Guest viewing is limited

THR Aussie's Posterior LTHR

You were smart to read up on all this ahead you're going to do better than me
 
:froggies:. Thanks here it is the eve of YOUR surgery and you're comforting me....Bless you .... I'm not too good to be around tonight I'm like in panic from tired these issues ....Soon I gotta shower but will be on later ....How are YOU doing ?
 
I'm here for you really after my shower what will you do .... meditation ...keep busy.....help others? Fill me in...right now you're doing all the above
 
I'm going to see if I can go to sleep around 10, take a sleeping pills and turn on my meditation. If that doesn't work I will be back.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
Sleep you will enjoy it but know my prayers follow you.... I'm pulling for you
 
@MyAussieGirl Are you sleeping better now that you don't need the pillows? I know what you mean about the heat as it was upper 80's here for a few days last week, too. Today is only supposed to be low 70's so much more comfortable slthough still very humid.
 
Well GrannyC not like you'd expect I still get up a lot like every 2 to ,3 hrs all in all I sleep well but up down up down ...A normal 1 BM may take 3 times ... When I first got out of the hospital by it wasn't an issue I slept well but now... I can't get even 6 straight hours... I will say you'll get our weather ... today rainy, a few thunderstorms nothing bad here and cooler 67 all of a sudden .... I'm so glad to see you...you still in PT? I had to take 2 weeks off one week doctor timing next my FIL I'll then passed as you know....
I will go back but not for long.

Right now I feel like I have a cold

You?
 
@Josephine honestly I read it last night but I think ... I'm too scared to understand and 1 is bad to use..... I'm on just stool softeners ...do you agree that's ok still after all these weeks? I can't do prune juice I'm diabetic ...so yes I know it's common but this far out? Sorry I really do use the search the library feature
 
honestly I read it last night but I think ... I'm too scared to understand and 1 is bad to use..
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come across as a meanie there!

But
a) I don't know which '1' you are referring to and
b) why are you scared? What of?
I can't do prune juice I'm diabetic
Don't see why not - I used it and I'm diabetic too! It has lots of good fibre in it. Alternatively, you could use something like Fybrogel. And it has nothing to do with the date out of surgery. It depends if you're still on prescription pain meds because they are the problem.
 
Awww @Josephine thanks you're not a meanie... I'm scared going on 8.5 weeks is maybe too long even on pain meds to have issues I haven't seen anyone else saying they do so that scares me like something is wrong with me I'm a nervous wreck at times sorry....

I read in that article that laxatives were not good for this kind of constipation but then I was not so sure they meant stool softeners.... I go....
It's um just not easy ..... I'm told to take 2 a day from discharge box said I can go 3 I wonder if I should ...and they never said how long to take them
 
I'm scared going on 8.5 weeks is maybe too long even on pain meds to have issues
Do you mean pain issues? If so, it's not. Some folk are on theirs for 3-4 months. It just depends - everyone is different. BUT you will find that you won't be the full dosage all that time. Eventually you will start taking less because your pain is less.
I read in that article that laxatives were not good for this kind of constipation but then I was not so sure they meant stool softeners
Laxatives most definitely are not the thing to take for medication induce constipation and they are nothing like stool softeners which are totally different.
I'm told to take 2 a day from discharge box said I can go 3 I wonder if I should ...and they never said how long to take them
Tek 2 a day of what? Pain meds of stool softeners? Assuming it's the latter, you should take them when you have the need to. They're not drugs, they're just bulking agents that stimulate to movement of your gut so it works properly. Don't be scared of taking them daily. Just try out it see it once a day or twice a day is what you need.
 
@Josephine in all cases of your post above I am just talking on stool softeners.... I do seem to need them daily mostly for softening not just going but I need not so hard go I don't like to strain my muscles.... I'm wishing to try the max dose of 3 a day say a couple times a week but nobody as far along after surgery seem to mention these issues anymore just in the beginning ....See what I'm trying to say.....thanks and hugd

Edited to add ...just to add ... I'm afraid to use prune juice as my package of prunes warns diabetes not to go over 3 prunes a day....
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom