desertrat
junior member
@goblue61 I didn't do any PT. They said just walking, like everyone on this forum says. I'm ready to do more now though. I didn't have the 90 degree restriction but I still need to find out a safe way to get off the floor. I read a description that said get on your hands and knees, use your hands pushing the floor to help straighten your legs and then straighten up, at least I think that's what it described. I think I could do that but want to wait until my boyfriend or someone is here to help me if I need it. That wouldn't work if you have a 90 degree restriction. I found some videos on YouTube but nothing specific for hip replacement.
@Layla The Total gym is a great tool - there's a lot of stuff on YouTube for it including hip replacement rehab, plus it comes with some DVDs. I found a belt for the inversion table that puts the weight on the top of your hips so it would be safe for THR. I'm not going to get it right away but might later. My chiro said he could just use the activator on me and he has patients with hip replacements. I have some scoliosis and my sacroiliac tends to get cockeyed so I kind of need the chiro. I messed up my back falling off horses when I was a teenager.
@Layla The Total gym is a great tool - there's a lot of stuff on YouTube for it including hip replacement rehab, plus it comes with some DVDs. I found a belt for the inversion table that puts the weight on the top of your hips so it would be safe for THR. I'm not going to get it right away but might later. My chiro said he could just use the activator on me and he has patients with hip replacements. I have some scoliosis and my sacroiliac tends to get cockeyed so I kind of need the chiro. I messed up my back falling off horses when I was a teenager.

United States



I'm pretty sure I'm okay but it scared the heck out of me. I was not watching the floor closely enough (imagine that at a bead show) and didn't notice it. When I fell, about 5 people ran up and asked if I was okay. Some were venders and were quite upset - they'd been complaining about the covers and watching people stumble on them - said I wasn't the first person to fall. They helped me up and offered me a chair. I sat there for a few minutes and collected myself. My hip still worked and didn't hurt bad, though it was sore. I'd left my cane in the car and my friend I was with went and got it for me. I was already tired when I fell so that probably contributed. I took a 500mg tylenol and kept going with frequent sitting breaks (I'd been sitting frequently before I fell too.) I walked 5000 steps again! Surely if I broke something or did serious damage it would hurt more. 






That's good news! 
But several people ran up and a couple of men helped me up.




