and one prune tablet at night if on other softeners...but do check with your dr about adding prune tablets..you prob only need the one if on other stool products...i am having surgery this Friday and also posted this on my thread...I know the pain meds are so constipating and we are probably not eating our reg diets and the team's if major surgery it will take a while to become regular again all over!!! Good luck and keep posting on your progress!!!! :)
 
Hi @MyAussieGirl

Re constipation (the fascinating topics we discuss on here, hey), I was prescribed sachets of Laxido - guess it may be branded differently where you are. You mix it with water and for me, it worked very quickly. In fact I only took them for a day and thereafter it was just prune juice, which I don't actually need any more now

Somebody also mentioned water - I drink gallons of the stuff and hate being dehydrated. It's a throwback to the sporting days of my youth! I also drink peppermint tea instead of "normal" tea, for the same reason

You will get this sorted - keep persevering ... and don't stress about it

Peter
 
Lol thank you Peter we sure do talk about ummm unsual things lol... I must say minus when my sister and Mom were alive I Neve discussed these things......

I actually never heard of the product you and Josephine mentioned maybe different countries thing I dunno but I did Google foods with fiber and went back to my tried and true beans... I added lots of water so we shall see... I do have and can get decaf tea but oh I'll miss my jolt lol
 
@Donnarita can you please tag me in your thread so I can find it? I will will be praying for you.... I am am so jealous you and others were smart enough to know to research ahead ..... it's not as bad as I may make things sound I'm just stressed.... I will check into the product you mentioned if I don't straighten out on this as it is....ta da.... I went last night mega easy one trip....apples and tons of veggies
 
Small update...,I went last night ...1 trip all easy.... I think it was the Prayers, suggestions and adding mega fiber after all you all said....if it keeps up.... I'll be fine as frog's hair
 
Now a concern and whine

Whine hospital bill came in mega thousands I am just over area where they will cut the bill

My dog caught a chipmunk we saved it let's pray it's leg heals

I am wondering for those of you who need 2 hip replacement surgery ...when you got the one did your other...the non operated leg get muscle pains after a while????? I am am getting pains and just can't place overdoing it ...and my hip joint on my to be done leg is more sore too but off and on calf pain....rare...and on the last 2 days main front upper leg muscles hurt.... I MAY have somehow strained it but ?
 
Hey Aussie Girl - you know what really helps me when I start to worry about whether this or that is normal? I just stop, take ten deep consecutive breaths (not more or you'll get dizzy) then I quietly and slowly go through each thought and ask myself "is what I'm worrying about true or likely? Is there anything I can find out or do about it? Does worrying about it help in any way? "

The thing is we don't need to believe our thoughts - they aren't always that reliable. For instance you have the thought that bending down is bad for your hip. That may have been true a few weeks back but the pain would've stopped you anyway. Now it isn't true. At 9 weeks you can bend down. And random pains are just that more than likely. I still get them but I try not to jump to catastrophic thoughts. If they persist I'll see the doctor. But I try and calmly tell myself to just wait and see for a bit.

Also - spend time doing those lovely things that really engage you - like gardening and so on. Distract that pesky worrying mind!

Much love to you on this journey we're on together.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom