Guest viewing is limited

THR Aussie's Posterior LTHR

Thanks @labanan Gosh you guys are great and I trying to keep my mind busy and I know Josphine said not to worry but I failed to tell her at the time I have had some calf cramps no discoloration no swelling it's my non operated leg .... I think my brain is overwhelmed this all just started Sunday very late .... I am OK

You?
 
Somehow I think you just managed to gather up too many thoughts all at once and got a bit overwhelmed. However, this is the perfect place to let them all out and someone is bound to be here to help you through each one. Actually we all get little (and some not so little) aches and pains here and there even when we aren't recovering from surgery but that is all it is - just one more ache or pain and nothing to be concerned about unless it is very painful and persists.

You should start a list of questions to take to your family doctor on Monday. If you are anything like me, I get there and forget all my questions so now I always write them down, even if I only have 1 or 2.

It sounds like your tomatoes are doing great. I think yours will be ready before ours. I also planted some "gourmet lettuce" I think it is called. It is a variety of different kinds so it looks like those spring mixes you buy at the store. It is up about an inch or two now so hopefully in another week or two, some will be ready to pick for a salad.

I hadn't realized that you were going to need your other hip done. That one will be much easier since now you know exactly what to expect. You'll be a pro!! :yes!:
 
I forgot to mention that I hope the chipmunk survives! They are so cute. Just be sure he drinks plenty of water as he will get dehydrated just like you do.
 
@GrannyC thanks. I will be seeing both doctors next week Family and OS and I plan to make a small list as I need some issues addressed by OS office ... Family doc nah I don't much like him long story....

Some of our tomatoes we started indoors from seeds and a couple no ...so far on all plants we've done pretty well ....a few got kinda killed by the munks we have many but all in all we have tons of produce growing and my flowers.

Oh GrannyC it's like I'm having a meltdown I hate scary new symptoms ..... I go years and years no worry then this

I am going to make the hubby take water and a few nuts maybe some lettuce out to the munk.....wish I had your fancy lettuce lol
 
I failed to tell her at the time I have had some calf cramps no discoloration no swelling- it's my non operated leg
Cramps are not at all uncommon after surgery. Don't worry about it.
Prune juice I'll see if they have sugar free
Honey, I told you that I am diabetic too. I quite often eat pastries and a whole bar of chocolate each day and my blood sugars are okay. There's a lot of hype and misinformation about diabetes and 'sugar'. Carbs are worse - like bread, potatoes and biscuits. And they work faster too.
 
BTW MyAussieGirl, can I ask you to please use punctuation in your posts. Some of your comments are 2-3 lines long and clearly require the odd comma or period to make it easier for us to read. Sorry If I'm coming across as a bit of a pedant!
 
@Josephine , Thanks. Before I came online I spoke with the doctors office. The PA said we will watch for a clot but she felt a lot of unused muscles went unused, thus now I am sore. She also said she thinks I could.... could be overdoing it. I loled and thought of you.

My endogrisologist would kill me. In 31 years I've not had much processed sugar. I am a very hard to control diabetic. I know many people can have cake and ice cream but I can't.

Sorry on the punctuation.. I will try some of the issue is, I cannot see the phone keyboard easily. Some of why I have to do it; to be honest is time. I am on here much less than many would guess and hunt and peck type. I try to be supportive of others and rush. Also embarrassed to say I am not too bright. I will try.

Huge hugs and always thank you for your help
 
Loved your little hiker in Mojo's post. He looked so cute! After your next hip replacement, that could be you trekking along!! Sorry about your chipmunk but it was probably for the best.

I hope your bathroom issues are slowly getting resolved. I agree that the extra water will probably help a lot.
 
GrannyC I too liked the hiker I found a few more I like. Lol you're so correct be I hope after healing from my next HP to join as a volunteer at Samaritans Purse. They help so many people after floods and disasters.

Bathroom issues really are going well. I am on day 4 of okay. I may be on day 3 it's hard to recall.

I know you too are having some extra pains. Are they resolving themselves yet? Any?

For you :bath:
 
Thank you for the bubble bath!! I'm actually doing fine. I do feel a tiny bit stiff after sitting still but it is nothing bad at all. Just a little stiffness. I think it is because on the inside I'm still healing. Once I walk a few steps it goes away and I feel perfectly normal. I really shouldn't have even mentioned it but I guess I thought maybe someone else noticed that as well. I'm glad the bathroom issues are ok. Now that you realize you need more water, it will probably stay ok.

I need to think about starting some supper now so have a great evening.
 
GrannyC enjoy dinner. Don't regret telling others on stiffness people who have that and are quiet ... I bet they feel better reading others have the same issue. I am guessing this takes a long time to be 100 per cent.

I did something I haven't done in ages walked a nature tail just half a mile but sadly at a fast pace my dog dragged my husband lol
 
HI @MyAussieGirl It sounds like you are doing great Way to go. Do you remember how many days it took for you to have a bowel movement? I went Monday morning before coming to the hospital and have been passing gas since Tuesday but that's it.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
@cpollock I certainly can tell you it was in the hospital. They gave me meds from the time I woke. I would not have been able per most doctors here to go home if not. They also made sure on my orders for home to put must take 2 stool softeners daily. The meds for pain just really affect me and maybe a couple days home....issues. I called my case nurse she said I could do anything like enema, laxatives, Etc in addition to them. I finally had to use a glycerine suppository ..then was OK. Then the constipation hit lots. I ate beans and salad that worked. I then like a dunce stopped. As you know I had issues so I took advise in here drank more water not just iced tea...and eat more fiber LOTS of it and have been fine nightly for about 4 days
 
@MyAussieGirl I have been taking the stool softeners and will be patient. I've ate very little too and have added prunes now, a couple a few times a day. I may get some suppositories to have on hand. I remember now you saying you used them. I don't have pain yet or anything.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
I only used the suppository twice. I ate prunes too...Try to eat more food high in fiber like beans that's a top one and I hate lentels but high in fiber...If you go more than 3 days just to cover your back I'd call the doctor to ask on the phone what else to do Many in here say prune juice maybe they can tell you serving size they drank..... @cpollock tagged you so you'd see this....oh and have someone make you pea soup. Split peas high in fiber too...Eat more hon and drink drink...drink water
Hugs
 
I meant to share I went to get my hair cut. I am sorry I didn't do it before surgery. I am going to give you all a small tip. Bring a thick towel. Fold it like you would still the gym to put around your neck.
Use it to get height in the back of the salon chair. I had to sit for almost an hour .... I didn't think to bring one. A pillow would be too much. I love my hair though.
Today by I forgot my cane ... WOW I forgot that I was post OP

I'll try to get a picture of my hair on here...this is a model later
 
Back
Top Bottom