THR Aussie's Posterior LTHR

PS last word tonight to Jaycey... yes sweetie I'm on aspirin 2 times a day
 
Hugs Jan yes this coming Monday ..I'mma trying that lemonade lol trying
 
Wow an even crazier day...To doctors she's awesome she's my diabetes doc went GREAT but gained 2 pounds she said don't worry I can't move like I use to....blood work was GREAT....
Then to hospital to see hubby's dad he's gone moved to rehab nursing place....so over there with a malt for him ... hubby's sis is a snot ...but that aside dad was thrilled to see him.
Long story short that hour max visit well it was bigger all in all walking and standing the better part of 7 hrs.. I am physically tired ...but okay a little sore


Ok lol lots but hey
I'm trying to catch and keep up if I fail please forgive .. Thanks
 
Busy day for you but it all sounds positive. It's always good to get a positive dr report. You gained weight, Mojo said she gained weight and I gained 3 lbs myself. You are right though that it is probably the inactivity. I guess that loss of appetite those first few days didn't make much difference. It's good you were able to see your father in law and brighten his day, too.
 
I'm the rare individual @GrannyC who um ate lots after General Anesthesia lol my throat hurt from that tube but hey I had a hot turkey sandwich...spuds... applesauce you name it

I slept till 3 PM today I think I was exhausted.....

For me um since surgery I may have ate too much but will blame all that constipation ...hey it weighs lol
 
Fast update on me today....PT huge workout I hope I'm not sore tomorrow she had me do something that may not be good for me but

IF I want I can lose the cane she had me walk in and outside on grass without said I'm good... I'm going to use it off and on my security cane

We will be working mostly on balance which is good I think she detected something about me I did not disclose

Also lol she said I have a tendency to plop down on things lol we work on that too... Hubby's said the same thing I get so far down then...plunk
She said when I hit the table she was afraid I'd go off......but um I'm a pro at plopping.....

She also tested my abductors and said Monday no way will they find a muscle tear she said first time I tested I could hardly do it NOW it's very strong

Hugs all and night
 
Wow, that is great you got so much sleep. You hopefully feel much better now although if it was me, I'd probably have had trouble falling asleep last night.

Your PT sounds very observant and like she is helping you with all the things that deal with your day to day life which is great. I think most therapists are trying to be helpful and very few as as nasty as the ones @Mojo333 had at her first therapy session. I don't always get the same one each time I go but they all ask what I find bothersome and they try to help with that along with all the regular stuff they have me do.
 
Perfect. So glad all went well... Co-dependant worriers... All but GrannyC... She's like a steady arm to hold on to.
 
Lol Mojo yes Codependent worriers we are

GrannyC I worried I'd not sleep well but slept till.....245

However I had another long long day .... It's sad watching my husband and his dad both hard of hearing and both without much to say struggling... I was so glad to get out of there...

My hip didn't hurt today like last night but I'm sore now ... I may have hit my shin bone with my cane...duh lol
 
Hope you slept - I did! Or good enough. I'm not going to PT which has one of my pals up in arms. She's an old physio and OT but retired from that many years ago. I told her to go on the forum before lecturing me but she couldn't find what I was talking about so...
I was supposed to have my 2nd PT last Tuesday but cancelled as I'm not doing the exercises.

Guess I've drunk the BoneSmart kool-aid!
 
You've had some very busy days this week so maybe you need a day to just take it easy. I'm so glad you are getting some sleep. That helps a lot, that's for sure.

We went to nursery yesterday to get a few veg plants so will work on planting our veg garden today. We also have some seeds but certain things like tomatoes and peppers, we usually get the plants. The sun is out and it is beautiful with no rain!!
 
Jan pretty good sleep is better than none I get very down or anxious if I can't sleep .. I like PT and for me have learned some things but many don't really need it

GrannyC yes yesterday I wasn't online much to at all because hubby and I took a let's have us time...we took the dog for a ride and walks ..went to church...to the store and watched a rented movie no taking care of others just us tomorrow it starts over we will see doctor on my hip then see husband's dad...then ?

A small Yay if I didn't mess anything up.... I took a shower standing on my own alone ... adult....slight hip like pivot to get in

ALL yes tomorrow I see my OS to see for sure no muscle tear can sure use Prayers.... I'm outta here early ✝
 
Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way for good news from your doctor followed by a good day! :flwrysmile:
 
Thank you all you guys are THE best ...My report I'm good only 2 restrictions left AND I can go to the beach and in the lake ...yay lake!!!!

I'm at the nursing home rehabilitation place my FIL is doing very poorly I hope to post more late but this looks bad

Hugs to all
 
I'm so sorry about your FIL. It is a difficult situation.

But on the positive side, dr said you are good and that is fantastic. Plus you can go to the beach and in the lake! I bet that water is still rather chilly but maybe you don't mind. I'm glad you had time to post a quick note as we were all thinking about you.
 
Hugs GrannyC,
Thank you I think he may pass tonight and we had to leave to some crazy family fight I don't understand...... I'm sad and lost for my husband and MIL

That said yes YAY way awesome report and news on my health and lol yes our lakes are wayyyyy too cold right now but it's nice to know IF a chance came up I could go swimming
 
I'm grateful to all of you thank you for the prayers, cheers and well wishes I'm sad on FIL right now so I'll try to catch up when I can
 
Back
Top Bottom