Guest viewing is limited

THR Aussie's Posterior LTHR

Forgetting your cane is a great sign that you are healing well! You are like a new person - new hip and new hairdo! :wow:
 
I wish you could have seen my stunned face GrannyC you would have laughed Who figured I'd be in the car and it would hit me...oops...no cane... I do it in the house now too... Oddly my unoperated on hip ends up hurting more ...lol go figure....Hugs
 
Update:. I have to things to report my one specialists received my test results early as in the next day.... perfect ..they were better than they have ever been. I was stunned thank you for the prayers and well wishes.

The second issue is I saw my OS"s PA. ....drum roll.... I am done! They can't believe how well I got so fast especially being diabetic and... I have zero restrictions. I did a lot of things I haven't done in 12 weeks.... I still gotta work on my living room sofa and chair...hard to get up and down they are low and too soft and I still have a hip to be done. I can cross my legs, no pillows anymore between legs.. I can lay, sit, cross everything it's all OKAY....My hope is to get the new hip in in fall middle or late....That gives me time to enjoy the beach Etc.....Thank you to all who helped me in any way
 
Well done you.
Your post put a smile on my face.
Its amazing how this operation can change many peoples lives in a number of weeks.
Joe....
 
Well done @MyAussieGirl ! Glad to hear all is going smoothly in your recovery. It's a great feeling when you are finally released from all restrictions, isn't it?
Enjoy!
Diane
 
What a fantastic report! That is super!! All your hard work has paid off big dividends in many ways!
 
@MyAussieGirl this is super news. Sounds like you will be enjoying summer at the beach. Show off your badge of honor, you have earned it. I can't remember the last time I wore a bathing suit myself and I have 2 one pieces that both have a longer type skirt on them. Good going lady, I'm proud of you and the wonderful progress you have made. Cheryl

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
@Irish Joe
@Delphi
@GrannyC
@labanan
@cpollock
Thank you all .... I am thrilled heck most of you have been here to listen to me whine since day one. Oh bless you. I was stunned last night I could not sleep till.... I got up...got my pillows.. crammed them between my legs hugged the other like I have been annnnnnnd lol finally went to sleep ... I did have loose stool due to um too many blueberries that was another issue.....thus a hard night but it sure is great to be free and laying on my operated side. More later but CPollock.... I bought a new swim suit I think the first or second week after surgery
 
It just hit me know you are doing fine everyone no matter where you are at on this journey

Also I still am sore here and there

I still ice

I am still mending so I don't want you to think I'm 100 per cent well ....but I am way better and can if I'm able do all I was told not too

Goal and it may not be reached till other hip is done
To lay in a lounge chair .... I can't go that low not sure if it's my back, both hips or unoperated hip
 
@MyAussieGirl you are very right, we are doing fine on our journeys. Right where we are supposed to be. I have low expectations and appreciate the progress I've made so far. Everyone's journey is different. I feel with your other Hip needing replaced yet, it slows down your surgical recovery. Do you have an idea when that will Happen? I wish you well. cheryl

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
@MyAussieGirl over the summer you should check out some yard sales or garage sales and see if you can find a different couch and chair that doesn't sit quite so low. You can sometimes find one really cheap. You can also check on Craig's List on the computer. They also have them at many thrift shops but I find they are not always as inexpensive but I think it depends on the shop. Just keep your eyes open. It would be good to find something before you have your next hip done.
 
@aussiegirl...hi just ckin in on you! Its been a while!! I am doing great!! Just the back sleeping is a big problem...tonight might try a light tramadol...haven't been in any painkillers since day 3 post op...doing fine in Tylenol here and there! Hope you are coming along well hugs to you !! ❤
 
@aussiegirl...just scrolled up and read your progress!!!! Yaaaaaaaaay no restrictions wonderful!!! I can't wait for that!! You are on your way to your new pain free life!! So happy for you!!! Continued great health!!
 
@GrannyC That's a good idea I'll look at garage sales or yard sales I am pretty much broke so my HOPE is to get something but everything hit at once and I don't even see an extra 20 dollars in my life. Still...ya never know. No way will I do Craigslist too many loons anymore. But oh yes my wish dream is for something a chair or sofa to lay on and watch TV ...one I can get up from lol. I hope your doing well I pretty much know you are but even much more better. I am seeing the PT on the 3rd.. I am going to see if she has more ideas on up down sofa issues. Always thank you
 
:spin:@Donnarita yo, I have been reading your thread sometimes I read but don't have anything to add... I guess I ought to add a picture or a hug so people know I'm around. I found the back sleeping thing for me unbearable ...thus was glad I asked my doctor and got on my side.... I am a side layer. I wish I had cut my pills sooner but am only one 1 at night and weening be off.... I will still take tylonal with codeine as needed for the other hip again once I'm off the Percocet.....Hold on
 
@Donnarita I am back lol had to use both hands hubby brought eats...So the pain meds for me largely unneeded for me but I took up to 3 a day more for sleep. Hate the constipation Lol

Thanks for sharing on my progress ..soon you too will lose the restrictions ... some sooner...then at least with my doctor all. I am am thrilled but be lol yet still cling to a few...Things became a habit I guess. You're so upbeat and positive I can be but sunk into being down and whining a few times. I may again gulp lol ....Hugs
 
@cpollock :ice: us icing lol. I am with you and I think your progress is just right. I am glad you got some of the things resolved. It's very early for you. I think you're doing great.

I plan/hope to have my surgery no later than October so I can get out to the doctor and all before the deadline of winter.... I won't be doing PT then as I have been going for this side just not often.

The bills are piling up
 
@MyAussieGirl you don't have too long for the other hip. Long enough I suppose but this is your year. I've been trying to sleep but just had to get up to the washroom. I've been dozing and it's so windy outside.
We had some thunderstorms earlier too. My cat is snuggled up by me. I have 3 cats and the one with me right now is Sams. Yes a 12 year old tabby, wonderful gentle boy. I've been getting some pain by the incision, I think from the staples pulling. It will be nice to get them out. When do you go back to work? I know what you mean about bills. That can be stressful to sort out. Take care. Cheryl

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top Bottom