Guest viewing is limited

THR Aussie's Posterior LTHR

Irishjoe ...Oh I love the Irish belief and saying I am part Irish. .. I really will get over this .... I'm just frustrated by the rules and nobody yet has told me how long... I can't deal with forever being perfect on SOME of these rules..


..More later okay gang
 
OKAY PT today,
Phenomenal is the word she had a drawer she pulled out put it next to the LOW table and said if I cross 90 degrees worry not it will be fast...so we practiced and she measured my angles ....close but all good...She said DO it.....and tonight I did...by looking at the bathroom pictures she was able to see why the tight quarters and space we had to put the seat in backwards..
So we loled but backwards it's gotta be.....Guess who had LEGS in the shower tonight This saves my husband a lot of work on wet towels etc yay ... I can't wait till I can stand and lol face the faucet he had to reach them but that's Ok what a nice improvement and I felt more like a big girl ..and um more stuff gets clean.

Then on the Walker kicking she said it's because my Scoliosis has turned my feet out a little so she has me holding my Walker out further than normal and it's a little hard but I will adjust can't be falling lol.

Picking things up lower down she showed me how to get around my 90 degrees...kinda like stick my butt out .

Lastly getting up from soft old low furniture ... I have done it twice now not easy but like tonight I had to do it my newish dog was out running barking and barking .. I was afraid he'd have a heart attack so... I used the technique and it worked there we know we are on the razors edge but I can't buy new furniture or cushions.....OMG I did lots of stuff I haven't been able to do for weeks and feel great

Everyone thank you for all the support .... I'm a slow typist but I'll catch up...Color me tired now
 
Wanna weep. I went to see the PA today and she was very VERY impressed. At end I asked on site of incision we marveled on how good it looks will be very little scar ... BUT then she feels this lump sez worry not they will aspirate it it happens now and then ...She sticks the needle in and ....sez it's dark blood that that usually means a torn muscle she'll have me see the doctor in 2 weeks ...she saw my panic ...said he will see me after surgery on the 30th.. Tuesday....She said as I can abduct she doubts it is a torn muscle one I'm not in pain 2 I abduct like crazy......Still gang

I'm scared it all starts again if it is ... I'm freaking out.

She hugged me ..called my doctor he said relax it's nothing but let's look at it... They asked if I take anti anxiety meds I said low dose Valium so they kicked it up till he sees me

Jeeze all I have very little pain and can do many abductor exercises

I'm am sad
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you should panic. Since you are not in any pain, I would think that is a very good sign. Just hang in there and it will be ok. Actually the 30th is just a week away so that is good. It gives you less time to worry. Think of the positive part of your visit - about how impressed she was with your progress. The PA sounds like a very caring person. Keep posting on here and keep us up to date. We're all here for you all the time!!
 
GrannyC you're very sweet ya know....Yes both the doctor and PA are very kind and compassionate.... I'm scared I hate to admit it and don't mean to be a drag. Yes they had me meet him at the hospital so I can see him sooner...Still I am so afraid
 
I have a feeling things will be fine AussieG.
Doesn't sound too serious.
Try Not to worry.
Joe.......
 
Aw IrishJoe you're so sweet thank you IF it's a muscle tear I will have to have surgery to fix it..... I wanna be on the beach not starting post OP stuff again. I'm praying and trying not to get too down ... Today I'm less paniced.... I wonder if Josephine would be know how my odds are. I was told they thought the lump was just fluid I forget the name for it but when she started aspirating and got dark blood she said you know could be a muscle tear...

On the plus side I pretty much don't need even a cane it's 5.3 weeks out of surgery I can move my leg way out and they were very impressed with my progress. Being diabetic 31 years that's awesome ✝
 
Hi Aussie Girl! My thread is called Recovery in Labrador.
Yes, I flew out to a town on the northern coast of Newfoundland, l live north of that in North West River, Labrador. So today I see a gp (not mine because she's on a six month hiking trip of the Pacific Rim) but one I know.

As to showering I'm a bath gal so it doesn't quite work but soon!

Yes, we really need to focus on the big pucture - no crocodile chewing on my hip but I can't put my frickin' socks on! I think, as I'm at 6 and a half weeks that my restrictions are lifted but pain makes me still adhere yo both of them. I can pick up most things with the golfer reach. Not doing Physio exercises but may try reduced number of them this week.

Carry on getting better and always remember that this is a good place to whinge when you need to!
 
I am not sure I can get my legs over but also not sure if it's allowed hip rule wise
I think you're obsessing rather about these restrictions. The rule is that you cannot go past 90 degrees but you can go up to it. Did you read this article Dislocation risk and 90 degree rule? It explains it all, particularly that the dislocation risk is really very small. And it's a risk, not an inevitability.
PT today, phenomenal is the word she had a drawer she pulled out put it next to the LOW table and said if I cross 90 degrees worry not it will be fast
Quite right. She agrees with me!
Nobody knows what it's like after 5 weeks not to shower
Are you kidding? Loads of us do!
BUT then she feels this lump sez worry not they will aspirate it it happens now and then ...She sticks the needle in and ....sez it's dark blood that that usually means a torn muscle
I can promise you 100% that it's not a torn muscle! It's more likely just what she said, a little collection of blood left over from the surgery. Please don't worry about it. If that PA had been more experienced, she would have know that! There was certainly no need to go sticking needles in it!

And about that PT. She's not given you any exercises to do, has she? Because hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.
 
MyAussieGirl, that is great news from Josephine. I kept thinking about it and it seemed like if it was a torn muscle, you would be in quite a bit of pain. So now you can relax and enjoy your weekend. Maybe you'll be able to make it to church again. That seemed to be very helpful seeing all those friendly faces and having lots of people to visit with. I think that is good therapy itself.

Hopefully your Michigan weather is better than our northern NY weather. Today is upper 50's and raining yet again! I'm really sick of all this rain and cooler weather.
 
Lol Jan I had found your thread and know I posted once maybe twice then you were gone.

I hope your doctor visit went well...

I'm doing much better on shower and tonight risked the leg out gig while I just washed my hair in the sink...ran around lots.... I still hate restrictions but many have been lifted
I wish you were near by I would lend you by sock putter oners I got them from the hospital or I'd ask hubby to do it for you

I am so glad you're back I missed you
 
Hugs IrishJoe thank you you are a gift from God so very compassionate to call for Josephine I am too chicken to tag anyone I don't like to be a pest.... THANKS ✝
 
Jumps up and down hugs Josephine Thanks for posting all this information as you always do ...

I do worry and my PT agrees with you I obsess over the 90 degree rule... In fact she used the same word....and... ask me who thought the rule up... I said .. I don't know...she said exactly just don't do this and she bent wayyyy down silly crazy made me laugh and said see you don't ever bend link this I bet.

My PA aspirated the lump cause she thought it was a S something she said it's just clear fluid taking space...but when she saw all VERY dark blood...then she was all saying it could be a muscle tear....Like GrannyC I thought I'd hurt too but the PA was concerned then confused cause I can abduct about a foot out ....100 per cent huh lol

Jumps back to PT she actually did give me exercises to do at home not for the hip but for the abductors..
No.names on them but one you do a bridge arching your back, one you stand straight at the counter and love your operated leg out as far as you can sideways...one has a name the clamshell...the other you bend the bottom leg and go up and down with your other leg keeping it straightened that is the only semi hard one I can go about 8 inches up to a foot ....a foot early in my day

I will re read the link you sent I thought I did but maybe didn't?

Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart ... I really appreciate all you do here
 
GrannyC I'm with you I was thinking I was doing great then the PA hits me with dark fluid is newer blood and usually due to a torn muscle...
Bless IrishJoe for calling in the Calvary and Josephine for BEING here
I'm always touched by you and SO many who are so kind ..thanks
Ahh my friend our weather is all over the place a little drizzle today and dark....we um shopped lots in many stores and a nursery... I'm worn out .. I heard we will have rain at least 1 day this weekend but we don't have much plan wise..
Maybe BBQ here the 2 of us and hubby will plant flowers for me I'm not to get on knees ...That's all I know we have planned and YES on church I've gone every Saturday since that one and it is so nice... you know to be around people..a lot of times I'm alone as hubby is mowing lawns and out doing things and I'm in here....

Jumping ...many restrictions are lifted but still pillows between legs and 90 degree rule till Mid July my PA said I'll blab with you tomorrow it's late and I'm tired
 
Hi again - I missed all the drama when I posted about bath - guess I thought the page before this was your last page! I would listen to Josephine. She's the real thing and can cut through the nonsense like a paratrooper! It won't help you to fret so don't.

Yesterday I saw the gp and saw my xrays- all good. Any restrictions I have now are my own mind. I had a bath last night. It was heaven. I walked on the beach without my cane. I had a bit of s rough night (probably just my muscles complaining that they had all the hard work!) At one point I even crossed my legs. Shocking I know.

Soon you'll see your doctor and he'll put your mind at ease. Torn muscles hurt.

Luv,
Jan
 
YAYYY I'm so glad your tests came back good Jan and oh yes I do believe Josephine I get so tired of the fears they hit ya up with at the doctor's office. I loled at your crossing your legs you are brave ...
OMG BEACH no cane or Walker and a real bath a bet that was Heaven for you I can't imagine getting into a tub WTG girl... High 5

Yes I see my OS on Tuesday ... I'm looking forward to it

As to mucles the next day mine were a bit sore the other day after mega PT exercises ... today I was just tired as a whole I had a great day just lots of store walking and walked in a nursery...got flowers I can plant on a table for my deck and also some hubby will plant in memory of my dog
 
MyAussieGirl You are doing so well. I know you can't bear to think about there being some complications...I wouldn't want that on my head either. Made me look at mine super close...I went to Dr 1st of last week and he doesn't have me coming back until July 13. I'm assuming if there is any problems between now and then they are supposed to be obvious. Try to cool out till then. :SUNsmile:
 
MyAussieGirl, I think you are covering a lot more miles in a day that I do! All that walking! Your place will look so bright and cheery with all those flowers. That is nice. A few years back I planted perennials so I didn't have to plant each year. Unfortunately they don't bloom quite as long as the annuals but they are pretty while they last. I may add some annuals this year just for a bit more color and see how they look. I hope you have a great weekend. I think we will head out to a few yard sales today and see if we can find any treasures. I doubt it but it is fun to look anyhow.
 
I will catch up with all some time after church.... just a quick question....WHY are we all waking up a lot at night? I am going crazy last night bowels worked 5 times not loose just woke every 2 hrs if it's not possible it's sleeping hands or room is hot
... I'm going crazier
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom