Eman85
big-cheese
Congrats on the retirement plans! I had my hip done and never went back.
All sounds well. The tightening up while sitting is certainly normal and the stutter steps upon rising were common me for many months.

United States
Being ALIVE is an incredible gift!!! Life is all about being happy not so much about being productive or wealthy.Eman85--that was good planning on your part!
The flexibility of being retired is an incredible gift, isn't it?!?! Although I do find that I was far more productive when I was teaching full time, and sometimes it bothers me that while I always am busy, I don't feel like I accomplish as much as I'd like.
But I am happy and incredibly content overall, especially now that I am not dealing with the horrendous hip pain I had last year!
United States
No inversion ever unless I can hang from my waist.
Stretching/Yoga okay - no restrictions on movement.
I will still be cautious though. Okay to kneel to the floor but I forgot to find out the correct way to do it. Asked how long it takes for the capsule around the joint to heal - 3 months, and for the bone to grow into the implant - I think he said 6mo -1yr. I go back 1 yr from surgery or if I have problems. I mentioned having him do the other hip (eventually) and he said it wouldn't need it for a while. There is still a little cartilage in there. The one he did was in bad shape.
United States
United States
I'm tired of my treadmill I need to switch it up. Chiro, I'm afraid, not sure if I can go back. I think I'd be an annoyance because I'd want to understand and okay everything before I allowed mine to touch me. Inversion, I get it. We have a Teeter's and I would never attempt it after THR.
United States